Last Updated on November 17, 2023
Jack Stack Coleslaw is a creamy and tangy version of the classic coleslaw. It’s made with shredded cabbage, minced yellow onion, white sugar, apple cider vinegar, and celery seeds. This recipe is perfect for summer barbecues and cookouts.
If you’re a fan of coleslaw, you’ll love this Jack Stack Coleslaw recipe. It’s creamy, slightly tangy, and full of flavor. Plus, it comes together in just 10 minutes!
In this article, I’ll share step-by-step instructions on how to make Jack Stack Coleslaw. I’ll also provide some tips and variations for the recipe, so you can customize it to your tastes. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is jack stack coleslaw?
Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue is a small chain of barbecue restaurants. It serves Kansas City-style barbecue with a variety of different sauces and sides. One of their signature sides is Jack Stack Coleslaw, which is a creamy and tangy version of the classic coleslaw.
It tastes a little bit sweet, with a hint of tanginess from the apple cider vinegar. The celery seeds add an earthy flavor to the coleslaw and give it a slightly crunchy texture.
What does it taste like?
Jack Stack Coleslaw has a sweet and tangy flavor profile. The white sugar gives it sweetness, while the apple cider vinegar adds a slight acidity. The celery seeds add an earthy flavor and crunchy texture to the coleslaw. Overall, this coleslaw has a creamy texture with a hint of sweetness.
How did I first get introduced to the jack stack coleslaw?
I visited a local Fiorella’s Jack Stack Barbecue with friends and family. When we got our food, I noticed this creamy and tangy side dish on the plate. My curiosity got the best of me, so I asked what it was called.
My server told me it was Jack Stack Coleslaw. She said that it was a signature side dish and that it was really popular. I decided to try it, and I was really glad I did! I loved the creamy texture and slightly sweet flavor of the coleslaw.
At that time, I decided as a recipe developer, it’s my responsibility to learn this recipe and share it with the entire world.
How to make jack stack coleslaw?
Jack stack bbq coleslaw recipe is a simple and quick process. Here are the ingredients and how to do it.
- 1 ½ lb Shredded Cabbage
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 1 tbsp Minced Yellow Onion
- 2 tsp Celery Seeds, Recommended
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar, Recommended
- 1 cup miracle whip
- 1 tbsp Minced Carrot
Step by step instructions
Start by shredding the cabbage in a food processor and then mincing the yellow onion and carrot.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded cabbage with the minced onion and carrot.
In a separate large bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, and miracle whip until completely blended.
Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix together until all of the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
– It is best to use pre-shredded cabbage, as it will save you time and will be the most evenly shredded.
– If you prefer a creamier dressing, replace some of the Miracle Whip with mayonnaise.
– Feel free to add in any other vegetables or seasonings that you wish to flavour your coleslaw.
Jack Stack Coleslaw Recipe
- Food processor
- Mixing Bow
- Cutting Board
- Measuring Cup
- 1 teaspoon of celery seeds infusing the coleslaw with a distinct and slightly nutty essence, adding depth to each bite.
- 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip a creamy and tangy dressing that adds a velvety and smooth texture to the coleslaw, elevating its overall creaminess.
- 1/8 tablespoon or a pinch of apple cider vinegar, bringing a tangy and slightly fruity note to the coleslaw, brightening the flavors and refreshing the palate.
- 12 ounces of shredded cabbage providing a crisp and refreshing element to the dish, adding a satisfying crunch and vibrant texture.
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced carrot enhancing the visual appeal of the coleslaw with its vibrant color and contributing a subtle hint of sweetness to the dish.
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced yellow onion contributing a subtle and aromatic flavor to the coleslaw, enhancing its overall taste.
- 6 tablespoons of white sugar imparting a delicate sweetness that balances the tanginess of the other ingredients, creating a harmonious flavor profile.
- Start by shredding the cabbage in a food processor and then mincing the yellow onion and carrot.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shredded cabbage with the minced onion and carrot.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together apple cider vinegar, sugar, celery seeds, and miracle whip until completely blended.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and mix together until all of the ingredients are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving.
Serving: 1 cup, Calories: 109 kcal, Carbohydrates: 20.9g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 2.6g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g,Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 4 mg, Sodium: 114 mg, Potassium: 129 mg, Fiber: 1.8g, Sugar: 18.9g, Calcium: 35 mg, Iron: 1 mg.
What to serve with jack stack coleslaw?
Jack stack coleslaw is a great side dish for almost any meal. It pairs well with grilled or smoked meats, fish, and poultry. It can also be served with burgers, sandwiches, tacos, and more! Additionally, it makes a great topping for salads as well.
How to store leftover jack stack coleslaw?
You can store leftover coleslaw in an airtight container or resealable bag and place it in the refrigerator. The dressing will begin to separate after a few days, so it is best to use it within 2-3 days of making it.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, jack stack coleslaw is safe to eat while pregnant. But before consuming, it’s crucial to make sure that every component has been thoroughly cooked and rinsed. Also, due to the possibility of salmonella contamination, some items, such as Miracle Whip or mayonnaise, may contain raw eggs and should be avoided by pregnant mothers.
Is jack stack coleslaw gluten-free?
Yes, jack stack coleslaw is naturally gluten-free as none of the ingredients contains wheat or gluten products.
Is jack stack coleslaw vegetarian?
Yes, jack stack coleslaw is naturally vegetarian as none of the ingredients contain any animal products.
Jack stack coleslaw is an easy and delicious side dish that can be enjoyed by everyone. It’s perfect for potlucks, picnics, barbecues, or just a simple weeknight meal. The combination of sweet and tangy flavours makes this coleslaw irresistible. Plus, it’s easy to customise with your favourite mix-ins and veggies!
So, try this recipe for jack stack coleslaw today to enjoy the taste of summer all year long. I hope this recipe was useful to you. Please leave a remark and share this with your close ones.