Last Updated on November 21, 2023
Whenever you miss a drink at your breakfast, you can always make the Breakfast Shot, a delicious mix of Irish whiskey, maple syrup, butterscotch schnapps, and orange juice! This shot is perfect for those seeking a boozy start to their morning. It’s sweet, boozy, and smooth.
Plus, it can be whipped up in just a few minutes. You will love the combination of flavors and how it makes you feel.
So, if you want to make this drink at home, you must need the recipe. For that, you can check out the article below to learn everything about this drink.
Table of Contents
What is Breakfast Shot?
Breakfast shot is an alcoholic beverage made with Irish whiskey, maple syrup, butterscotch schnapps, and orange juice. It’s a delicious way to start off your day! This drink has sweet and boozy notes that make it the perfect addition to your morning meal.
What does it taste like?
Breakfast Shot is a sweet and boozy beverage with hints of whiskey, maple syrup, and butterscotch schnapps. The orange juice gives it a refreshing twist that makes it enjoyable for everyone. It’s an ideal drink to enjoy before starting your day.
How did I first get introduced to the Breakfast Shot?
I first got introduced to the breakfast shot when I saw it on a menu at a local bar. I was intrigued by the combination of flavors and decided to give it a try. After trying it, I instantly fell in love with this drink. It was sweet, boozy, and had a great balance of flavors that made it enjoyable for everyone.
How do you make a Breakfast Shot?
You can easily make a Breakfast shot by combining several simple ingredients. To make a Breakfast Shot, you will need:
For the first shot
- 1/2 oz Irish whiskey
- 1/2 oz maple syrup
- 1/2 oz butterscotch schnapps
For the second shot
- 1 1/2 oz orange juice
For the garnish
- 1 slice bacon
Fill a shot glass about half full with Irish whiskey.
Add the maple syrup and butterscotch schnapps to the shot glass, filling it almost to the top.
Fill a second shot glass about halfway full with orange juice.
Place one slice of bacon on the rim of each shot glass.
Place both shot glasses side-by-side on a serving tray and serve immediately.
• For an added flavor, try adding a few drops of vanilla extract to the Irish whiskey shot before you add the other ingredients.
• Substitute your favorite type of whiskey for the Irish whiskey, if desired.
• Try other flavored schnapps, like hazelnut or cinnamon, for a different taste.
Breakfast Shot Recipe
- 1 Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Shot glass
- 1 Cocktail jigger
- 1/4 ounce of indulgent and velvety butterscotch schnapps infusing your drink with a creamy and buttery undertone.
- 1/2 slice of savory and crispy bacon adjust to your preference, offering a unique and smoky twist to your cocktail.
- 1/4 ounce of luscious and sweet maple syrup providing a delightful natural sweetness and a hint of caramel-like flavor.
- 3/4 ounce of zesty and refreshing orange juice balancing the flavors with a bright and citrusy note.
- 1/4 ounce of smooth and robust Irish whiskey adding a rich and distinctive whiskey flavor to your cocktail.
- Fill a shot glass about half full with Irish whiskey.
- Add the maple syrup and butterscotch schnapps to the shot glass, filling it almost to the top.
- Fill a second shot glass about halfway full with orange juice.
- Place one slice of bacon on the rim of each shot glass.
- Place both shot glasses side-by-side on a serving tray and serve immediately.
The breakfast shot contains approximately 255 calories per serving, with 10 grams of sugar and 24 grams of alcohol. The nutritional information may vary depending on the ingredients used.
What to serve with Breakfast Shot?
Since Breakfast shot is a very sweet drink, it pairs well with savory foods. Try serving it with scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast for a full breakfast experience. Alternatively, you could serve it with French toast or pancakes for a more indulgent treat.
How to store leftover Breakfast Shot?
This is a very small drink, so it’s best to consume it right away. If you have any leftover Breakfast shots, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can pregnant women eat this?
No, pregnant women should not consume alcoholic beverages. The alcohol content in the Breakfast Shot is too high for a developing fetus, so it should not be consumed by pregnant women.
How much alcohol is in a Breakfast Shot?
A single shot contains approximately 24 grams of alcohol.
Can I make the Breakfast Shot without alcohol?
Yes, you can simply omit the whiskey and schnapps to make a non-alcoholic version.
Can I make a bigger batch of Breakfast Shots?
Absolutely! Simply adjust the ingredients accordingly to make a larger quantity.
The Breakfast Shot is an easy way to start your day with a sweet and boozy treat. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up this delicious shot in no time. Whether you’re looking for something to accompany your breakfast or an after-dinner drink, the Breakfast shot is sure to be a hit!
Also, let us know how you liked this recipe by leaving a rating and review below. We’d love to hear from you! Thank you for your time.