Last Updated on November 25, 2023
Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese is a creamy, luxurious comfort food dish made with lobster tails, cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, parmesan cheese and elbow macaroni.
It is a delicious twist on traditional macaroni and cheese that will have your taste buds begging for more. This classic seafood dish has been a staple at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouses for many years. The combination of flavours makes it an unforgettable meal that can be enjoyed any time of year.
In this article, we will share the copycat of Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese recipe, how to make it, and what to serve with it. We’ll also provide tips for storing leftovers, answer FAQs about the dish and provide nutrition information. Let’s get started!
What is Ruth’s chris lobster mac and cheese?
As mentioned above, lobster mac and cheese ruth chris is a decadent dish combining succulent lobster and creamy cheese sauce. The dish is made with cooked lobster tails, cheddar cheese, gruyere cheese, parmesan cheese, and elbow macaroni.
It’s then finished off with butter, flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg for an extra layer of flavor. This indulgent dish is sure to be a hit at any dinner table!
What does it taste like?
Ruth chris lobster mac and cheese is a rich, creamy dish. The parmesan cheese adds a nutty flavor while the cheddar and gruyere cheeses add sharpness and creaminess.
The lobster tails provide a unique seafood flavor that pairs perfectly with the cheesy sauce. The garlic powder, salt, pepper and optional seasonings all come together to create an unforgettable flavor combination. This is truly an indulgent comfort food dish!
How was I first introduced to Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese?
I was first introduced to this delicious seafood dish at Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse. I was instantly hooked on the flavour and texture of this creamy macaroni and cheese dish. And then I decided to try to recreate the same dish at home.
After some trial and error, I finally made a copycat version of Ruth chris steakhouse mac and cheese. The result? A delicious combination of tender lobster tails, creamy cheese sauce, and perfectly cooked elbow macaroni.
You can also checkout the following side dish Recipe :
- How to Make Buffalo Wild Wings Fries
- Dirty Rice Recipe for Pappadeaux
- Potato Salad Recipe with Juan Pollo
How to make Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese?
Making Ruth chris lobster mac and cheese recipe is easy! All you need to do is follow our recipe. Anyone can make this dish easily by following our recipe.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Grated Parmesan cheese adds a savory and salty kick to the mac and cheese, contributing a rich umami flavor. It also enhances the overall cheesy profile of the dish.
- Lobster Tails, Pre-chopped and Cooked: Lobster tails provide a luxurious and indulgent addition to the mac and cheese, offering sweet and succulent seafood flavor. They elevate the dish to a gourmet level.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is used to make a roux, a thickening agent that helps create a creamy and smooth cheese sauce. It adds body and consistency to the mac and cheese.
- Plain Butter: Butter is a key component in the roux, contributing richness and flavor to the cheese sauce. It also helps create a velvety texture in the final dish.
- Whole Milk: Whole milk is combined with the roux to make the cheese sauce. It adds creaminess and a silky texture, ensuring the mac and cheese is luscious and satisfying.
- Shredded Gruyere Cheese: Gruyere cheese has a nutty and slightly sweet flavor. When shredded and melted, it adds depth and complexity to the cheese sauce, enhancing the overall taste.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: Cheddar cheese brings a sharp and tangy flavor to the mac and cheese, contributing to the classic cheesy taste that is both creamy and robust.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic powder adds a subtle garlic flavor to the dish, enhancing the savory profile without overpowering the cheese. It provides a well-rounded and aromatic element.
- Elbow Macaroni (Pre-cooked to Package Instructions): Elbow macaroni serves as the pasta component, providing the classic shape for mac and cheese. Pre-cooking ensures the pasta is tender and ready for the cheese sauce.
- Salt: Salt is an essential seasoning that enhances the overall flavor of the dish, bringing out the savory notes in the cheeses and other ingredients.
- Pepper (to taste): Pepper adds a touch of heat and a contrasting flavor, balancing the richness of the cheese and complementing the other seasonings.
- Optional Seasonings: Nutmeg and Mustard Powder: Nutmeg adds a warm and aromatic note, while mustard powder contributes a subtle tangy flavor. These optional seasonings provide additional layers of complexity to the mac and cheese, enhancing its overall taste.
Directions for ruth chris mac and cheese recipe
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, whisk in flour until lightly browned and bubbly. Slowly pour in the milk, stirring continuously until thickened and smooth. Mix all three cheeses and seasonings (optional) until melted and combined.
In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, lobster tails and cheese sauce. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish or an oven-safe skillet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve warm.
– For added flavour and texture, top the mac and cheese with toasted panko bread crumbs.
– Add some diced jalapenos or your favourite hot sauce if you want a spicier mac and cheese.
– If you can’t access lobster tails, use cooked shrimp or crab meat as an alternative.
– To freeze, cool the mac and cheese completely before transferring to a freezer-safe container and storing it for up to three months.
Ruth’s chris lobster mac and cheese recipe
- 1 Skillet
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese delivering a sharp and tangy taste that melts beautifully into the sauce, creating a gooey and cheesy delight.
- 1/4 cup of shredded Gruyere cheese lending a nutty and slightly sweet flavor that complements the lobster and adds complexity to the dish.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder enhancing the savory flavors and adding a hint of aromatic garlic to the dish.
- 1.5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour acting as a thickening agent to create a velvety and creamy sauce.
- 1/4 pound of elbow macaroni pre-cooked to package instructions, providing the classic pasta base for the mac and cheese, ensuring a satisfying and comforting bite.
- 1/4 stick of plain butter imparting richness and adding a smooth and decadent texture to the sauce.
- 1 lobster tail pre-chopped and cooked, offering succulent and tender pieces of lobster meat, elevating the dish to a luxurious and indulgent level.
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese providing a tangy and nutty flavor that adds depth to the cheesy sauce.
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt seasoning the dish and enhancing the flavors of the cheese and lobster.
- Pepper to taste, adding a touch of heat and balancing the flavors with a mild spiciness.
- 1 cup of whole milk creating the base for a creamy and luscious sauce that coats the macaroni and lobster.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Once melted, whisk in flour until lightly browned and bubbly. Slowly pour in the milk, stirring continuously until thickened and smooth. Mix all three cheeses and seasonings (optional) until melted and combined.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked macaroni, lobster tails and cheese sauce. Mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8×8 baking dish or an oven-safe skillet and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly. Serve warm.
Protein: 30gFat: 31g
What to serve with Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese?
The lobster mac and cheese pairs well with a variety of side dishes. For a complete meal, try serving it with steamed vegetables, a side salad, or roasted potatoes. For an extra indulgent treat, serve the dish alongside grilled or sautéed shrimp.
How to store leftover Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese?
Leftover mac and cheese can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. When ready to eat, simply reheat on the stove or in the microwave for a few minutes until heated through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely enjoy lobster mac and cheese as long as it is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F. However, it is recommended that pregnant women avoid eating raw or undercooked lobster due to the risk of foodborne illness.
What type of cheese is used in this dish?
This recipe calls for a combination of parmesan, gruyere and cheddar cheeses. You can also use your favorite cheese blend or any other type of cheese you’d like to add more flavor.
Is this recipe suitable for vegetarians?
No, this recipe is not suitable for vegetarians as it contains lobster tails. However, you can use cooked shrimp or crab meat as an alternative if desired.
Is there a way to make this dish less rich and creamy?
Yes, you can reduce the amount of cheese used in the sauce or substitute some of the milk for low-fat milk or cream for a lighter version. You can also use reduced-fat cheeses if desired. For added flavor and texture, consider topping the mac and cheese with toasted panko bread crumbs.
Ruth’s Chris lobster mac and cheese is a delicious dish that will surely be a hit with family and friends. It combines tender lobster tails, creamy cheese sauce and macaroni for a comforting meal.
With just a few simple steps and ingredients, this dish can be prepared quickly and will leave everyone asking for seconds.
Give it a try today! and give us your feedback. Please share with us your personal modifications and additions, if any. We’ll be happy to hear them!