Last Updated on June 22, 2023
Potbelly Chicken Salad is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that tastes just like your favorite sandwich spot. It’s the perfect light lunch or dinner for those hot summer days. This salad will have everyone coming back for seconds as it is made with all healthy ingredients.
In this article, we’ll provide you with an easy-to-follow recipe, as well as tips on what to serve it with and how to store any leftovers.
We will also answer some common questions about Potbelly Chicken Salad so that you can enjoy this delicious dish! So let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Potbelly Chicken Salad?
Potbelly Chicken Salad is a popular dish that originated from the sandwich chain restaurant “Potbelly”. It’s a delicious combination of chicken, apples, vinaigrette dressing, lettuce, grapes, walnuts, bleu cheese, and dried cranberries.
The ingredients come together to create a refreshing meal that’s perfect for lunch or dinner. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be served hot or cold.
What does it taste like?
Potbelly Chicken Salad is a flavorful and hearty dish. The chicken provides a savory flavor, while the apples are sweet and crunchy. The vinaigrette dressing adds tartness and acidity to the salad, while the lettuce gives it a light, refreshing taste.
The walnuts provide an earthy crunch with a nutty flavor, while the bleu cheese adds subtle creaminess and saltiness. Lastly, the dried cranberries add a slight tartness and sweetness.
All these flavors come together to create an unforgettable meal that’s both flavorful and healthy!
How did I first get introduced to the Potbelly Chicken Salad?
I first got introduced to Potbelly Chicken Salad when I was living in Chicago and discovered the sandwich chain, “Potbelly Sandwich Shop”. I had their chicken salad and instantly fell in love with the flavor combination and knew that I wanted to recreate it at home.
After some tinkering, I was able to come up with my own recipe that I think is just as delicious and even easier to make.
How to make Potbelly Chicken Salad?
Making Potb Chicken Salad is simple and only requires a few steps. Below are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions for this recipe:
You may also like the following Recipes!
- Chicken Breast: This is the main ingredient of this salad.
- Apple: It adds a crunchy texture and sweet flavor to your dish.
- Vinaigrette Dressing: The dressing helps to give the salad its unique taste. You can use any type of vinaigrette, such as balsamic or lemon dill.
- Lettuce: You can use any type of lettuce, such as romaine iceberg. The lettuce helps to give the salad a light refreshing taste.
- Grapes: Grapes add a nice sweetness to your dish. Use red or green grapes for the best results.
- Walnuts: Walnuts provide an earthy crunch and nutty flavor to the dish.
- Bleu Cheese: This cheese adds a subtle creamy and salty flavor to the salad. You can substitute it with feta or cheddar cheese if you don’t have bleu cheese.
- Dried Cranberries: Adds a slight tartness to the dish as well as sweetness.
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Let cool before cutting into cubes.
Dice the apple into small cubes.
In a salad bowl combine the cubed chicken, diced apple, vinaigrette dressing, lettuce, grapes, walnuts, bleu cheese, and dried cranberries.
Toss all the ingredients together until everything is evenly combined.
-Use organic, free-range chicken for the best results.
-You can substitute the vinaigrette dressing with any other type of dressing you like.
-If you prefer a creamier texture, add some Greek yogurt to the salad.
-Feel free to adjust the quantity of each ingredient according to your preference.
Potbelly Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 bowl
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 knife
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup red grapes, diced
- 1 cups lettuce
- 1 tbsp bleu cheese
- 2 tbsp vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbsp Chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through. Let cool before cutting into cubes.
- Dice the apple into small cubes.
- In a salad bowl combine the cubed chicken, diced apple, vinaigrette dressing, lettuce, grapes, walnuts, bleu cheese, and dried cranberries.
- Toss all the ingredients together until everything is evenly combined.
- Serve immediately.
- Use organic, free-range chicken for the best results.
- You can substitute the vinaigrette dressing with any other type of dressing you like.
- If you prefer a creamier texture, add some Greek yogurt to the salad.
- Feel free to adjust the quantity of each ingredient according to your preference.
Fat 5 gram
Cholesterol 70 mg
Carbohydrate 14 gram
Sodium 220 mg
What should I serve with Potbelly Chicken Salad?
Potbelly Chicken Salad makes a great light lunch or dinner, but it also pairs nicely with other dishes. For example, you can serve it as a side dish alongside grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, or your favorite fish.
You can also serve it as an appetizer with crackers and chips. If you’re looking for something more substantial, try pairing it with a cup of soup or a warm sandwich.
How to store leftover Potbelly Chicken Salad?
The best way to store leftover Potbelly Chicken Salad is by transferring it into an airtight container and placing it in the refrigerator. The salad will last up to 4 days in the fridge.
If you need to keep it for longer, you can freeze the salad for up to 3 months. To defrost, remove the frozen container and let it sit at room temperature until thawed.
Make sure to stir the salad before serving as the dressing may have separated during freezing.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Pregnant women can enjoy this dish if the chicken is cooked thoroughly before making the salad.
Additionally, it is best to avoid soft cheeses such as bleu cheese as they can contain listeria bacteria which can be harmful to pregnant women. So, it is best to consult your physician before consuming any dish when you are pregnant.
Can I add other ingredients to this salad?
Yes, you can definitely add additional ingredients to the Potbelly Chicken Salad. If you like crunchy vegetables, you can try adding diced carrots, celery, or bell peppers.
If you want to add some extra protein, consider adding it to cooked quinoa or chickpeas. You can also add fresh herbs such as parsley or chives for a bright flavor. Have fun experimenting with this dish and make it your own!
Is Potbelly Chicken Salad healthy?
Yes, Potbelly chicken salad can be a healthy option if you make it with the right ingredients. The salad is packed with protein from the chicken and healthy fats from the nuts and cheese.
Additionally, it contains plenty of vitamins and minerals from the fruits and vegetables. To make it even healthier, you can use a light or fat-free vinaigrette dressing instead of a regular dressing.
Potbelly Chicken Salad is a delicious and nutritious dish that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. It is made with cubed chicken, diced apple, vinaigrette dressing, lettuce, grapes, walnuts, bleu cheese, and dried cranberries, all tossed together in a salad bowl.
You can also add additional ingredients to make it your own. Serve it as a side dish or an appetizer with crackers, chips, or soup. Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and avoid eating it if you are pregnant. Enjoy this salad as part of a healthy and balanced diet!
Thank you for reading! Feel free to share this article with your family and friends.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!