Jack in The Box Taco Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander
Jack in the Box tacos is a unique twist on classic Mexican street food. Since the early 1950s, Jack in the Box has been serving tacos. The taco has a longer history in Mexico than the arrival of Europeans. They’re great for a quick meal or snack and have become an icon of fast food culture.
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 15 minutes mins
25 minutes mins
Course street food
Servings 1 taco
Calories 271 kcal
1 small bow
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp plain chili powder
- 1 tbsp masa corn flour
- 1 tsp Accent seasoning
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cups cold water
- 1 dash of cayenne pepper
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 dash of ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3/4 tsp mild taco sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sugar
Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F.
Over medium heat, cook the ground beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain off any excess fat.
In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, masa corn flour, Accent seasoning, all-purpose flour, cold water and cayenne pepper until smooth and pour it into the skillet with ground beef mixture. Stir everything together and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
Divide the beef mixture equally among 6 taco shells and place on a greased baking sheet lined with foil paper or parchment paper. Top each taco shell with one slice of American cheese and sprinkle some ground black pepper over them; bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes until cheese is melted and taco shells are lightly browned.
In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste, mild taco sauce, salt, garlic powder, cumin, sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Remove tacos from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes and prepared sauce; serve immediately.
– You can use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef for a healthier version of this dish.
– Add more cayenne pepper or chili powder to the mixture if you want a spicier version of this dish.
– If the mixture is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of cold water and stir well.
– Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes before serving.
Keyword Jack in The Box Taco, Jack in The Box Taco Recipe