Last Updated on May 27, 2023
Outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing is a creamy and delicious way to spruce up your salads! This easy-to-make dressing has the perfect balance of tartness, creaminess, and flavor. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make an incredibly flavorful salad topping in no time.
We’ll show you how to make this tasty vinaigrette and even provide some tips for the perfect dressing.
In this article, you’ll find the ingredients and step-by-step instructions for making this delicious recipe, as well as nutrition information. Let’s get started!
What is Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing?
Outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing is a creamy and flavorful salad topping that is easy to make at home.
It starts with Italian olive oil, distilled white vinegar, fresh basil, black pepper, kosher salt, Dijon mustard, full-fat sour cream, and Danish blue cheese or other blue cheese variations. The balsamic vinegar and water are added to help thin out the dressing if needed.
What does it taste like?
This dressing has a very creamy and salty taste, with notes of tartness from the vinegar and sweet undertones from the balsamic vinegar.
The blue cheese provides an earthy flavor that is complemented by fresh herbs. The finished product will be thick but also light enough to drizzle over your salads.
How did I first get introduced to the Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing?
I first got introduced to the Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing when I first visited the Outback Steakhouse restaurant with my friends. We were all amazed at how much flavor and creaminess this one dressing had.
It was so delicious that we just had to recreate it at home! So I researched the ingredients used in the dressing and voila – here is an easy-to-make recipe for all of you to enjoy!
You may also like the following appetizer recipe!
- Cheesecake Factory Fried Macaroni and Cheese Balls
- Buffalo wild wings wild sauce scoville
- Banh nam hue recipe
How to Make Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing?
Making this creamy is incredibly easy and only requires a few simple ingredients. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions for this recipe:
- Italian olive oil: This is what gives the dressing its classic, olive oil-based flavor.
- Pinch of white sugar: This optional ingredient helps to balance out the tartness of the vinegar and cheese.
- Distilled white vinegar: A mild type of vinegar that adds a nice sour note to the final product.
- Fresh basil: Adds an earthy flavor and aroma to the dressing.
- Black pepper and kosher salt: Enhances the other flavors in the dressing and adds a salty kick.
- Dijon mustard: Adds an extra tangy and helps to thicken the.
- Full-fat sour: Creaminess is essential for this dressing! The full-fat option will help it stay creamy and emulsified.
- Danish blue cheese or other blue cheese variations: This is the star of the show! The creamy, salty flavor of blue cheese will be the base for this dressing.
- Water: To thin out the dressing if needed.
- Balsamic vinegar: Adds a sweet and acidic note that helps to balance out the other flavors.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, white sugar (if using), distilled white vinegar, fresh basil, black pepper, and kosher salt to taste. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
Add in the Dijon mustard and full-fat sour cream. Whisk together until you have a creamy sauce consistency.
Gently fold in the blue cheese, breaking it up as you do so with a spoon or spatula. The dressing should now be thick and creamy.
If desired, add a few tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing as needed.
Finish by adding ¼ teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, stirring until everything is combined.
Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, then serve over your favorite salads.
-If you don’t have Italian olive oil at home, you can use extra-virgin olive oil instead.
-Use high-quality blue cheese for the best flavor.
-This dressing will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
-If it gets too thick, feel free to add a few tablespoons of water to thin it out.
-Add fresh herbs such as parsley or chives for extra flavor.
-For a creamier dressing, try adding some Greek yogurt in place of the sour cream.
-If you’re looking for an even richer flavor, you can substitute crème fraîche for the sour cream.
-If you don’t have Danish blue cheese, you can use other types of blue cheese such as Gorgonzola or Roquefort.
Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- ¼ cup of high-quality Italian olive oil
- Pinch of white sugar (optional)
- ¼ cup of distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, finely chopped
- Black pepper and kosher salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of full-fat sour cream
- ½ cup of Danish blue cheese or other blue cheese variation
- Water as needed
- ¼ teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, white sugar (if using), distilled white vinegar, fresh basil, black pepper, and kosher salt to taste. Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add in the Dijon mustard and full-fat sour cream. Whisk together until you have a creamy sauce consistency.
- Gently fold in the blue cheese, breaking it up as you do so with a spoon or spatula. The dressing should now be thick and creamy.
- If desired, add a few tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing as needed.
- Finish by adding ¼ teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, stirring until everything is combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed, then serve over your favorite salads.
What to serve with Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing?
This creamy and flavorful dressing is the perfect accompaniment to any salad. It pairs especially well with crunchy salads like a spinach salad or an arugula salad. You could also use it to dress up grilled vegetables, roasted potatoes, or roasted chicken dishes.
The possibilities are endless! For a refreshing side dish, try making a simple cucumber salad and tossing it in this dressing. For an even heartier meal, mix the dressing into cooked pasta or quinoa for a creamy and flavorful dinner. You can also use it as a dip for crudités, warm pita chips, or fresh fruit.
How to store leftover Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing?
Leftover Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To help extend its shelf life, you can also freeze it in an ice cube tray and store the frozen cubes in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months. When ready to use, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and stir before serving.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat this Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing. However, it is important to make sure that the blue cheese used in the recipe is pasteurized, as unpasteurized cheeses may contain harmful bacteria that could be detrimental to a developing baby.
Pregnant women should also exercise caution when consuming larger amounts of salt, as excess intake can lead to an increased risk of high blood pressure.
Additionally, pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts of sugar as well. As always, it is best to consult with a doctor or nutritionist for more specific guidance.
Can diabetics eat this?
Yes, diabetics can eat this Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing. However, diabetics should be mindful of their sugar and salt intake. The recipe uses white sugar, so it is best to avoid or limit consumption if possible.
Additionally, the dressing contains a large amount of sodium, which can increase blood pressure levels. If consuming larger amounts of salt is unavoidable, diabetics should drink plenty of water and monitor their blood sugar levels closely.
As always, it is best to consult with a doctor or nutritionist for more specific guidance.
Can this dressing be used as a marinade?
No, this Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing is not suitable for use as a marinade. Marinades are typically used to tenderize and flavor meats, poultry, and fish before cooking.
The ingredients in this vinaigrette dressing would not provide the same results as a traditional marinade. For best results, it is recommended that you use an oil-based marinade for proteins.
Why Make Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing?
Outback blue cheese vinaigrette dressing is a great addition to any salad! The creamy and tart flavors are balanced perfectly with the earthy flavor of blue cheese for an amazing flavor experience.
Plus, this dressing is easy to make and can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. It’s a healthier alternative to store-bought dressings, since you exactly what ingredients have gone into it!
Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing is a delicious, creamy, and flavorful dressing that pairs perfectly with salads or roasted vegetables. It’s perfect for adding some extra flavor to any meal or side dish.
Plus, it’s easy to make and store in the fridge for up to a week! Pregnant women, diabetics, and anyone else looking for a healthier alternative to store-bought dressings should give this one a try.
Thank you for reading! We hope you enjoyed learning about Outback Blue Cheese Vinaigrette Dressing.
Sharing is caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
My name is Lori Walker. I’m a registered dietician and food enthusiast. I share easy healthy recipes on my blog and review necessary kitchen items. The recipes I share take less… Read more