Last Updated on November 17, 2023
Dino’s Chicken is a family-owned restaurant that has been serving delicious Southern California-style cuisine since the middle of the last century.
Founded by Demetrios Pantazis, Dino’s Famous Chicken offers a variety of dishes, from classic burgers to chicken paella and even sneaky little dinos!
Their signature dish is the legendary chicken and fries plate, which has kept customers returning for more since its creation.
In this article, we’ll share the Dinos chicken recipe with you so you can make this delicious dish at home. So, without further ado, let’s get started!
What is Dino’s chicken?
As mentioned above, Dino’s chicken is a legendary dish that has been passed down through generations of the Pantazis family. The dish consists of grilled chicken marinated in a secret sauce, giving it an unforgettable flavor.
The signature dish at Dino’s is their famous chicken and fries plate, which includes pollo maniaco (chicken breast patty fritters with rib meat) as well as crispy fries. The secret sauce used on the chicken is what makes it so flavorful, as it’s made with a blend of peppers, garlic, parsley, smoked paprika and even some extra virgin olive oil.
What does it taste like?
Dinos Chicken has an amazing combination of flavours from the marinade ingredients. It has a strong citrusy aroma from the lemons and limes and a smoky flavour from the smoked paprika.
The Serrano chilli peppers give it a slight spiciness and the garlic adds an extra layer of flavour. The result is a tasty, savoury roasted chicken with many complex flavours.
How did I first get introduced to Dino’s Chicken?
I visited Dino’s Famous chicken for the first time in 2015 when I was visiting Los Angeles. The restaurant has been around since the 1950s, and it had a welcoming atmosphere with old-school decor.
I was instantly drawn to their signature dish – the chicken and fries plate! After one bite of their delicious marinated chicken, I could see why they have kept customers coming back for more.
I’m so glad I got the chance to try Dino’s Authentic Chicken because it is truly a delicious dish that everyone should experience!
How to make Dinos Chicken?
Making Dinos Chicken is relatively straightforward and simple. Anyone can make it with the right ingredients and instructions. To start, you’ll need to gather some ingredients and have to follow our dino’s chicken marinade recipe.
Ingredients for dino’s famous chicken recipe
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Peeled
- 1 Red Pepper, Seeded And Roughly Chopped
- 3 Serrano Chili Peppers
- 1 cup Fresh Parsley
- Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 (1000 Grams) Bell & Evans Whole Chickens
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Lime, Juiced And Zested
- 2 Lemons, Juiced And Zested
Step by step instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a blender, combine the lemon juice and zest, lime juice and zest, garlic cloves, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Serrano chilli peppers, red pepper and parsley. Blend until smooth.
Pour the mixture over the chicken in a large bowl and make sure to coat it evenly. Season with smoked paprika, black pepper and kosher salt.
Place the chicken onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper then add any remaining marinade from the bowl on top of the chicken.
Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until completely cooked through. Chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit when tested with a meat thermometer.
Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes before serving.
• You can marinate the chicken overnight in the refrigerator if you have time. This will deepen the flavour and make it even juicier and more flavorful.
• If you’d like to reduce some of the spice from the Serrano peppers, you can remove their seeds prior to blending them into the marinade.
Dinos Chicken Recipe
- Cutting Board
- Ziplock Bag
- Measuring Cup
- measuring spoon
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika – Infusing a smoky and robust flavor giving the dish a tantalizing depth.
- 1 Lemon Juiced and Zested – Offering a zesty and tangy flavor that complements the other ingredients, adding a burst of tartness to the dish.
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley – Offering a burst of freshness and a hint of earthiness to balance the flavors.
- 1/2 Lime Juiced and Zested – Infusing a refreshing and citrusy tang, brightening up the dish with its vibrant acidity.
- Ground Black Pepper to taste – Providing a subtle hint of warmth and a touch of spiciness to elevate the dish.
- 2.5 cloves of Garlic Peeled – Infusing the dish with a delightful pungent aroma and adding depth of flavor.
- 1 Bell & Evans Whole Chicken approximately 1000 grams – Serving as the star of the dish, providing tender and juicy meat with a rich and savory flavor.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Adding a luscious and silky texture to the dish while imparting a fruity undertone.
- 1/2 Red Pepper – Providing a vibrant pop of color and a subtle sweetness to the dish.
- Kosher Salt to taste – Enhancing the overall taste and bringing out the natural flavors of the ingredients.
- 1.5 Serrano Chili Peppers Seeded and roughly chopped – Adding a fiery kick and a touch of heat to awaken the taste buds.
- 1/8 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar – Introducing a tangy and slightly acidic note balancing the richness of the other flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice and zest, lime juice and zest, garlic cloves, olive oil, red wine vinegar, Serrano chilli peppers, red pepper and parsley. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken in a large bowl and make sure to coat it evenly. Season with smoked paprika, black pepper and kosher salt.
- Place the chicken onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper then add any remaining marinade from the bowl on top of the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until completely cooked through. Chicken should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Let the chicken cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information for dino’s chicken recipe
Saturated Fat: 9.9g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Serving: 200 grams
Calories: 556 kcal
What to serve with Dinos Chicken?
Dinos Chicken can be served with various sides, such as roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, cooked rice or quinoa. It also pairs well with fresh vegetables like salad greens and sautéed bell peppers.
How to store leftover Dinos Chicken?
Once cooled, wrap the leftovers in parchment paper, an airtight container or plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to four days. To reheat, place in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes! When prepared and cooked properly, the dish is safe for pregnant mothers. Before utilising any ingredients, just ensure they are all clean and clear of any potential pollutants.
What type of chilli peppers should be used for the marinade?
Serrano chilli peppers are recommended for this dish, but you can also use jalapeno or habanero peppers if desired.
Can I use frozen chicken breasts instead of whole chicken?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken breasts but you will need to reduce the cooking time by about 25%. Make sure that the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming.
Dinos Chicken is an easy and flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion! You can make it with just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of preparation if you follow our step-by-step instructions.
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish! Let us know how it turns out in the comments below.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Popular Mr Pickles Garlic Sauce Recipe
- The Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Smoked turkey tails recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.