Last Updated on August 19, 2023
This meal is quick and easy to make, making it an ideal weeknight dinner or lunch option. It’s also great for feeding large groups since it can be cooked in large batches.
It is a great source of protein and carbohydrates and makes for a hearty meal that the whole family will love.
In this recipe guide, you will get easy to follow instructions that will help you recreate the recipe the same way the chef did. So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is the chef boyardee beefaroni ?
Chef Boyardee beefaroni is a ready to cook pasta dish that is made with ground beef, macaroni, tomato sauce and chili powder. The beefaroni has a unique flavor that makes it very popular among children and adults. It can be served as-is or used as an ingredient in other dishes such as lasagna or casseroles.
However, the recipe I have shared here today will give you the same delicious taste as if you had bought it from the store.
So, you don’t have to sacrifice flavor or convenience with this recipe! It has an intense tomato flavor with the chili powder adding a subtle kick.
The ground beef and macaroni add a meaty and firm texture to the dish, making it incredibly filling. The olives, onions, and garlic give the Tomato sauce more depth of flavor that makes this meal truly unique.
You Might Also Like These Dinner Recipes!
- Cheddars Green Beans Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Golden Corral Meatloaf Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Reuben Crescent Bake
How to make chef Boyardee Beefaroni?
Making chef Boyardee Beefaroni is pretty easy. Follow the instructions below to get started!
- Ground beef– Ground beef is a popular ingredient in recipes that require ground meat, such as burgers and tacos. It is high in protein and provides essential vitamins and minerals.
- Macaroni – Macaroni is a type of pasta that comes in the shape of short tubes. It has a chewy texture when cooked properly and can be used in a variety of dishes.
- Olive oil– Olive oil is an edible oil derived from olives and is a staple ingredient in Mediterranean cuisine. It is high in healthy fats and provides several beneficial nutrients.
- Onion – Onions are a type of allium vegetable with many culinary uses, ranging from soups and stews to salads and garnishes. They are high in vitamin C and other beneficial plant compounds.
- Salt – salt is a common seasoning ingredient that can enhance the flavor of many dishes. It also helps preserve food for longer periods of time.
- Pepper – Pepper is a popular spice used to add flavor to savory dishes. It is high in manganese and other essential vitamins and minerals.
- Tomato sauce – Tomato sauce is a widely used ingredient to add flavor and texture to dishes. It can be made with ripe tomatoes, onions, garlic, herbs, and spices.
- Chili powder – Chili powder is a popular spice blend used for seasoning savory dishes.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add chopped onion. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add ground beef to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
Drain off any excess fat from the beef mixture and then add the can of tomato sauce and chili powder. Stir to combine all ingredients in the skillet.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the macaroni. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, stirring often.
Drain the macaroni and stir it into the beef mixture in the skillet.
Pour the mixture into a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
Serve with grated cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley if desired.
– To make sure your ground beef cooks thoroughly, chop it into very small pieces before adding it to the skillet.
– Taste the beef mixture before baking in the oven to adjust seasoning if needed.
– For a vegan version, you can substitute ground beef for crumbled tofu or cooked lentils.
– To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free macaroni noodles.
Chef Boyardee Beefaroni Recipe
- medium size pot
- mixing bowl
- Baking pan
- Serving plate
- 3 cups of ground beef
- 1 cup of macaroni
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add chopped onion. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off any excess fat from the beef mixture and then add the can of tomato sauce and chili powder. Stir to combine all ingredients in the skillet.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the macaroni. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente, stirring often.
- Drain the macaroni and stir it into the beef mixture in the skillet.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling.
- Serve with grated cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley if desired.
Calories: 166 kcal | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Protein: 12 g | Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 34 mg | Sodium: 483 mg | Potassium: 373 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 4 g
What to serve with chef Boyardee beefaroni?
Chef Boyardee beefaroni is a hearty and flavorful dish that pairs well with a variety of sides. A simple side salad adds freshness and crunch to the meal, while garlic bread makes for an excellent accompaniment to soak up all the wonderful tomato sauce flavors.
If you’re looking for something more substantial, roasted vegetables such as cauliflower or carrots are great options to complement the dish.
For an even heartier meal, you could serve it with mashed potatoes, rice, or polenta.
If you’re looking for something lighter, try serving the beefaroni with a side of grilled vegetables like zucchini and bell peppers. Finally, don’t forget the cheese grated.
How to store leftover Chef Boyardee beefaroni?
Leftover Chef Boyardee beefaroni can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator, or place it into individual containers for easy reheating throughout the week.
You can also freeze leftover beefaroni for up to 3 months by transferring it to a freezer-safe container or bag. To reheat, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then warm it up on the stovetop or microwave as desired.
It is important to cool the leftovers quickly after serving by placing them in shallow containers and refrigerating them within two hours of cooking. Also, make sure to label and date all stored leftovers for easy identification.
This will help prevent food waste and ensure that your leftover Chef Boyardee beefaroni is still safe to eat.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Chef Boyardee beefaroni. While there are certain foods that pregnant women should avoid to minimize their risk of foodborne illness, this dish is generally safe for them to consume as long as it is cooked properly and all ingredients used in the recipe are fresh and not expired.
Is Chef Boyardee Beefaroni vegetarian?
No, Chef Boyardee Beefaroni is not vegetarian as it contains ground beef. However, you can make a vegan version of this dish by substituting ground beef with crumbled tofu or cooked lentils.
Can I freeze Chef Boyardee Beefaroni?
Yes, you can freeze leftover Chef Boyardee Beefaroni for up to 3 months. Transfer it to a freezer-safe container or bag and thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating it on the stovetop or in the microwave.
What is the best way to reheat Chef Boyardee Beefaroni?
The best way to reheat Chef Boyardee beefaroni is on the stovetop or in the microwave. For the stovetop, transfer the beefaroni into a pot and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through. For the microwave, place your beefaroni in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Make sure to check the temperature before serving.
Is there a way to make this dish healthier?
Yes, there are several ways that you can make Chef Boyardee Beefaroni healthier. Try substituting ground beef for leaner meats such as turkey or chicken, use whole wheat macaroni instead of regular pasta, and reduce the amount of cheese used. Additionally, adding in vegetables such as spinach, bell peppers, mushrooms or zucchini can make this dish even more nutritious.
Chef Boyardee beefaroni is a comforting and flavorful dish that the whole family can enjoy. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this classic Italian-American dish in only 25 minutes.
This meal is kid-friendly and delicious – perfect for busy weeknights! Be sure to store any leftovers properly for up to 4 days and you can also freeze them for up to 3 months. For a healthier version, try substituting leaner meats and adding vegetables for an extra boost of nutrition.
Please share this recipe with your friends and family if you love it. Thanks for reading this guide.