Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Enjoy a taste of the Orient at home with this easy and delicious Chinese food. Triple Delight Chinese Food is a classic from the Sichuan province of China and one that appeals to both adults and children alike!
It’s simple to make and requires only a few ingredients, making it the perfect choice for busy weeknight meals. So if you’re looking for an easy yet flavourful meal that will please everyone at the table, give Triple Delight Chinese Food a try!
With just a few ingredients and minimal effort, you’ll be enjoying this delicious dish in no time. Continue reading for a complete guide to making this at home.
Table of Contents
What is Triple Delight Chinese Food?
Triple Delight Chinese Food is a classic dish from the Sichuan province of China. It’s a colorful medley of protein and vegetables that are stir-fried together in a flavorful sauce.
This easy one-pan meal can be prepared quickly! The main ingredients used in this dish are chicken breast, beef tenderloin, and shrimp. All of these are combined with vibrant vegetables like snow peas, baby corn, red bell pepper, and broccoli.
The entire dish is then coated with a delicious savory sauce made from Chinese five-spice powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and chicken stock.
What does it taste like?
This dish is a medley of flavors and textures. The combination of chicken, beef, and shrimp provides the perfect balance of protein that pairs deliciously with the crunchy vegetables.
The sauce adds just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness to tie all these ingredients together in harmony. The Chinese Five Spice Powder in the sauce brings a unique flavor to this dish as well.
The warm, aromatic spice creates an unforgettable taste experience that will make your mouth water! You’ll love how all of these flavors combine together to create something truly special.
How did I first get introduced to Triple Delight Chinese Food?
I first got introduced to Triple Delight Chinese Food when I was a kid. My family had recently traveled to China and we had the opportunity to sample some of the traditional local dishes.
We quickly fell in love with this savory stir-fried dish that combined chicken, beef, and shrimp with vegetables in a flavorful sauce. The combination of all these ingredients made for something extraordinary and we knew we had to have it again.
Ever since then, Triple Delight Chinese Food has been a staple in our family kitchen. It’s a quick and easy meal that can be made in just minutes. Plus, the combination of ingredients offers plenty of nourishment with an array of seafood flavors and plenty of protein.
When I moved away from home and started my own family, I wanted to make sure that we could enjoy this classic dish as well. That’s why I took the time to learn how to make Triple Delight Chinese Food at home.
The key is getting all the ingredients right and learning how to properly stir-fry them in a hot wok. Once you have the technique down, it’s easy to make this delicious dish in no time! I even like to mix it up and sometimes add other vegetables like mushrooms or zucchini.
Nowadays, Triple Delight Chinese Food is a weekly staple in our home. My family loves the flavor and texture of the dish and I love how easy it is to make. If you’ve never tried Triple Delight Chinese Food before, I definitely recommend giving it a try! You won’t regret it.
How to make Triple Delight Chinese Food?
Making Triple Delight Chinese Food at home is easier than you think! Gather the ingredients & follow these simple steps and you’ll be enjoying this delicious dish in no time.
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- Texas Roadhouse recipe for salmon
- Ina Garten Chicken Cordon Bleu Copycat Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Chicken Breast: This is the main ingredient in this dish and provides a great source of lean protein.
- Beef Tenderloin: This type of meat adds a delicious flavor to your dish and has a tender texture.
- Shrimp: This will provide your recipe with an array of seafood flavors and plenty of protein.
- Snow Peas: These little green vegetables have a unique flavor and add some crunch to the dish.
- Baby Corn: Adds an extra layer of sweetness and texture that pairs perfectly with the other ingredients.
- Red Bell Pepper: This bright vegetable adds vibrant color and flavor to your recipe.
- Broccoli: These tiny florets bring a delicious burst of green to the mix while giving you plenty of nutrition.
- Chinese Five Spice Powder: This aromatic spice blend adds a unique flavor to your dish.
- Soy Sauce: Adds some saltiness and a deep umami flavor to the recipe.
- Oyster Sauce: This savory sauce adds richness and sweetness in equal measure.
- Sugar: A pinch of granulated sugar helps balance out the flavors in the dish.
- Corn Starch: This thickening agent helps to thicken your sauce and bind the ingredients together.
- Chicken Stock: Use low-sodium stock to keep this recipe light in salt content.
- Peanut Oil: Peanut oil has a high smoke point, making it perfect for stir-frying.
Begin by prepping all your ingredients. Cut the chicken breast, beef, and shrimp into bite-sized pieces. Chop the bell pepper, snow peas, baby corn, and broccoli into small pieces as well.
In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the Chinese five-spice powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and cornstarch with the chicken stock. Set aside.
Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Add the chicken and cook it until it is browned on all sides (around 5 minutes). Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, then add another tablespoon of oil to the pan.
Add the beef and cook for 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Once the beef and shrimp are cooked through, add the vegetables to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the sauce mixture you prepared earlier. Stir everything together and allow it to cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened and all of the ingredients are coated in the sauce.
Serve your Triple Delight Chinese Food with steamed rice or your favorite noodles.
-Be sure to use fresh ingredients for the best flavor.
-If you don’t have Chinese five-spice powder, you can substitute it with a combination of ground star anise, cloves, fennel seed, cinnamon, and black pepper.
-You can also add other vegetables such as mushrooms or zucchini to this dish if desired.
Triple Delight Chinese Food Recipe
- Cutting Board
- 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1 lb Beef tenderloin (cut into pieces)
- 1 lb Medium-sized Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup Snow Peas
- 1/2 cup Baby Corn
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice Powder
- 1.5 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1.5 tablespoon Oyster Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sugar (granulated)
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup Chicken Stock (low sodium)
- Peanut Oil
- Begin by prepping all your ingredients. Cut the chicken breast, beef, and shrimp into bite-sized pieces. Chop the bell pepper, snow peas, baby corn, and broccoli into small pieces as well.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the Chinese five-spice powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and cornstarch with the chicken stock. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of peanut oil. Add the chicken and cook it until it is browned on all sides (around 5 minutes). Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, then add another tablespoon of oil to the pan.
- Add the beef and cook for 2 minutes, then add the shrimp and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Once the beef and shrimp are cooked through, add the vegetables to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and pour in the sauce mixture you prepared earlier. Stir everything together and allow it to cook for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened and all of the ingredients are coated in the sauce.
- Serve your Triple Delight Chinese Food with steamed rice or your favorite noodles.
Calories: 146 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 16 g
Fat: 8 g
Sodium: 486 mg
Fiber: 1.4 g
What to serve with Triple Delight Chinese Food?
Triple Delight Chinese Food is best served over steamed white rice or egg noodles. The starches in the rice and noodles will absorb the flavorful sauce, creating a delicious meal that everyone will enjoy.
If you’re looking for something more substantial, try serving your Triple Delight Chinese Food with some stir-fried bok choy on the side for a complete meal.
For an even heartier meal, you can also serve your Triple Delight Chinese Food with some fried wonton strips or crispy fried tofu cubes. This will provide additional protein and crunch to your plate that goes perfectly with the savory sauce.
How to store leftover Triple Delight Chinese Food?
I would suggest having this as fresh as possible because it tastes the best. But there are ways to store your leftover Triple Delight Chinese Food.
Refrigerator: Transfer your leftovers to an air-tight container and store them in the fridge for up to three days.
Freezer: You can also store your leftovers in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze them for up to two months.
Reheating: To reheat, simply transfer the desired amount of Chinese food to a microwave-safe dish and heat it up for 1-2 minutes. If you have frozen leftovers, thaw them in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, this dish is safe for pregnant women to eat. However, it’s always important to make sure the ingredients used are fresh and cooked through to avoid any food-borne illnesses.
Additionally, since soy sauce is high in sodium content, be sure to watch your portions if you’re trying to limit your sodium intake.
Can I make it if I don’t eat meat?
Yes, you can definitely still enjoy this dish if you don’t eat meat. Simply omit the chicken, beef, and shrimp from the recipe and substitute in some extra vegetables like mushrooms or zucchini.
Can I use a different type of oil?
Yes, you can substitute peanut oil for another high smoke point cooking oil such as vegetable or canola oil.
Is Triple Delight Chinese Food Spicy?
No, this dish is not typically very spicy. If you like your food with a kick, however, you can always add extra chili sauce or freshly chopped chili peppers to this.
Thank you for joining us today to learn about Triple Delight Chinese Food. This dish is a great way to enjoy some of your favorite Asian flavors without having to leave home.
With plenty of protein and vegetables, this recipe is sure to become a regular in your weekly rotation.
I hope you enjoyed learning how to make this dish. Please share this article with your friends and family so they can enjoy it too.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Hungarian Potato Pancakes Copycat Recipe
- Beer Cheese Mashed Potatoes Copycat Recipe
- Wingstop Cajun Wings Copycat Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.