Last Updated on November 5, 2023
Are you looking for a new way to celebrate the summer? With Henton’s Potato Salad, you can enjoy a delicious and easy dish that will impress your family, friends, and neighbors.
This scrumptious potato salad is creamy, tangy, and full of flavor! It’s the perfect side dish for any summer barbecue or picnic.
Do you want to try this at home? Read on to learn how to make Henton’s Potato Salad in just a few easy steps. So don’t wait any longer – grab the ingredients and let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Henton’s Potato Salad?
Henton’s Potato Salad is a classic summer side dish that combines creamy potatoes with crunchy vegetables and tangy condiments. It has become very popular in recent years, due to its delicious taste and ease of preparation.
The main ingredients are red potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper, and dill (optional).
The potatoes are boiled until tender and then combined with the other ingredients to create a delicious dish that will be sure to impress.
What does it taste like?
Henton’s Potato Salad has a creamy, tangy flavor that is perfect for summertime. The potatoes add a comforting richness to the dish while the hard-boiled eggs and red onion add texture and crunch.
The mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar provide an acidic kick to balance out the flavors of the salad. Then there’s the paprika and dill which give it a nice smokiness and herbal note.
The addition of sugar brings all the other flavors together in perfect harmony, creating a delicious dish that is sure to please everyone at your next gathering. With its vibrant colors and inviting aroma, this potato salad will be the star of any summer BBQ or picnic.
How did I first get introduced to the Henton’s Potato Salad?
I was first introduced to Henton’s Potato Salad when I visited my aunt and uncle in the summer of 2020. They had recently moved to a small town near mine, and their backyard was full of lush green trees, blooming flowers, and a picnic table set up for us to enjoy dinner outside.
After we ate our delicious barbecued chicken, my uncle asked if I wanted to try his potato salad, and of course, I said yes! Little did I know that this was not just any ordinary potato salad.
It was Henton’s Potato Salad, a recipe developed by my uncle’s friend from the small town they had moved to. The recipe contained potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, sugar, salt and pepper, and a hint of dill.
The potato salad was creamy and tangy with the perfect balance of flavors. The potatoes were cooked to perfection while the crunchy veggies added texture and flavor. I was so impressed that I asked my uncle for the recipe, and he was more than happy to share it with me.
That summer, Henton’s Potato Salad became my go-to side dish for any family gathering or barbecue I attended. Everyone always raved about its delicious taste and how easy it was to make. It was even a hit at Thanksgiving that year!
Now, whenever I’m feeling nostalgic for the summer of 2020, I make Henton’s Potato Salad and am reminded of that special time. It never fails to put a smile on my face.
I’m thankful for the introduction to Henton’s Potato Salad and will continue making it in the years to come. It is guaranteed to be a hit at any gathering!
How to make Henton’s Potato Salad?
Making Henton’s Potato Salad is easy and doesn’t take much time. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions you will need:
You May Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes:
- Recipe of Best Stop Boudin
- Hello Fresh Cream Sauce Base Copycat Recipe
- Beer Cheese Mashed Potatoes Copycat Recipe
- Teriyaki chicken salad dressing recipe
- Red potatoes: This is the main ingredient in the potato salad and gives it its creamy texture.
- Hard-boiled eggs: Diced hard-boiled eggs add a nice flavor to the dish and provide some protein.
- Red onion: The red onion adds crunch, color, and flavor to the salad.
- Celery: Celery adds crunch and texture to the dish.
- Mayonnaise: This is the base of the dressing and helps to bind everything together.
- Yellow mustard: Yellow mustard adds a tangy flavor to the salad.
- Apple cider vinegar: This gives a nice acidic note to balance out the flavors in the salad.
- Paprika: Paprika provides a mild smokiness and color to the dish.
- Granulated white sugar: This is used to balance out the flavors and add sweetness.
- Salt and pepper: Salt and pepper are needed for added flavor.
- Chopped dill (optional): This adds a nice herbal flavor to the dish.
In a large pot, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add in the cubed potatoes and allow to cook for 10-15 minutes or until they are tender. Drain in a colander and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked potatoes with the diced hard-boiled eggs, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is well combined.
Add the chopped dill (if using) and mix again. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to develop. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
-You can substitute the mayonnaise with equal parts Greek yogurt or sour cream for a lighter version of this dish.
-For added flavor, try adding chopped pickles, bacon bits, or diced ham.
-For spicier versions, try adding some hot sauce or chopped jalapenos.
-If you want the potato salad to be creamier, you can add more mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.
Hentons Potato Salad Recipe
- 1/4 tablespoon of granulated white sugar chosen for its subtle sweetness, harmonizing the flavors in the dressing.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs meticulously prepared and delicately diced, adding a creamy and protein-rich element to the salad.
- 1/4 cup of vibrant red onion finely chopped into small pieces, providing a pungent and slightly sweet flavor to the salad.
- 1/2 teaspoon of premium paprika skillfully sourced from sun-dried chili peppers, providing a smoky and mildly spicy flavor to the salad.
- 1/4 tablespoon of salt and pepper meticulously measured to taste, enhancing the flavors of the salad with their well-rounded seasoning.
- 2 tablespoons of celery finely chopped into crisp and aromatic pieces, offering a refreshing and crunchy element to the salad.
- 1 pound of red potatoes carefully selected and cubed into smaller, bite-sized pieces, chosen for their tender texture and vibrant color.
- 1 tablespoon of premium yellow mustard skillfully crafted using a blend of tangy mustard seeds and aromatic spices, providing a zesty and flavorful kick to the dressing.
- 1/8 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill thoughtfully selected for its delicate and herbaceous flavor, adding a refreshing and aromatic note to the salad (optional).
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar carefully fermented from freshly pressed apples, offering a tangy and slightly fruity acidity to the dressing.
- 1/2 cup of creamy mayonnaise meticulously made from high-quality eggs and pure vegetable oil, adding a rich and silky texture to the dressing.
- Boil a large pot of water over high heat. Once the H2O is simmering, add in diced potatoes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until they are softened. Don’t forget to strain off the liquid when done and set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the boiled spuds with chopped hard-boiled eggs, diced red onion, finely sliced celery stalks, a dollop of mayonnaise, a spoonful of yellow mustard, some apple cider vinegar, a pinch of paprika, a sprinkle of sugar, salt and pepper. Stir everything together until the ingredients are evenly combined.
- For an extra layer of flavor mix in the chopped dill (if desired) and give it another light toss. Make sure to taste for seasoning and make adjustments if needed.
- Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of one hour prior to serving to allow the flavors to meld together. Enjoy chilled or at room temperature.
What to serve with Henton’s Potato Salad?
Henton’s Potato Salad is a perfect side dish for barbecues, potlucks, and family gatherings. It pairs especially well with grilled meats or fish like burgers, steaks, hot dogs, salmon, and tuna.
It also goes great with other summer sides such as macaroni salad, coleslaw, pasta salad, corn on the cob, and roasted vegetables. And of course, it goes great with a cold beer or glass of chilled white wine!
How to store leftover Henton’s Potato Salad?
Leftover Henton’s Potato Salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to cool it down completely before storing it, and keep away from other foods that may contaminate it.
If you need to store the potato salad longer than 3 days, then it is best to freeze it. Transfer any leftovers to a freezer-safe container or bag and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy Henton’s Potato Salad in moderation. It is best to avoid consuming any uncooked food ingredients that are used in this dish (such as raw eggs or mayonnaise).
Instead, make sure to cook the hard-boiled eggs thoroughly and use store-bought mayonnaise made with pasteurized eggs. This will ensure that the dish is safe for pregnant women to enjoy.
Does Henton’s Potato Salad contain any dairy?
No, Henton’s Potato Salad does not contain any dairy ingredients. It only contains potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, red onion, celery, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar, paprika, sugar, salt, and pepper (plus optional chopped dill).
Is Henton’s Potato Salad gluten-free?
Yes, Henton’s Potato Salad is gluten-free. There are no wheat or wheat-based ingredients used in this dish.
Can I make it vegan?
Yes, you can make Henton’s Potato Salad vegan. Simply substitute the mayonnaise for vegan mayonnaise and omit the hard-boiled eggs. You can also opt to add some chopped tofu or tempeh for extra protein.
Can I use sweet potatoes instead of red potatoes?
Yes, you can definitely use sweet potatoes instead of red potatoes for this dish. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Sweet potatoes may take slightly longer to cook than regular red potatoes.
I hope you enjoy Henton’s Potato Salad as much as I do! This classic side dish is sure to be a hit at any gathering and will bring back summer memories all year long!
This creamy and flavorful potato salad is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. Plus, you can customize it to fit any dietary preferences or restrictions. So get creative and make this dish your own!
Thank you for reading. Feel free to share this article with your friends and family.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!