Last Updated on September 11, 2023
If you’re looking for a classic French dessert, Beth’s foolproof macarons are the perfect treat. These sweet snacks and appetizers are a global favorite and can be found in shops and cafes around the world.
This recipe is sure to impress your friends with its delicious flavor and texture, so why not give it a try? With the right ingredients, you’ll be creating delectable macarons in no time!
In this article, we’ll provide you with an easy-to-follow recipe, as well as some helpful tips and tricks for making the perfect macarons. We’ll also answer common questions about the ingredients and nutrition information. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Beth’s Foolproof Macarons?
Beth’s foolproof macaron recipe is a classic French dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. This delicious treat features light and delicate meringue shells filled with sweet cream, fresh berries, or other ingredients.
The main ingredients in the recipe include confectioners’ sugar, salted butter, white sugar, powdered sugar, egg whites, salt, cream of tartar, fresh raspberries (drained and crushed), and almond flour.
These components are carefully combined to create a light and airy texture with an irresistible flavor. The macarons can be served as an appetizer, dessert, or snack – it’s up to you!
What does it taste like?
Beth’s foolproof macarons taste like sweet and airy clouds, with a hint of almond from the almond flour. The meringue shells are lightly crisp on the outside, yet still soft in the middle.
Combining fresh raspberries adds sweetness and flavor to these delicate treats, making them even more irresistible! The texture and flavors are truly unique and will make any occasion an extra special experience.
You Might Also Like These Desserts Recipes!
- Bordeaux Cookie Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Golden Corral Bread Pudding Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for Insomnia Cookies
How did I first get introduced to Beth’s Foolproof Macarons?
I was first introduced to Beth’s foolproof macarons on Youtube. I started watching a series of videos by a French baker and she shared her easy macaron recipe. After trying the recipe myself, I was amazed at how quickly and easily I could make these delicious treats.
Not only were they simple to make, but they were also incredibly flavorful. From that moment on, Beth’s foolproof macarons have been one of my favorite desserts to make!
How to make Beth’s Foolproof Macarons?
Making Beth’s foolproof macarons is easy and requires just a few simple steps. Here are the following ingredients & step-by-step instructions for this recipe:
- Confectioners’ sugar: For a light and airy texture, use confectioners’ sugar in the recipe.
- Salted Butter: Salted butter provides additional flavor to the macarons and helps bind them together.
- White Sugar: White sugar is optional but it can give the macarons a nice sweet taste when combined with other ingredients in the recipe.
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar helps to create a smoother texture and helps to bind the ingredients together.
- Egg Whites: Egg whites provide structure to the macarons, making them fluffy and light.
- Salt: A pinch of salt enhances the flavor of the macarons.
- Cream of Tartar: Cream of tartar helps to stabilize the egg whites and provides a light and airy texture.
- Fresh Raspberries (Drained and Crushed): Fresh raspberries add sweetness and flavor to the macarons.
- Almond Flour: Almond flour is essential for the perfect macaron recipe, as it provides structure and flavor.
Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat mat and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the confectioners’ sugar and salted butter until fully incorporated. Add in the white sugar and powdered sugar, and mix on low speed until the ingredients are combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually add in the cream of tartar while continuing to whisk.
Slowly fold the meringue mixture into the confectioners’ sugar mixture.
Gently fold in the crushed raspberries and almond flour until fully incorporated.
Scoop the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 1 inch between each macaron.
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden on top and crisp on the bottom. Allow to cool before removing from the baking sheet.
-For best results, use fresh ingredients. If your raspberries are frozen or canned, make sure to drain and crush them before adding it to the mix.
-Be careful not to overmix the batter as this can cause it to become too runny.
-Allow the macarons to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet.
-Add a teaspoon of your favorite extracts like almond or vanilla for a different flavor twist.
If you find that your macarons are too sweet, try adding a pinch of salt to balance out the sweetness.
Beth’s Foolproof Macarons Recipe
- Mixing spoon
- baking dish
- 5 Egg whites
- 3 cups Confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Salted butter
- 1/2 tsp Cream of tartar
- 2 cups mixed berries, frozen (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) drained and crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C), placing a sheet of parchment paper or a Silpat mat on the baking tray ready for use.
- Using your stand mixer, mix together the confectioners’ sugar and salted butter until completely amalgamated. Now add in the white sugar and powdered sugar, blending on a low speed to combine all ingredients.
- Take another bowl and whisk together egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form. Gradually incorporate cream of tartar as you continue to whisk.
- Carefully fold the meringue mixture into the sugar mixture.
- Gently blend in the crushed raspberries and almond flour until fully incorporated.
- Scoop generous spoonfuls of batter onto your lined baking tray, leaving a 1-inch gap between each macaron.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is lightly golden and the bottom crisp. Then let cool before removing it from the baking sheet.
- Serve your macarons as they are, sprinkle them with some extra sugar if desired, add a drizzle of melted chocolate or fill them with some delicious buttercream to make them even more special.
What to serve with Beth’s Foolproof Macarons?
Beth’s foolproof macarons can be served with a variety of accompaniments. Here are some ideas: Fresh fruit – Sweet and juicy raspberries, blueberries, or sliced strawberries pair nicely with Beth’s macarons.
- Vanilla ice cream – Vanilla ice cream is the perfect creamy contrast to the crunchy macaron shells.
- Whipped cream – Rich and creamy, whipped cream complements the sweetness of the macarons.
- Chocolate sauce – Drizzle some melted chocolate over your macarons for a decadent treat.
- Lemon curd – Lemon curd is tart and tangy, contrasting the sweetness of the macarons.
- Fruit preserves – Sweet and sticky fruit preserves like raspberry or strawberry make a delicious topping for Beth’s foolproof macarons.
- Minty cream cheese frosting – Creamy and minty, this is a refreshing accompaniment to Beth’s macarons.
How to store leftover Beth’s Foolproof Macarons?
Beth’s foolproof macarons can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. To maintain freshness, place them on a piece of wax paper or parchment paper before storing them. They can also be frozen for up to three months if stored properly.
Place each macaron individually on a tray or plate, wrap them in plastic wrap, and store them in a freezer-safe container. When you’re ready to serve them, allow the macarons to thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely eat Beth’s foolproof macarons. It is important to note that all ingredients used in the recipe are pasteurized and should not contain any harmful bacteria.
However, it is always recommended to consult with a healthcare professional before consuming any foods during pregnancy.
Can I make these macarons vegan-friendly?
Yes, it is possible to make Beth’s foolproof macarons vegan-friendly. To do this, replace the egg whites with aquafaba (the liquid from canned chickpeas), and use a vegan butter/margarine in place of salted butter.
Additionally, make sure that all other ingredients used are also suitable for vegans.
Can I substitute the raspberries for another fruit?
Absolutely! You can use any type of berry or other soft fruit that you prefer in place of the raspberries. Just drain and crush them before adding them to the mix.
Additionally, feel free to add a teaspoon of your favorite extracts like almond or vanilla to enhance the flavor.
Can these macarons be made gluten-free?
Yes, Beth’s foolproof macarons can be made gluten-free. To do so, simply substitute the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in the same quantity and follow the recipe as instructed.
You may also need to adjust the amount of liquid accordingly for best results. Additionally, double-check that all of the other ingredients you are using are certified gluten-free.
Beth’s foolproof macarons are an easy and delicious treat that can be enjoyed by everyone! With a few modifications, they can be made vegan-friendly, gluten-free, or to suit any other dietary needs.
Serve them with fresh fruit, ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, lemon curd, or preserves for the perfect sweet treat. Follow the recipe for the best results, and enjoy it with friends and family!
Thank you for reading this article. We hope you enjoyed them as much as we do!
Please share this article with anyone who loves a sweet treat.