Looking for an easy meatloaf recipe? This Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe is for you!
This meatloaf recipe is from Brenda Gantt, a well-known cook in her hometown. She has won many awards for her cooking and this dish is one of her most popular recipes.
The meatloaf is juicy and flavorful, and the gravy is rich and delicious. You can serve this dish with mashed potatoes, rice, and a green vegetable for a complete meal.
You can cook this recipe within an hour if you have all the ingredients. Also, you can fulfill your midnight cravings with this delicious recipe. So, go to your kitchen quickly and follow the delicious Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe.
Who is Brenda Gantt?
Brenda Gantt is a citizen of Andalusia, Alabama, USA. She was born in 1947 in Northport, Alabama, USA. She is a retired school teacher and chef.
On social media, She is a cooking star. She posted various cooking tutorials on Facebook. She went viral on Facebook in 2020 for her biscuit baking video on her page “cooking with Brenda Gantt.”
Gantt was mostly a school teacher throughout her professional journey. A graduate of Northport’s Tuscaloosa County High School, Gantt first started teaching in the schools located in Tuscaloosa County. Once she moved to Covington County, she taught at Preliminary Schools until retirement.
She published her book “It’s Gonna Be Good, Y’all,” which is obviously about cooking, in November 2021.
What is Brenda Gantt Meatloaf?
Brenda Gantt Meatloaf is a dish made with ground beef, crackers or breadcrumbs, eggs, onion, garlic, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. It is named after Brenda Gantt, who created the recipe. The meatloaf is baked in a loaf pan and served with mashed potatoes.
Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe is an American recipe. This meatloaf recipe is perfect for a hearty and satisfying meal. It is packed with flavor and a nice texture that will have everyone returning for more.
The best thing about this dish is that it is very easy to make so you can enjoy it any night of the week.
A few months ago, I scrolled up my Facebook account timeline. Suddenly, a video caught my eye. The video was about a meatloaf recipe from the page “cooking with Brenda Gantt.”
That day, I tried this recipe for my family. They loved it and requested me to cook this favorite recipe sometimes.
This is a must-try recipe. You can serve this meatloaf with mashed potatoes and a side of steamed vegetables for a complete meal. This recipe will not disappoint you, so give it a try today. It is a recipe that is sure to please the whole family.
Also read: Godfather’s taco pizza copycat recipe
- Hamburger meat – 3 pounds
- White onion – one (large size)
- Tomato sauce – 1 or 2 can
- Salt – one and a half teaspoon
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- eggs – two
- Regular crackers or bread crumbs – 14 grams
- Bell pepper / sweet banana pepper – One (regular size)
- Cooking oil – 1 tablespoon
- One large mixing bowl
- One medium bowl – to whip eggs
- Oven – to bake
- Knife – to chop vegetable
- Broiler pan – to bake the meatloaf in the oven
Following some simple steps, you can easily make this recipe within a short cooking time.
First, put all the meat in a large mixing bowl.
Cut the bell pepper and onion into small pieces as you can. Add the bell pepper and onions to the bowl with the meat, mixing them until evenly distributed with the meat.
Add salt, black pepper and 15 ounces of canned tomato sauce to the bowl.
In a separate medium bowl, thoroughly beat the eggs to improve the consistency of your mixture.
Crush the crackers and mix them in the bowl. Or, if you use bread crumbs, mix them gradually.
Mix the combination using both hands until all of its components are combined.
After cleansing and drying your hands, take the broiler pan. Add water to the pan so the meat won’t stick to the bottom.
Lubricate the top of your pan with oil. This will ensure that the meatloaf does not stick to it.
Now, divide the meat mixture into 2-3 pieces of dough. Take a piece of the dough and lay it on the pan, depending on how large you want the size of the loaf. Use your fingertips to shape the meat into a loaf shape.
Continue until all of the mixtures have been used. Make an elongated valley in the middle of each meatloaf with your fingertips.
Scatter 1/2 can of tomato sauce in the spaces between the hills.
Now, set your oven to 400°F. Set the pan in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 400°F.
Remove the meatloaves from the oven and set them aside to cool. They are ready to serve!
Also read: Cheesecake factory miso salmon recipe
What to serve with Brenda Gantt meatloaf?
This hearty dish goes great with a simple side salad and some roasted potatoes. For an extra pop of flavor, try serving it with a dollop of cranberry sauce or a side of sautéed green beans. However you serve it, this meatloaf is sure to be a hit!
What Does Brenda Gantt meatloaf Taste Like?
The Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe is a classic comfort food dish with a flavorful twist. The addition of tomato sauce gives the meatloaf a delicious, slightly sweet and tangy flavor that is irresistible.
The onions and green peppers add a nice touch of color and texture to the dish, while the crackers help to bind everything together. The taste of black pepper makes the taste of the recipe different. This meatloaf is definitely a winner!
How to reheat Brenda Gantt meatloaf?
If you have leftovers, you can reheat the Brenda Gantt meatloaf in the microwave or oven.
To reheat in the microwave, place a single slice on a plate and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave on high for 30-60 seconds, or until heated through.
To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and place slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through. Enjoy!
How to store Brenda Gantt meatloaf?
You can store leftover Brenda Gantt meatloaf in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply place slices in an airtight container or wrap tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. When ready to enjoy, reheat as directed above.
Tips and tricks for a better meatloaf recipe
-Try using a mixture of ground beef for a lighter, healthier version.
-Add some diced onions, garlic, and herbs for an extra flavorful meatloaf.
-Add a little bit of grated Parmesan cheese to the mix for a cheesy twist.
-To make cleanup a breeze, line your loaf pan with foil or parchment paper before adding the meatloaf mixture. Simply lift out the cooked meatloaf and discard the lining. No mess, no fuss!
Brenda Gantt Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Oven
- 1 Knife – to chop vegetable
- 1 Broiler pan
- 3 pounds Hamburger meat
- 1 pc White onion (large size)
- 2 can Tomato sauce
- 11/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 14 grams Regular crackers or bread crumbs
- 1 Bell pepper / sweet banana pepper (regular size)
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- First, put all the meat in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the bell pepper and onion into small pieces as you can. Add the bell pepper and onions to the bowl with the meat, mixing them until evenly distributed with the meat.
- Add salt, black pepper and 15 ounces of canned tomato sauce to the bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, thoroughly beat the eggs to improve the consistency of your mixture.
- Crush the crackers and mix them in the bowl. Or, if you use bread crumbs, mix them gradually.
- Mix the combination using both hands until all of its components are combined.
- After cleansing and drying your hands, take the broiler pan. Add water to the pan so the meat won’t stick to the bottom.
- Lubricate the top of your pan with oil. This will ensure that the meatloaf does not stick to it.
- Now, divide the meat mixture into 2-3 pieces of dough. Take a piece of the dough and lay it on the pan, depending on how large you want the size of the loaf. Use your fingertips to shape the meat into a loaf shape.
- Continue until all of the mixtures have been used. Make an elongated valley in the middle of each meatloaf with your fingertips.
- Scatter 1/2 can of tomato sauce in the spaces between the hills.
- Now, set your oven to 400°F. Set the pan in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes at 400°F.
- Remove the meatloaves from the oven and set them aside to cool. They are ready to serve!
Nutrition information per serving and daily percentage values are given below.
I hope you enjoyed this Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe. This dish is not only delicious but also easy to prepare. Perfect for a filling and Flavorful meal, this meatloaf will have everyone coming back for more. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try today!
Thanks for trying out the Brenda Gantt meatloaf recipe. Be sure to let us know what you think in the comments below. I would love to hear from you. Happy cooking!