Bojangles Fried Chicken Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander
What about making some delicious and crunchy fried chicken at home? You can never go wrong with Bojangles Fried Chicken! It is Great for a weekend family treat or meal. Bojangles Fried Chicken is one of the most popular fried chicken recipes in the southern United States.
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 20 minutes mins
Total Time 30 minutes mins
Course Main Course
Calories 240 kcal
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of egg shake
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1-quart vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
Take a bowl and mix together the black pepper, cayenne pepper, Cajun seasoning, paprika powder, all-purpose flour, and salt. You can adjust how much of each ingredient you want to use for your desired taste.
Take a wire rack and place it over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Dip each piece of chicken into the egg shake and then coat it with the flour mixture. Make sure to coat all sides of the chicken evenly. Set aside on a plate or shallow bowl until all pieces are coated.
In a large, deep frying pan, heat enough oil to cover the chicken pieces. When the oil is hot, add the chicken one piece at a time and fry for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
Once all pieces are fried, place them on the wire rack set over the baking sheet to drain any excess oil. Serve with your favourite sides.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in a mixture of all the ingredients listed above before frying them. This will help to ensure that the chicken is flavorful and juicy when it comes out of the fryer.
- Make sure to coat the chicken pieces evenly with the flour mixture before dipping them into the egg wash and then back into the flour mixture. This will ensure a nice and crunchy crust on the outside of the chicken.
- Once the chicken is coated, make sure to fry them on medium-high heat. This will ensure that the chicken is cooked all the way through while also providing a nice and crunchy texture.
- When the chicken pieces are done cooking, remove them from the oil and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help to keep them juicy and flavorful.
Keyword Bojangles Fried Chicken Recipe