Last Updated on February 24, 2024
Longhorn white balsamic vinaigrette is a unique and tasty salad dressing made with white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, and honey. It has a light sweetness combined with the tartness of balsamic that goes great on fresh greens or roasted vegetables.
The Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette is an excellent way to dress up your salads and a great marinade or dipping sauce.
This article will explain what Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette is, what it contains, how to create it, and what to serve it with. We’ll also address some frequently asked topics. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette?
LongHorn Steakhouse is a chain of American casual dining restaurants that are owned and managed by Darden Restaurants, Inc. The signature dish of the restaurant chain is its steak, ribs, shrimp, and chicken dishes.
They use a special dressing for their salads called Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette. It is made with white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, minced garlic, dijon mustard, and salt and pepper.
This flavorful dressing adds a zesty kick to the salads without overwhelming them. The dressing is also great as a marinade or dipping sauce.
What does it taste like?
The Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette has a light sweetness combined with balsamic’s tartness, making it unique and tasty. It has subtle notes of honey, garlic, and herbs. The dressing is light and creamy yet has a subtle kick that makes it perfect for freshening up salads or dipping vegetables.
How did I first get introduced to the Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette?
I frequently visit LongHorn Steakhouse for their delicious steak and sides, but it was the salad that really caught my attention along with the steak. When I found out they had a special salad dressing, I just had to recreate it at home.
After a few trials and errors, I successfully recreated the Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette, now my go-to salad dressing!
How to make Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette?
Making Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette is a very simple process. All you need are a few ingredients and the right ratio of each ingredient. Here’s what you’ll need:
- White Balsamic Vinegar: This is the key ingredient in this recipe, providing the tangy and sweet flavor that balances the other ingredients. It is made from white wine vinegar and grape must, resulting in a lighter color and milder taste than traditional dark balsamic vinegar.
- Garlic Powder: This adds a subtle garlic flavor to the dressing without any chunks or texture.
- Organic Honey: This natural sweetener adds a touch of sweetness and balances out the tanginess of the vinegar.
- Sea Salt: A small amount of sea salt enhances the flavors in this dressing and helps to balance out the sweetness.
- Minced Garlic: Adding minced garlic provides a more intense garlic flavor than the powder, giving this vinaigrette an extra punch.
- Dijon Mustard: This tangy and slightly spicy mustard provides emulsifying properties in the dressing, helping to keep it from separating.
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese: Adding freshly grated parmesan cheese provides a rich, nutty, and savory element to the dressing.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: As the base for this vinaigrette, extra virgin olive oil provides a rich and smooth texture, as well as heart-healthy fats. It also helps to balance out the sharpness of the vinegar.
- Italian Seasoning: This blend of dried herbs adds depth and complexity to the dressing, with a combination of flavors such as oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and more.
- Onion Powder: Similar to the garlic powder, this adds a milder onion flavor without any chunks or texture.
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper: This adds a subtle heat and depth of flavor to the dressing.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the White Balsamic Vinegar, garlic powder, Organic Honey, sea salt, and Italian seasoning until combined.
Add in the Dijon mustard, freshly grated Kraft Parmesan cheese, onion powder and freshly cracked black pepper and mix until uniform.
Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil while whisking constantly until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
Transfer to a sealable container or bottle. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
– Use the best-quality ingredients you can find.
– Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
– Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce or hot sauce for some extra flavour.
– Adjust seasonings according to your preference.
Longhorn White Balsamic Vinagrette
- large mixing bowl
- Whisk or spatula
- glass jar or bottle
- Measuring spoons and cups.
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt: Fine-tune the seasoning with a measured touch of sea salt ensuring a perfectly balanced and nuanced flavor profile that enhances the overall taste experience of your dressing.
- 2 1/2 tbsp Pure Honey: Introduce a natural sweetness with precisely measured two and a half tablespoons of pure honey creating a luscious and golden undertone that balances the acidity of the vinegar and mustard.
- 1/2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning: Embark on a herbaceous adventure with half a teaspoon of dried Italian seasoning infusing a medley of aromatic herbs that contribute to the dressing’s complexity and depth.
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard or Regular Mustard: Elevate the zesty notes with a tablespoon of Dijon or regular mustard adding a bold and piquant kick that enhances the overall depth and character of your dressing.
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder: Infuse a subtle aromatic warmth with half a teaspoon of garlic powder creating a delicate savory note that lingers on the palate and complements the other ingredients in your dressing.
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder: Elevate the savory essence with half a teaspoon of onion powder adding a gentle and nuanced depth that enhances the overall umami quality of your dressing.
- 1 cup Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil: Craft a velvety and indulgent texture with precisely measured one cup of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil ensuring a rich and robust foundation that carries the flavors of your dressing.
- 1/4 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese: Elevate your dressing to luxurious heights with a quarter cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese creating a creamy and savory element that adds depth and richness.
- 1/2 cup White Balsamic Vinegar: Commence your culinary journey with a half cup of white balsamic vinegar introducing a sweet and tangy complexity that forms the vibrant base of your dressing, creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper to Taste: Fine-tune the seasoning with a measured touch of freshly cracked black pepper, imparting a bold and smoky warmth that harmonizes with the other flavors.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the White Balsamic Vinegar, garlic powder, Organic Honey, sea salt, and Italian seasoning until combined.
- Add in the Dijon mustard, freshly grated Kraft Parmesan cheese, onion powder and freshly cracked black pepper and mix until uniform.
- Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil while whisking constantly until the mixture becomes thick and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Transfer to a sealable container or bottle. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
longhorn white balsamic vinaigrette Nutrition Information
Serving: 2 tbsp,
Longhorn white balsamic vinaigrette calories: 180 kcal,
Carbohydrates: 5g, Protein: 1.6g, Fat: 17.9g, Saturated Fat: 3.1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 3mg, Sodium: 176 mg, Potassium: 16 mg, Fibre: 0.1g, Sugar: 4.5g, Calcium: 45 mg, Iron: 0mg.
What to make with Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette?
This vibrant, flavorful dressing is perfect for a variety of dishes. Pour it on your favorite salads, use it as a marinade for chicken or steak, dip vegetables in it, top off nachos with it, or even use it as a sauce for pasta!
It pairs well with other fresh ingredients like tomatoes and cucumbers and hearty proteins like steak and shrimp. You can also use this dressing to make a bright, tangy vinaigrette for your favorite sandwiches or wraps.
No matter how you choose to use it, the Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette will surely add a zesty kick of flavor to your meals!
How to store leftover Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette?
Store any leftover vinaigrette in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely consume this recipe as long as all ingredients are high-quality and consumed in moderation.
Can I substitute the White Balsamic Vinegar with a different type of vinegar?
Yes, you can substitute the White Balsamic Vinegar with Red Wine Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can use avocado oil or walnut oil as substitutes for the extra virgin olive oil if desired.
Is it gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is naturally gluten free.
Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette is a delicious and healthy dressing that is easy to make at home. The right ingredients make it an excellent addition to salads, marinades, dips, and more.
Plus, you can store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. So, next time you’re looking for an easy and healthy dressing, give this Longhorn White Balsamic Vinaigrette a try!
I hope you found this recipe helpful. Share this delicious dressing with your family and friends. Also, leave a comment as well.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- La madeleine pasta salad copycat recipe
- Bordeaux cookie copycat recipe
- Publix Breakfast Bread copycat Recipe
- how does longhorn make their broccoli
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.