Last Updated on November 6, 2023
This Gold Buttercream Frosting is a delicious way to add some sparkle and sweetness to your next cake or cupcake project. Add this decadent frosting to your favorite cake for an unforgettable dessert.
With just a few easy steps, you can make this delicious and sparkly gold buttercream frosting in no time! So grab your ingredients, and let’s get started on this wonderful dessert.
For the best results, be sure to follow the instructions closely. Your guests are sure to be impressed with this golden delight!
Table of Contents
What is Gold Buttercream Frosting?
Gold Buttercream Frosting is a luxurious and elegant dessert. This delicious frosting is made with unsalted butter, powdered sugar, gold luster or shimmer, pure vanilla extract, fresh cream, and table salt.
The combination of these ingredients gives it a unique flavor that will tantalize your taste buds and make any cake look like a million bucks! The creamy texture and delicate flavor of this golden buttercream frosting will make your cakes and cupcakes look stunning.
Not to mention, the hint of gold adds a touch of luxe that makes it perfect for any special occasion. Whether you are baking for a birthday, anniversary, or other celebration, this Gold Buttercream Frosting is sure to be a hit! It’s also great for topping off cupcakes, cake pops, cookies, and other desserts.
You Might Also Like These Desserts Recipes!
- Hungarian Potato Pancakes Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Claire Saffitz Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Recipe for Sugar-Free Pumpkin Roll
What does it taste like?
Gold Buttercream Frosting has a light and delicate flavor that is sure to please the taste buds. It has a subtle sweetness from powdered sugar, which is balanced out by the creaminess of the butter and cream.
The hint of pure vanilla extract adds an extra layer of flavor, while the gold luster or shimmer gives it an elegant touch. The texture of the frosting is smooth and creamy, with just a hint of sparkle from the gold.
The delicate flavor and soft texture make it perfect for topping off your favorite cakes or cupcakes. Not to mention, it adds a touch of luxury that will make any dessert look even more impressive!
How did I first get introduced to the Gold Buttercream Frosting?
I was first introduced to Gold Buttercream Frosting in my grandmother’s kitchen. She had been baking cakes and cupcakes for as long as I can remember, and she loved adding a touch of sparkle to her desserts.
One day, she decided to make a special cake for the family. As she began to assemble the ingredients for the dessert, she pulled out a small jar of gold luster or shimmer. She said that this was the secret ingredient to making her Gold Buttercream Frosting.
I watched in amazement as she mixed the butter, sugar, cream, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. When it was time for her to add the gold luster or shimmer, I could hardly contain my curiosity. I was amazed by the transformation that it gave to the frosting.
Once the cake was finished, I couldn’t take my eyes off it! The Gold Buttercream Frosting made the dessert look even more luxurious and impressive than before. And when I tasted it, I knew why my grandmother always added this special ingredient—it was truly unforgettable!
Ever since that day, I’ve been determined to make the perfect Gold Buttercream Frosting. Years of practice have finally paid off, and now I can proudly say that my Gold Buttercream Frosting is just as good as my grandmother’s!
I am sure everyone who tries it will love it just as much as I do. So if you want to add a touch of luxury and sparkle to your next dessert, don’t forget to add Gold Buttercream Frosting! It will make your cakes and cupcakes look stylish and taste amazing.
How to make Gold Buttercream Frosting?
Making this Gold Buttercream Frosting is easy and fun! All it takes is a few ingredients & simple steps to bring out the delicious flavors of each ingredient. Follow these step-by-step instructions for perfect results every time.
- Unsalted butter: This kind of butter has no salt added to it. It is an important ingredient for this recipe because it helps give structure to the frosting while cream adds a creamy texture and flavor.
- Finely powdered sugar: This type of sugar is especially important in making buttercream frosting. The fine texture ensures that there is so much grittiness when you bite into your cake or cupcake.
- Gold luster or gold shimmer or gold color: This adds a beautiful sparkle to the frosting making it look even more luxurious and fancy.
- Pure vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract helps add depth of flavor to this buttercream recipe. It is also important in helping make the flavors come together beautifully.
- Fresh cream: The cream in this helps to add a creamy texture and sweetness to the buttercream.
- Table salt: This helps bring out the flavors of each ingredient in the Buttercream Frosting.
In a bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
Gradually add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating constantly until all of the sugar has been added.
Add in the gold luster or shimmer or color and mix until fully incorporated.
Add in the pure vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated.
Gradually add in the cream and mix until fully incorporated.
Finally, add a pinch of table salt to bring out the flavors, and mix until fully incorporated.
Once all ingredients are mixed together, your Gold Buttercream Frosting is ready to use!
– Make sure to sift the powdered sugar before adding it to the buttercream frosting for a smoother texture.
– If you want your frosting to be a bit stiffer, add more powdered sugar and mix until desired consistency is achieved.
– To make the buttercream less sweet, add a little fresh cream or milk.
– You can use any type of gold color or shimmer to give the buttercream a sparkly, luxurious look.
– If you don’t have luster dust, you can use edible gold paint for this.
Gold Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- a bowl
- Gold luster gold shimmer, or gold color, with the same amount as before, meticulously chosen to add a touch of opulence and a radiant golden hue to the final product.
- 2 cups of finely powdered sugar meticulously sifted to achieve a smooth and velvety texture, adding a delicate sweetness to the mixture.
- 2 cups of fresh cream carefully sourced from high-quality dairy, providing a luscious and creamy element to the recipe.
- 2 tablespoons of table salt thoughtfully measured to balance the flavors and enhance the sweetness of the buttercream, ensuring a well-rounded taste.
- 6 drops of pure vanilla extract skillfully derived from the finest vanilla beans, offering a fragrant and aromatic note to enhance the overall flavor profile.
- 2 cups of premium unsalted butter thoughtfully churned and crafted from the finest cream, ensuring a rich and creamy base for the recipe.
- In a bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until it becomes light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating constantly until all of the sugar has been added.
- Add in the gold luster or shimmer or color and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in the pure vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated.
- Gradually add in the cream and mix until fully incorporated.
- Finally, add a pinch of table salt to bring out the flavors, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Once all ingredients are mixed together, your Gold Buttercream Frosting is ready to use!
Calories: 543 kcal
What to serve with Gold Buttercream Frosting?
Gold Buttercream Frosting is incredibly versatile. You can top off your favorite cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and other desserts with it. It’s also great for making cake pops or filling in macarons.
If you want to keep things simple, you can use it as a classic buttercream frosting for your next layer cake. It pairs wonderfully with flavors such as lemon, raspberry, or even chocolate.
You can also use Gold Buttercream Frosting to decorate cakes for special occasions like birthdays and weddings.
The elegant gold color adds a touch of luxury to any cake. It looks especially beautiful when paired with brightly colored flowers or fresh fruit.
How to store leftover Gold Buttercream Frosting?
Leftover Gold Buttercream Frosting should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze it for up to 3 months. When ready to use, thaw and whip with a mixer until creamy.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy Gold Buttercream Frosting! As long as the ingredients are cooked safely, there is no reason why they should not be consumed.
Be sure to keep an eye on your portion size and consume in moderation. Always consult a healthcare professional before consumption.
Is there any difference between Gold Buttercream Frosting and regular buttercream frosting?
Yes, Gold Buttercream Frosting adds a special sparkle that regular buttercream frosting does not have. The gold luster or shimmer helps to bring out all the flavors of the ingredients while making your desserts look even more impressive.
Where can I buy gold luster or shimmer?
You can find edible gold luster or shimmer in most baking stores or online. They usually come in small bottles or jars and are relatively inexpensive.
Can I use Gold Buttercream Frosting for cake pops?
Yes, you can definitely use this frosting for cake pops. The shimmery color makes them look even more luxurious and fancy. Plus, the buttercream will help keep the cake pop moist a,nd delicious!
Here you go! Now you know how to make the most luxurious Gold Buttercream Frosting. With just a few ingredients and easy steps, you can create this beautiful topping that will add sparkle and flavor to all your desserts.
So don’t forget to add Gold Buttercream Frosting to your next cake or cupcake for an extra special treat!
I hope you find this article helpful! Please share this article with your family and friends so they can learn how to make this delicious Gold Buttercream Frosting too. Thank you for reading!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Latest Recipes!
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.