KFC Apple Pie Recipe - Easy Kitchen Guide
If you’re looking for a delicious homemade food dessert that is sure to please, look no further than KFC’s apple pie recipe. It is made with a flaky crust and is packed with a sweet and savory filling made with apples, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. This pie is baked to perfection and served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It tastes as good as the original KFC Apple Pie.
2 mixing bowl
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 egg
- 14 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup cold water
- 6 small peeled apples
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch cloves
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter
Making Puff Pastry
Combine all-purpose flour, egg, salt and 3/4 cup butter (cubed) in a medium bowl. With clean hands, mix gently until the butter is absorbed into the mixture.
Next, add cold water to the mixture and continue mixing until the butter has crumbled into tiny bits.
Knead the dough until it forms a ball. If needed, add small amounts of flour to keep the dough from sticking to your hands or the surface.
Wrap the dough ball in plastic, and put it in the fridge for at least one hour.
In a saucepan, add apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves over medium heat.
Stir the mixture occasionally so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom of the saucepan. When the apples have softened, add the butter.
In a cup, take the cornstarch and mix it with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Then whisk them together and add them to the apple mixture. Keep stirring until the apples have cooked down to your desired level of thickness.
Allow the apple filling to cool before going to the next step.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the puff pastry dough is cool, gently roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to create an even 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the dough into eight 4.5×6 inch rectangles and place them onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Add 2 tablespoons of apple mixture onto one side of each piece of puff pastry. Then, fold the pastry over. Use a fork to secure the edges together.
In a small cup, whisk 1 egg yolk. Brush the apple pies with the yolk. Next, sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top of the pies. Lastly, place them in the freezer for 15 minutes to let them firm up.
Place apple pies in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, until golden and puffy.
1. The apple filling can last up to 3 days if made in advance.
2. You can use a high-quality apple sauce for the filling. This will ensure that your pies are flavorful and not too sweet.
3. Be sure to let the pies cool completely before serving. This will help them hold their shape and prevent the filling from oozing out.
4 . You can use a variety of toppings on your pies, such as whipped cream, ice cream, or even caramel sauce. Get creative and enjoy!
5. Pie-making is much simpler when both the dough and filling are cold beforehand. If they’re not, the pies will be challenging to work with.
6. Don’t forget to finish with a dusting of cinnamon sugar. It will make baked apple pie delicious and unique.