Last Updated on September 19, 2023
If you’re looking for a delicious, protein-packed meal that’s easy to make, look no further than this Costco Octopus. This roasted octopus dish from Costco is perfect for any occasion and can be prepared in just minutes!
Costco is a trusted source of fresh and delicious ingredients. Their El Rey Del Pulpo Cooked Octopus is pre-cooked and ready to be heated up for your next meal.
Follow this article to learn how you can make your own restaurant-quality dishes at home with this Costco Octopus. You’ll be sure to wow your guests with this flavorful dish!
Table of Contents
What is Costco Octopus?
Costco Octopus is a type of dish made from pre-cooked octopus that has been sourced from Costco. It’s a great way to enjoy this delicious seafood without the hassle of having to prepare it yourself.
The El Rey Del Pulpo Cooked Octopus from Costco comes ready to be heated up and enjoyed. This roasted octopus dish is seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper and finished off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar for an acidic kick. Once roasted in the oven, it is ready to be served as a main course or side dish.
Why You’ll Love this Costco Octopus?
This Costco Octopus recipe is truly a dish to be enjoyed by all. Not only is it an incredibly flavorful seafood meal, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients and steps you can have this delicious dish ready in minutes!
In addition, octopus is high in protein and low in fat, making it an excellent choice for those looking to stay healthy. Eating octopus is also an excellent way to add some variety to your diet and enjoy the unique flavors that this seafood provides.
You’ll also like the following Main recipes!
- Banana Pudding Moonshine Copycat Recipe
- How to make Chicken And Biscuits Cheesecake Factory
- Applebee’s Shark Bowl
- Costco El Rey Del Pulpo Cooked Octopus: This octopus is pre-cooked and can be heated up in minutes for a flavorful, protein-packed dish.
- Salt and pepper: To add some flavor to the dish, you may want to season your cooked octopus with salt and pepper.
- Olive oil: Olive oil provides richness and helps bring out the flavors of the octopus when cooked.
- Balsamic vinegar: Balsamic vinegar is a great addition to any octopus dish as it adds an acidic flavor that helps cut through the richness of the olive oil.
Step by Step Directions
Prepare the Octopus
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Then, remove your cooked octopus from its packaging and place it on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Roast the Octopus
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Check the octopus periodically to make sure it doesn’t get too dry or burn.
Finish and Serve
- Once your octopus is cooked, remove it from the oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- For a more flavorful dish, consider marinating the octopus in olive oil and herbs prior to baking.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding different seasonings and spices to your octopus before roasting.
- To ensure even cooking, make sure that your octopus is evenly coated with oil before placing it into the oven.
- If you’re serving a larger group, double or triple the ingredients accordingly and bake for an extra 5 minutes.
How to store Costco Octopus?
Here are some tips for storing Costco octopus:
- Always store your cooked octopus in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
- Place it in the refrigerator and consume it within 3 to 4 days.
- It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- When reheating, make sure that the octopus is heated all the way through before consuming.
What other substitute can I use in Costco Octopus?
Here are some substitutes for Costco octopus:
- Shrimp: For a similar texture and flavor, try using shrimp in place of octopus. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Squid: Another great substitute for octopus is squid. It has a slightly chewy texture and mild flavor that pairs perfectly with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Scallops: For an even sweeter, milder flavor, try substituting scallops for octopus in this dish. Be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and add a little extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar as needed.
Costco Octopus Recipe
- baking dish
- 1 package Costco El Rey Del Pulpo Cooked Octopus
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ cupBalsamic vinegar
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F. Carefully remove the cooked octopus from its packaging and place it on a baking sheet. Generously drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper until it is fully seasoned to your taste.
- Place into the preheated oven and bake for approximately 10 minutes, checking your octopus periodically to make sure it doesn’t get too dry or burn.
- Remove your cooked octopus from the oven and finish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Serve hot and enjoy!
Is this safe for young children to eat?
Yes, this octopus dish is safe for young children to eat. However, you may want to adjust the seasonings and reduce the amount of balsamic vinegar if your child is sensitive to spicy food. Additionally, always be sure that the octopus is cooked all the way through before serving.
Can I add other ingredients to the Costco Octopus dish?
Yes, you can feel free to get creative with this Costco Octopus dish. Try adding some diced tomatoes or fresh herbs for extra flavor and color. You can also consider adding some white wine for a light acidic taste, or top it off with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for an extra cheesy kick.
What Can I serve with Costco Octopus?
Costco Octopus pairs well with a variety of side dishes. Consider serving it with steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, or a simple salad for a complete meal. The octopus is also delicious when served over rice or couscous. You can also top off the dish with some fresh herbs such as parsley or basil for an extra flavor boost.
Making Costco Octopus is a great way to enjoy this delicious seafood without having to go through the hassle of prepping and cooking it yourself. The El Rey Del
Pulpo Cooked Octopus from Costco comes ready to be heated up and enjoyed, seasoned with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and finished off with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Just bake it in the oven for a few minutes and you’ll have a protein-packed dish ready to enjoy in no time!
Whether you are looking for an easy weeknight meal or want to impress your family and friends with this unique seafood option, Costco Octopus is sure to be a hit. So why not give it a try? Thank you for reading. Please share this article if you enjoyed it.