Last Updated on August 19, 2023
What about making a delicious and creamy classic dish that is super easy to make? Yes, you read that right. Today’s recipe will help you make the most delicious and luxurious Alfredo Sauce with the help of Ina Garten’s secret ingredient – heavy cream!
Not only does this sauce taste great but it also uses minimal ingredients that are affordable and readily available. This classic Italian sauce is made with delightful ingredients. The creamy texture of the Alfredo sauce compliments any kind of dish you serve it with, like pasta, chicken, or even vegetables.
So let’s get started and learn how to make this delicious sauce from the famous celebrity chef Ina Garten!
Table of Contents
What Is ina garten alfredo sauce?
Ina Garten’s Alfredo sauce is a delicious and creamy Italian-style sauce made with heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, butter, freshly ground black pepper, and salt.
This classic sauce can be served on top of your favorite pasta or used in other dishes like chicken or vegetables. It’s an incredibly versatile and tasty addition to any home cook’s repertoire!
You Might Also Like These Sauces Recipes!
- Don Pepino Pizza Sauce Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Aurelio’s Pizza Sauce Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe for McDonald’s BBQ Sauce Recipe
Where Did I First Try Ina Garten alfredo sauce?
After I saw the recipe on the website Barefoot Contessa, I first tried Ina Garten Alfredo sauce back in 2017. Since then it has become one of my absolute favorite recipes to make. At first, I was curious and wanted to try it out. So, I went to my local grocery store and picked up all the necessary ingredients for the recipe.
When I walked into my kitchen, I started prepping everything according to the instructions given on the website and then finally made Ina Garten Alfredo Sauce. The aroma of garlic powder, The rich and creamy flavor of the sauce is enough to take any dish up a notch for sure!
I remember being a bit apprehensive at first when I saw that heavy cream was used as an ingredient in the recipe. But, soon I realized that it was actually a great way to create such a wonderfully creamy sauce! To my surprise, the end result was so much better than I had expected.
The combination of all the ingredients together created a delicious and rich flavor that complemented any dish you put it with. From pasta to vegetables, this sauce was the perfect accompaniment for all of them. I even tried it on grilled chicken and it tasted amazing!
- Heavy cream: This is a game changer in this recipe. It adds a luxurious texture to the sauce and creates a creamy consistency for the sauce.
- Butter: Unsalted butter is the key ingredient to make a luscious and creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Garlic powder: This adds an extra layer of flavor to the sauce that makes it taste great!
- Parmesan cheese: The freshly grated parmesan cheese adds a nice cheesy flavor to the sauce.
- Black pepper: Freshly ground black pepper adds a nice spicy kick to the sauce which makes it even more flavorful.
- Salt to taste: This is totally optional, but it does add an extra layer of flavor to the sauce.
In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic powder, heavy cream, and black pepper to the melted butter. Stir until everything is well combined.
Slowly add in the Parmesan cheese and stir continuously until it has completely melted into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low.
Continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
• If you want a thicker sauce, add more Parmesan cheese which will create a thicker and creamier texture.
• If you want to add extra flavor, try adding a pinch of nutmeg or red pepper flakes for some added spice.
• Make sure to stir the sauce continuously as it is cooking so that it doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom of the pot.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
- You can substitute the heavy cream with full-fat coconut milk or low-fat milk.
- You can also replace the butter with ghee or olive oil.
- If you don’t have Parmesan cheese, try using another type of hard cheese like cheddar or Gruyere instead.
- To add, you can also replace the garlic powder with fresh minced garlic if desired.
Ina Garten Alfredo Sauce
- heavy-bottomed pot
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic powder, heavy cream, and black pepper to the melted butter. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Slowly add in the Parmesan cheese and stir continuously until it has completely melted into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and let cool slightly before serving.
- If you want a thicker sauce, add more Parmesan cheese which will create a thicker and creamier texture.
- If you want to add extra flavor, try adding a pinch of nutmeg or red pepper flakes for some added spice.
- Make sure to stir the sauce continuously as it is cooking so that it doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Calories: 180 kcal
- Total Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 1g
- Protein: 4g
How to Store Leftovers Ina Garten alfredo sauce?
Leftover Ina Garten Alfredo sauce can be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, place it in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it up until it reaches your desired temperature. You can also add a little bit of milk or cream to make the sauce even creamier.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, as long as you check with your doctor first. Alfredo sauce is generally safe for pregnant women, but always make sure to check with your healthcare provider before eating any type of food.
Can I make this Alfredo sauce without Parmesan cheese?
Yes, you can make the sauce using other hard cheeses like cheddar or Gruyere. However, Parmesan cheese adds a nice cheesy flavor to the sauce that can’t be replicated with other cheeses.
Is there any way to make this Alfredo sauce vegan?
Yes, you can make a vegan version of this Alfredo sauce by substituting the heavy cream with full-fat coconut milk and the butter with ghee or olive oil. You can also add nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about Ina Garten Alfredo Sauce! Now that you know how to make it, why not give it a try and see if your family loves it as much as mine?
With its creamy and indulgent flavor, this classic Italian sauce is sure to be a hit at any dinner table. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and give it a try!
If you like this recipe, share it with your friends and family.