Last Updated on July 3, 2023
What about making a savory and delicious breakfast for your family? The pioneer woman broccoli cheese quiche is the perfect way to do it. This dish combines all of the flavors of classic quiche with a unique twist.
It is made with delightful ingredients. This easy-to-make recipe can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and is sure to please even picky eaters.
In this article, you will learn where I first tried it, the ingredients you’ll need to make it, cooking tips, what ingredients can be substituted, and nutrition information.
Table of Contents
What Is pioneer woman broccoli cheese quiche?
Pioneer Woman broccoli cheese quiche is a classic dish that combines the flavors of a traditional quiche with a unique twist. It is made with fresh broccoli, butter, cheddar cheese, eggs, and milk that are combined into a flaky and flavorful crust. This easy-to-make recipe can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner and is sure to please even picky eaters.
Where Did I First Try pioneer woman broccoli cheese quiche?
I first tasted this delicious dish at a brunch hosted by a dear friend. She made it from the famous Pioneer Woman’s recipe. I was immediately intrigued by the combination of ingredients, as I had never heard of such a quiche before.
The wonderful flavors of the cheddar cheese, butter, and broccoli were complimented perfectly by the flaky crust and eggy base. Everyone in attendance thoroughly enjoyed it and we all went back for seconds. I knew right away that I wanted to recreate this dish at home.
I went out and gathered the ingredients needed to make the quiche, which was surprisingly easy. All you need is a deep-dish pie crust, fresh broccoli, cheddar cheese, butter, eggs, and milk.
Additionally, spices such as salt, black pepper, and onion powder can be added to give the quiche some extra flavor.
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- Fresh Broccoli: Basically, you can’t start without fresh broccoli. Chopping it into small florets is the key to making sure that broccoli cooks evenly throughout the quiche.
- Butter: Softened butter is necessary to give the quiche a rich flavor and creamy texture.
- Deep Dish Pie Crust: This ready-made crust will serve as the base of your quiche and ensure an easy and effortless preparation.
- Salt, Black Pepper, and Onion Powder: These spices will add flavor to the quiche. The amount of each spice used is up to you but usually a tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, and onion powder is enough for this dish.
- Cheddar Cheese: This type of cheese gives a sharp and slightly salty flavor to the quiche.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for 5 large eggs to give the quiche its custardy base.
- Milk: Whole milk is preferred in this recipe, but any type of milk can be used.
You need to saute the broccoli. Put it in a small skillet over medium heat and stir frequently. Let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is softened but still slightly crunchy.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F and place a baking sheet on the bottom rack of your oven to catch any drips during baking. Then, in a large bowl, mix together the softened butter, salt, pepper, and onion powder.
Add to the butter mixture and stir until evenly coated. Place pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan and spread the broccoli mixture around the bottom of the crust.
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the broccoli and spread evenly. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until fully combined.
Pour egg mixture into pie pan on top of broccoli and cheese. Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until the quiche is golden brown. Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- When chopping the broccoli, make sure to cut it into small florets as this will allow them to cook evenly throughout the quiche.
- If you want a richer flavor, consider adding some cream cheese or feta cheese to the quiche.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk until fully combined for a creamy custard base.
- Make sure not to over-bake the quiche as it may become dry.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have any fresh broccoli on hand, you can substitute it with frozen broccoli. Just make sure to thaw and drain it before adding it to the quiche. Instead of cheddar cheese, you can use a variety of other cheeses such as Swiss, Gouda, Gruyere, or Parmesan.
Pioneer Woman Chicken Dorito Casserole
- baking dish
- large skillet
- large bowls
- Chopping board
- 3 cups Cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 Medium yellow onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 10.5 oz Cream of chicken soup
- 15 oz Canned black beans
- 15 oz Canned corn
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 10 oz Rotel tomatoes
- 4 ounces Green chiles
- 14.5 oz Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Fresh parsley
- Start off with your oven by preheating it to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the cooked chicken into small cubes and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the chopped onion and garlic clove. Sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add in the chicken cubes to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the Mexican cheese blend, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup, black beans, corn, sour cream, Rotel tomatoes, and green chiles. Mix together until combined.
- Place crushed Doritos and then pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with more Doritos and then sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving
- Make sure to cook the chicken completely before adding it to the skillet and make sure that it is cut into small cubes.
- You can adjust the amount of taco seasoning depending on how spicy you like your food.
- When stirring together the ingredients, use a spatula or wooden spoon so you don’t break up the Doritos on top.
- Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving so that all of the ingredients can settle together.
A single serving of this quiche contains
- 385 calories,
- 29g of fat, and
- 20g of protein.
- Calcium, iron, zinc, vitamin A, and B12.
How to store and reheat pioneer woman broccoli cheese quiche?
Once the quiche has cooled down completely it can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
To reheat, simply place slices of the quiche in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes or until heated through. The quiche can also be frozen for up to one month in an airtight container or resealable freezer bag.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, this quiche is safe for pregnant women as long as all of the ingredients are cooked thoroughly. However, it is important to check with your doctor if you have any concerns.
Can I use a different type of cheese?
Yes, as mentioned above you can substitute the cheddar cheese for a variety of other cheeses such as Swiss, Gouda, Gruyere, or Parmesan. Plus, you can also add cream cheese or feta cheese for a richer flavor.
So, do you think you can make this dish at home? It is very easy and with the help of this article, you will be able to make a delicious pioneer woman broccoli cheese quiche in no time.
Grab all the ingredients, follow the instructions above, and enjoy your homemade meal! It is like a unique twist on a classic quiche and surely impress everyone with this amazing dish.This recipe is to become a favorite if you share the recipe with your family and friends. Give it a try today! Thanks for reading!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!