Panera Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Lori Walker, MS, RD
Are you looking for a delicious, hearty soup to make at home? The Panera Chicken Noodle Soup may be just what you need! This homemade version of this classic dish is full of flavor and simple to make. Every spoonful bursts with savory broth, tender chicken, flavorful noodles, and succulent vegetables. Not only is it tasty, but the ingredients in this recipe are also healthy and nutritious.
Prep Time 25 minutes mins
35 minutes mins
Total Time 1 hour hr
Servings 8 people
Calories 168 kcal
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 cups dried noodles
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup carrots, chopped
- 1.3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 8 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic to the pan. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 4-5 minutes.
Stir in the thyme leaves and bay leaves and cook for 1 minute more.
Pour in the chicken broth and bring it to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and turmeric to the soup and stir until combined.
Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water, according to the package directions. Once cooked, drain the noodles and toss them with 1 teaspoon of olive oil to prevent sticking. Leave aside.
Cut up chicken breast into small cubes and add it to the pot with noodles (you can use any kind of noodle you like). Cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes.
Once the chicken and noodles are cooked, remove the bay leaves from the pot and discard them.
Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle fresh parsley over the top of the soup before serving.
- Don’t settle for frozen convenience when fresh is available.
- Soften and brown the onion in some butter.
- Use chicken broth to deglaze the pan.
- Season to taste before adding the raw chicken and again before serving.
- The noodles will absorb too much of the soup’s liquid if you cook them in there, making them mushy and unpleasant.
- Using low-sodium broth will help reduce the amount of salt in this recipe.
- To make this vegetarian dish, simply omit the chicken breast and add more vegetables like mushrooms or spinach.
- For extra flavor, add a teaspoon of garlic powder to the soup while it simmers, or uses rotisserie chicken instead of raw chicken cubes.
- If you want your soup thicker, try adding a few tablespoons of flour or cornstarch to the pot and stirring until it dissolves.
Keyword Panera Chicken Noodle Soup, Panera Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe