Are you looking to make something warm and cozy that’s also easy to prepare? Look no further than this delectable Chilis Potato Soup recipe!
It’s a classic favorite, with a slow-cooked broth packed full of potatoes, white peppers and butter for an extra kick. The result is a hearty soup that will satisfy any appetite.
With its simple ingredients and minimal cook time, you can enjoy this comforting meal in no time at all. So grab your pot and let’s get cooking!
What is Chilis potato soup recipe?
Chili’s Potato Soup is a classic, creamy soup with all the flavors you love in a restaurant-style bowl.
It features potatoes, bacon, flour and butter cooked in a savory chicken stock with white pepper and heavy cream to add that extra zing.
The end result is an unbeatable comforting meal perfect for chilly days or any time you’re craving something warm and satisfying.
Enjoying Chili’s Potato Soup at home is easy once you’ve got the recipe down pat. With its comforting flavors and creamy texture, it’s sure to be a hit with all your family and friends.
You can also customize it by adding extra veggies like corn or bell peppers or substitute spices to suit your taste preferences.
How nutritious is this soup?
Chili’s Potato Soup is a great source of several essential vitamins and minerals. Potatoes are loaded with vitamin C, B6 and iron, while bacon provides some protein.
The creamy soup also contains calcium from the heavy cream and phosphorus from the chicken stock.
Altogether, this tasty dish can provide a wide range of nutrition that’s beneficial for overall health.
- 2.5 pounds russet potatoes
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon white pepper(ground)
- 4 ounces of butter
- 1.5 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/2 cup crumbled crispy bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- A bowl
- A large Pot
How to make Chilis potato soup?
My mom had a friend who was born in Latin America. She was an amazing cook and she shared her recipes with us. One of our favorites was her chilis potato soup.
It had the perfect blend of heat, flavor, and texture that we all loved. We would always ask for the recipe whenever we ate it.
Eventually, my mom asked if she could write down the ingredients so that we could make it ourselves at home.
Of course, she said yes! I remember writing down all the instructions and then coming back home excited to try making it myself.
Since then, my family and I have been making this delicious chilis potato soup on a regular basis. We all love it and consider it to be one of our favorite comfort foods!
The best part is that it’s really easy to make and it takes no time at all.
Whenever I’m in the mood for something comforting, chilis potato soup is definitely my go-to recipe! It never fails to hit the spot.
The soup is made with russet potatoes, all-purpose flour, heavy cream, white pepper, butter, chicken stock and salt.
To finish off the soup you can top it with chives, crumbled bacon and shredded cheddar cheese. This creamy potato soup will warm up any chilly day.
I’ve given the step by step process on how to make this chillis potato soup below. Please check it out!
Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small cubes that are 3/8th of an inch in width.
Soak the potato cubes in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. Make sure to add enough water to the bowl so that it completely covers all of the cubes. Keep the bowl aside.
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Wait to melt the butter and add all-purpose flour to it. And stir gently to mix the flour. Cook on medium heat for approximately one minute, stirring frequently, or until the mixture smells like pie dough.
Pour in chicken stock and heavy cream to the cooked roux, and keep stirring the soup every few minutes until it reaches your ideal consistency.
Now, drain the water from the bowl of potatoes, and add them to the pot. To season the dish, add salt and ground white pepper to taste.
Keep cooking until the potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork. It should take around 30 minutes.
Top with the garnishing items. Serve!
– Add some bacon, diced ham, or crumbled sausage to the pot while simmering for an extra flavor boost.
– Try adding in some fresh herbs like thyme or oregano before serving for another layer of flavor.
– If you want to make the soup spicier, add a few dashes of hot sauce or chili powder.
– Serve with crackers or crusty bread on the side for dipping.
What does it taste like?
Chili’s Potato Soup is a thick and creamy soup with plenty of potatoes and smoky bacon. The potatoes are cooked until tender, then blended together with heavy cream, chicken stock, butter, white pepper and salt.
This simple yet flavorful combination creates a delicious dish that is sure to satisfy any palate.
The addition of chives, bacon, and cheddar cheese top off this hearty soup with an extra boost of flavor.
Whether served on its own or as part of a larger meal, Chili’s Potato Soup will leave you wanting more!
What to serve with Chilis potato soup?
Chili’s Potato Soup pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Here are some suggestions:
– Grilled cheese sandwiches or BLTs
– Buttered dinner rolls or sourdough bread
– Caesar salad
– Roasted Brussels sprouts with garlic and Parmesan
– Steamed broccoli with butter and lemon juice
– Creamy macaroni and cheese
– Garlic sautéed mushrooms or spinach.
For a complete meal, serve Chili’s Potato Soup in bowls alongside your favorite sides.
Are you tired of the same old soup toppings?
Here are some ideas to mix it up!
– Toasted croutons
– Roasted garlic cloves
– Grilled corn kernels
– Chopped jalapenos
– Caramelized onions
– Toasted pumpkin seeds
– Shaved Parmesan cheese
– Crispy fried shallots
– Sliced avocado and tomato slices.
How to store leftover Chilis potato soup?
You can store leftover Chili’s Potato Soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
To reheat, transfer the soup to a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat until warmed through. If desired, add a splash of heavy cream before serving.
You can also freeze the soup for up to two months for extended storage. When ready to eat, simply thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
Chilis potato soup recipe
- A boul
- A large pot
- 2.5 pounds russet potatoes
- 0.5 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (ground)
- 4 ounces of butter
- 1.5 quarts chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons salt
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into small cubes that are 3/8th of an inch in width.
- Soak the potato cubes in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. Make sure to add enough water to the bowl so that it completely covers all of the cubes. Keep the bowl aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Wait to melt the butter and add all-purpose flour to it. And stir gently to mix the flour. Cook on medium heat for approximately one minute, stirring frequently, or until the mixture smells like pie dough.
- Pour in chicken stock and heavy cream to the cooked roux, and keep stirring the soup every few minutes until it reaches your ideal consistency.
- Now, drain the water from the bowl of potatoes, and add them to the pot. To season the dish, add salt and ground white pepper to taste.
- Keep cooking until the potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork. It should take around 30 minutes.
- Top with the garnishing items. Serve!
Amount per serving And % Daily Values
Serving: 8 people Calories: 572kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0.5g | Cholesterol: 117mg | Sodium: 2277mg | Potassium: 894mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1418IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Puerto Rican tostones fried plantains recipes
- How to make chick-fil-a chicken noodle soup
- Grandma’s Pumpkin Soup
- Ole smoky pickle moonshine recipe
Thanks for taking the time to learn how to make Chilis Potato Soup. I hope you and your family enjoy this flavorful dish. Serve it hot with a side of bread or crackers for a delicious and comforting meal that will satisfy everyone in your family.
I’m sure if you try it once, you’ll be coming back for seconds! Please share this recipe with your friends and family so that they can enjoy it too. Bon Appetit!