Last Updated on March 14, 2023
Franco-American Macaroni and Cheese is a classic comfort food that everyone loves! This easy, cheesy, and creamy dish will surely have your family asking for seconds. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover macaroni noodles you might have on hand. Plus, it’s a cinch to make and is super kid-friendly!
In this article, I’ll share with you the way I make my Franco-American Macaroni and Cheese. I’ve been making this recipe for years and it never fails to please—trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
What is Franco american macaroni and cheese?
Campbell Soup Company’s brand, Franco-American, is a successful food company founded by Alphonse Biardot. It specializes in canned soups and pasta dishes. In 1915, it was acquired by Campbell’s.
One of their most successful products is the canned Franco-American Macaroni and Cheese. This quick and easy meal requires just four ingredients – Bucatini Spaghetti, Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup, Whole Milk, and Butter.
Kitchen equipment needed to prepare this dish includes a pot or pan for boiling the noodles, a bowl for mixing the ingredients together, and a baking dish for baking the macaroni and cheese in the oven.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy tasty homemade Franco American Macaroni and Cheese in no time!
What does it taste like?
The creamy cheese sauce and al dente bucatini noodles make this macaroni and cheese dish so creamy and delicious. The overall flavor is full of cheesy goodness with a hint of buttery richness that ties everything together perfectly.
How did I first get introduced to Franco American macaroni and cheese?
I was first introduced to Franco American Macaroni and Cheese when I was a kid. My mom would make it for us as a quick and easy meal that everyone always enjoyed. I still remember how comforting and delicious it tasted—it’s definitely one of my all-time favorite meals!
How to make Franco american macaroni and cheese?
Making Franco American macaroni and cheese is easy! All you need to do is cook the bucatini according to our directions, combine the cheese soup with whole milk and butter, and bake in the oven until golden brown.
- 1 ½ cup Horizon Organic Whole Milk
- 1 lb PrimoGrano Bucatini Pasta (Fat spaghetti with a hole down the centre)
- ¼ cup unsalted Butter,
- 2 (10.75 Can) Campbell’s Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta.
Cook the bucatini according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium saucepan, combine condensed cheese soup, milk and butter over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until the mixture is heated through and bubbling around the edges (about 10 minutes).
Stir in cooked bucatini noodles until evenly combined.
Transfer the noodle mixture into a 9×13” baking dish that has been lightly greased with non-stick cooking spray.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
• To give the franco American macaroni and cheese an added layer of flavor, try adding some diced jalapenos to the mix.
• This dish can easily be made ahead of time, stored in the refrigerator and reheated in the oven when you are ready to serve it.
• If you like a little crunch on top of your macaroni and cheese, try sprinkling some panko bread crumbs on top prior to baking.
Franco American Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
- Pot, Pan
- mixing bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Serving Bowl Or Plate
- 1 ½ cup Horizon Organic Whole Milk
- 1 lb PrimoGrano Bucatini Pasta Fat spaghetti with a hole down the centre
- ¼ cup unsalted Butter
- 2 10.75 Can Campbell’s Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta.
- Cook the bucatini according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine condensed cheese soup, milk and butter over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until the mixture is heated through and bubbling around the edges (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in cooked bucatini noodles until evenly combined.
- Transfer the noodle mixture into a 9×13” baking dish that has been lightly greased with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the top is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
Serving: 1 cup
Calories: 336 kcal
Saturated Fat: 5.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0g
Trans Fat: 0g
Potassium: 23 mg
What to serve with franco American macaroni and cheese?
Franco-American macaroni and cheese can be served as a main course or an accompaniment to any meal. If you serve it as a side dish, pair it with roasted vegetables or grilled meats such as chicken or steak. You can also serve this in combination with salads for a full meal.
How to store leftover franco american macaroni and cheese?
You can store leftover Franco American macaroni and cheese in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat, simply place the container in the microwave and heat on high until warm throughout.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely enjoy Franco-American macaroni and cheese provided that all ingredients are cooked properly and the dish is not left out of the refrigerator for too long.
How can I make this dish even creamier?
To give your macaroni and cheese an extra creamy texture, try stirring in a few tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan or Asiago cheese into the noodle mixture prior to baking.
What other ingredients could I add to this recipe?
Add some diced bell peppers, onions or garlic to give the dish more flavor. You could also stir some diced ham or bacon bits for protein and crunch.
Franco-American macaroni and cheese is a classic comfort food that is always a hit. It’s easy to make and packed with savory flavors that will have the whole family coming back for more.
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or a hearty side dish to serve at your next potluck, this easy macaroni and cheese are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Give this classic dish a try today and let us know what you think!
Please share your experience in the comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts! Happy Cooking!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Smoked turkey tails recipe
- Authentic Hello Fresh Tex Mex Paste Recipe
- Souplantation Mac And Cheese Recipe
My name is Lori Walker. I’m a registered dietician and food enthusiast. I share easy healthy recipes on my blog and review necessary kitchen items. The recipes I share take less… Read more