Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Did you ever try the delicious Korean Bulgogi Sauce? You should. It is very popular in Korea and now it’s making its way into many international cuisines as well. The Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce is a perfect example of this dynamic sauce that adds a great flavor to any dish it accompanies.
You will love the tangy and savory taste of this Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce. It has a very distinct flavor that is hard to find in any other sauce.
In this article, we will discuss what the Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce recipe, how to make it, and some tips on what to serve with it. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce?
HelloFresh is a Berlin, Germany-based meal kit company that is publicly traded and is the largest meal-kit provider in the United States. They shared their own Bulgogi sauce recipe which is made up of a few simple ingredients that combine to create a tangy and savory flavor.
The main ingredients used in this sauce are soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, sugar, chili paste, ginger, and a touch of rice vinegar. This combination produces an intensely flavorful and versatile Korean-style sauce.
What does it taste like?
The Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce has a savory and slightly sweet flavor with hints of garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes. It is not overly spicy but still packs quite a bit of flavor in each bite. Besides, it’s a great sauce for marinating meats and vegetables as well.
How did I first get introduced to the Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce?
I was first introduced to this delicious Korean-style sauce when I had dinner at a Korean restaurant in San Francisco. The chef used it extensively in all his dishes, and it really added that unique flavor to all of them.
I was hooked and had to find out how to make it myself! That’s when I stumbled upon the recipe for Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce and my life has never been the same since!
How to make Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce?
Making the Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce is simple and easy. You can follow the below instructional ingredient list.
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gochujang Korean fermented chili paste
- 1 tablespoon honey or use brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 spicy red pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- Black pepper
Peel and mince the garlic, ginger and red pepper.
In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with additional rice wine vinegar, honey, or gochujang paste.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
• Add more honey or brown sugar if you like your sauce a bit sweeter.
• Use fresh ingredients whenever possible.
• Don’t skimp on gochujang paste, it adds depth and complexity of flavors.
• You can adjust the spiciness of the sauce by adding more or less red pepper flakes.
• If you don’t have gochujang paste, use chili garlic sauce instead.
Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce Recipe
- I peeler
- 1 Blender
- 1 tablespoon of gochujang a Korean fermented chili paste that adds a spicy and tangy kick to the recipe, creating a complex and robust flavor profile with a hint of sweetness.
- 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes intensifies the spiciness of the dish, creating a fiery and mouthwatering heat that adds a sizzling and memorable element to the overall flavor profile.
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil a fragrant and nutty oil that imparts a distinct flavor and aroma to the dish, creating a rich and toasty undertone that enhances the overall taste experience.
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce a savory and umami-rich ingredient that adds depth and complexity to the dish, infusing it with a bold and savory flavor profile.
- Black pepper to taste, adds a subtle heat and depth to the dish, enhancing the overall flavor profile with its earthy and aromatic qualities, while also allowing for personal customization to suit individual preferences.
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey or brown sugar a natural sweetener that balances the heat of the dish, adding a subtle touch of sweetness that rounds out the flavors and brings harmony to the overall taste.
- 1.5 cloves of garlic finely minced, releases its pungent and aromatic flavors when cooked, providing a strong and savory base note that enhances the overall depth and richness of the dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger grated, brings a zesty and aromatic note to the recipe, adding a touch of warmth and a refreshing hint of citrus-like flavor that enhances the overall taste.
- 1/2 spicy red pepper thinly sliced, adds a fiery and vibrant kick to the recipe, infusing it with a bold and invigorating heat that tantalizes the taste buds.
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar adds a tangy and slightly sweet note to the recipe, balancing the flavors and bringing a refreshing and acidic touch that brightens the dish.
- Peel and mince the garlic, ginger and red pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as desired with additional rice wine vinegar, honey, or gochujang paste.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Serving size: 2 tablespoons of the Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce. Calories: 40 calories; Total Fat: 4 g; Carbohydrates: 1 g; Protein: 0.6 g; Sodium: 470 mg
What to serve with Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce?
The Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce goes great with anything from stir-fried veggies, noodles and rice, to grilled meats and seafood. It also works as a marinade for chicken, pork, and beef. Besides, it can also be used as a dipping sauce for spring rolls and vegetables.
How to store Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce?
You can store Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. You can also freeze the sauce for up to 3 months. Also, make sure to label the container with the date of preparation.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely consume Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce as long as they limit their intake to 1-2 portions per day and ensure that all ingredients are fresh and properly cooked. Indeed, this sauce contains garlic and red pepper flakes, both of which are known to have anti-bacterial properties that can help fight against any potential food-borne illnesses.
Can I substitute sesame oil for olive oil?
Yes, you can use olive oil as a substitute for sesame oil.
Does Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce contain gluten?
No, the sauce does not contain any gluten-containing ingredients.
Is Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce spicy?
Yes, the sauce does contain a bit of spice from the red pepper flakes. However, you can adjust the spiciness to your liking by adding more or less red pepper flakes.
Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce is a delicious and easy-to-make Korean condiment. The sauce is made with a blend of soy sauce, gochujang paste, ginger, sesame oil, honey or brown sugar, red pepper flakes, garlic, and rice wine vinegar.
This flavorful sauce goes great with anything from stir-fried veggies to grilled meats and seafood. It also works as a marinade for chicken, pork, and beef. Plus, this sauce is gluten-free and provides a good source of vitamin A, iron, and calcium.
Please share this recipe with your friends and enjoy your own homemade version of Hellofresh Bulgogi Sauce!