Joy of Cooking Pancake Recipe
Lori Walker, MS, RD
Joy of Cooking Pancake is the way to go if you’re looking for a classic pancake recipe that is sure to please. This delicious breakfast dish is made with basic ingredients like flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs.
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 8 mins
Total Time 18 mins
Servings 12 people
Calories 185 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons melted butter cooled to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
Grease a skillet or griddle and preheat over medium-high heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto the greased pan or griddle and spread into a circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown.
Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake if needed. Serve warm with your favorite toppings like butter, syrup and berries.
- If you prefer thicker pancakes, use a scant 1/4 cup of batter instead of a full 1/4 cup.
- You can make this recipe dairy-free by using alternative milk like almond or oat milk.
- Make sure to cook the pancakes over medium heat. Otherwise, they may burn before they are cooked through.
Keyword Joy of Cooking Pancake, Joy of Cooking Pancake Recipe