Last Updated on November 25, 2023
Mexican white trash is an easy-to-make snack that combines crunchy tortilla chips, creamy queso, and mild chile peppers. This dish can be served as a main entree or a side dish for any occasion. The unique combination of flavors makes it a perfect meal for both adults and kids alike!
In this article, we’ll share the Mexican white trash recipe, and also provide step-by-step instructions and tips on how to make it at home. You’ll also find nutritional information and what to serve with this dish. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is Mexican white trash?
Mexican White Trash is a delicious dish that combines shredded chicken, Doritos, cheese and other ingredients to create an amazing flavor. It’s easy to make and can be served as a main dish or side dish. The ingredients are simple, resulting in a tasty meal that everyone will love.
It’s a great snack or side dish for any occasion. The combination of flavors makes it both a savory and flavorful dish. It is typically served hot but can also be enjoyed at room temperature.
What does it taste like?
Mexican white trash has unique flavors that make it truly delicious. The crunchy texture of the tortilla chips combined with the creamy queso and mild chile peppers makes this dish irresistible.
The flavors blend together wonderfully, creating a savory and flavorful experience you will never forget.
How did I first get introduced to the Mexican white trash?
I was first introduced to Mexican white trash when I visited Mexico for the first time. My friends and I were looking for something quick, easy, and delicious to snack on before dinner.
We stumbled upon a street vendor selling Mexican white trash and decided to give it a try. It was then that I fell in love with this unique dish!
You can also checkout the following lunch Recipe :
- Making of Philippine Sari Sari
- Recipe for Texas Roadhouse Prime Rib Au Jus
- Recipe for Skinner Lasagna
How to make Mexican white trash?
Mexican white trash is a delicious, easy-to-make snack that combines crunchy tortilla chips with creamy queso and mild chile peppers. To make it, you will need the following,
- Parmesan Cheese: Parmesan cheese adds a rich and savory flavor to the Texas Roadhouse Caesar Salad Dressing. Its nutty and salty notes contribute depth to the dressing, enhancing its overall taste.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise serves as a base for the dressing, contributing a creamy and luscious texture. It adds richness and helps bind the ingredients together, creating a smooth and well-coated dressing.
- Sweet and Sour Dressing: Sweet and sour dressing provides a balanced blend of sweetness and acidity. It adds a tangy element to the Caesar dressing, creating a dynamic flavor profile that complements the other ingredients.
- Garlic Pepper: Garlic pepper combines the aromatic qualities of garlic with the heat of black pepper. It adds a savory and mildly spicy kick to the dressing, contributing complexity and depth of flavor.
- Garlic (Minced and Mashed): Minced and mashed garlic infuses the dressing with a pungent and robust garlic flavor. It adds depth and aromatic complexity, a characteristic often found in classic Caesar dressings.
- Dry Ranch Dressing Mix: Dry ranch dressing mix is a flavor-packed blend of herbs and spices. It enhances the savory and herby notes in the Caesar dressing, providing a well-rounded taste.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk provides tanginess and helps achieve the desired consistency in the Caesar dressing. Its acidity complements the other flavors and contributes to the overall balance of the dressing.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix together taco seasoning and shredded chicken until combined.
Spread half of the crushed Doritos in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Top with the shredded chicken mixture, followed by Cream of chicken soup and remaining Doritos.
Spread the shredded cheese and Rotel tomatoes over the top. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and milk, then pour it over the dish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot with additional toppings such as sliced jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, or salsa.
• Make sure to crush the Doritos until they are fine crumbs. If they’re too large, they won’t adhere to the dish as well when baking.
• Use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken to save time.
• You can also substitute ground beef for chicken if desired.
Mexican white trash recipe
- Large Bowl
- baking dish
- 1 package of taco seasoning providing a flavorful blend of spices to elevate the taste of the dish.
- 4 cups of shredded cheese melting into a gooey and indulgent layer, creating a mouthwatering richness.
- 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup contributing to a luscious and creamy base for the casserole.
- 1 cup of milk creating a velvety and smooth consistency, enhancing the texture of the casserole.
- 2 bags of Nacho Doritos crushed into crunchy and savory crumbs, providing a delightful texture and a zesty kick.
- 1 cup of sour cream lending a creamy and tangy element that balances the dish’s overall taste.
- 4 cups of tender and succulent shredded chicken adding a hearty protein element to the recipe.
- 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes infusing a tangy and slightly spicy note, adding depth and complexity to the flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl, mix together taco seasoning and shredded chicken until combined.
- Spread half of the crushed Doritos in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish. Top with the shredded chicken mixture, followed by Cream of chicken soup and remaining Doritos.
- Spread the shredded cheese and Rotel tomatoes over the top. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream and milk, then pour it over the dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot with additional toppings such as sliced jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, or salsa.
• Calories: 510 kcal
• Fat: 22g
• Protein: 27g
• Carbs: 45g
What to serve with Mexican white trash?
This dish is delicious and served with various toppings, such as sliced jalapenos, guacamole, sour cream, or salsa. It also pairs well with Mexican-style side dishes like refried beans, Spanish rice, and roasted vegetables. Additionally, it can be served with tortillas or chips for an even heartier meal.
How to store leftover Mexican white trash?
Leftover Mexican white trash can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place the desired portion on a baking sheet and heat at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until warm.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat this dish if all ingredients are cooked and handled properly. The shredded cheese should be pasteurized, the chicken should be fully cooked, and any additional toppings, such as jalapenos or salsa, should also be prepared safely.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the ingredients for this dish in advance and assemble it when ready to bake.
What type of cheese should I use?
You can use your favorite type of shredded cheese, such as cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby.
Can I use other types of chips?
Yes, you can substitute Doritos with any type of crunchy tortilla chip.
Can I make Mexican white trash without chicken?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken with ground beef or just omit it altogether for a vegetarian option.
Mexican white trash is an easy and delicious snack that combines crunchy tortilla chips with creamy queso and mild chile peppers. You can have this tasty dish on your table in no time as it requires a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions.
Also, you can customize this dish with any type of shredded cheese, additional toppings, and sides. Pregnant women can also safely enjoy it if all ingredients are cooked and handled properly.
Please share this recipe with your friends and family and let us know how you enjoyed it! Thank you.