Skyrim Mead Recipe
Lori Walker, MS, RD
If you are a gamer, you must like Skyrim. And if you ever play Skyrim, you must see the characters drink Skyrim Mead. If you also want to enjoy the taste of this beverage yourself, why not try making it at home?
Prep Time 28 d
Total Time 27 d
Servings 9 people
Calories 145 kcal
- 2 Gallons of water
- 3 whole lemons
- 3-1/2 lbs Honey
- 1 packet of White Wine Yeast
- 25 packets of any dark tea
- 2 large cinnamon sticks
- 2-1/2 lbs. Fresh blackberries
Begin by bringing 2 gallons of water to a boil in a large stockpot on the stovetop. When the water boils, add 3 whole lemons and 25 packets of any dark tea. Let this mixture simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
When the 10 minutes are up, remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled, strain the mixture into a cleaned and sanitized 5-gallon fermenting bucket. Next, add 3 1/2 lbs of honey to the bucket and stir until fully dissolved.
Now add 2 large cinnamon sticks, 2 1/2 lbs of fresh blackberries, and 1 packet of white wine yeast. Stir everything together until fully mixed.
Cover the bucket with a lid or airlock and let it ferment for 2-4 weeks in a cool, dark place. Make sure to check the fermentation process every few days to make sure everything is going as planned.
After two weeks, your mead should be ready for bottling! Transfer the mead to sanitized bottles and cork them tightly. Let the age of the bottle be in a cool, dark place for at least one month before drinking. The longer you let your mead age, the smoother and more flavorful it will be!
- Make sure all of your ingredients are fresh and of the highest quality.
- Be diligent with the fermentation process, checking it every few days to ensure it is going as planned.
- Use a sanitized hydrometer to check the specific gravity before bottling. If the reading is below 1.000, the mead is ready to bottle.
- Let your mead age at least one month before drinking for optimal flavor.
Keyword Skyrim Mead, Skyrim Mead Recipe