Aunt Jemima Cornbread Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander
Aunt Jemima Cornbread is a delicious, easy-to-make and classic Southern side dish. It’s made with simple ingredients like cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and oil. The result is a fluffy golden-brown bread that pairs perfectly with snacks or other dishes.
Prep Time 20 minutes mins
Cook Time 20 minutes mins
Total Time 40 minutes mins
Servings 8 people
Calories 169 kcal
- 1 cup Aunt Jemima Enriched Yellow Corn Meal
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease an 8-inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat together the oil, milk and egg.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
• For a richer flavor, use buttermilk instead of regular milk for the recipe.
• If you like your cornbread a bit sweeter, add an additional 2 tablespoons of sugar.
• If you prefer a lighter, fluffier texture, reduce the amount of oil to 3 tablespoons.
Keyword Aunt Jemima Cornbread, Aunt Jemima Cornbread Recipe