Last Updated on July 4, 2023
Zaxby’s dipping sauce is a delicious and tangy sauce that is perfect for dipping your favorite wings or fries. It’s made with mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and freshly ground black pepper.
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be easily adjusted to suit your own tastes. It is very famous in the Southern United States, especially in Georgia. People there simply love it!
In this article, we’ll share what makes Zaxby’s dipping sauce so special, how to make it at home and what to serve with it. We will also answer some of the frequently asked questions about the sauce. So, keep reading!
Table of Contents
What is Zaxby’s dipping sauce?
Zaxby’s dipping sauce is a popular condiment made with mayonnaise, ketchup and other spices and seasonings. It has a creamy texture and a mild flavor that pairs perfectly with chicken strips, fries and other fried foods.
Zaxby is basically an American fast-food chain that is famous for its chicken sandwiches, wings and dipping sauces. Its sauces are the most popular of all, and they come in three unique flavors: Original, Spicy and Buffalo.
What does it taste like?
The unique flavor of this dip comes from the combination of mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce. These ingredients come together to create an incredibly flavorful and slightly tangy dip with a hint of sweetness.
It also gives a taste of the warmth of garlic and black pepper. Whenever you’ll taste this, you’ll fall in love with the unique flavor of the dip.
How did I first hear about the deliciousness of Zaxby’s dipping sauce?
I was first introduced to the zaxby’s dipping sauce while dining at my local Zaxby’s restaurant. The dipping sauce was served alongside the fried chicken strips and fries that I ordered, and it quickly became a favorite of mine.
I searched online for the ingredients and was surprised to find that they could easily be replicated at home. I’ve been using this recipe ever since!
How to make zaxby’s dipping sauce?
Making zaxby’s dipping sauce is quick and easy. All you need to follow the steps below:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper until well combined.
Taste and adjust for seasoning if necessary.
Serve with your favorite wings or fries as a dipping sauce.
• If you don’t have fresh ground pepper, you can use pre-ground pepper instead. Make sure to adjust the amount according to your taste preference.
• For a spicier version of this recipe, add a few dashes of hot sauce or cayenne pepper to the mix.
• To get the perfect consistency of this sauce, it’s best not to substitute any ingredients to get that classic zaxby sauce flavor.
Zaxby’s Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1/4 cup of smooth and creamy mayonnaise crafted from the finest ingredients, ensuring a rich and velvety base for the sauce.
- 1/4 teaspoon of aromatic garlic powder carefully sourced for its pungent and savory essence, providing a delightful hint of garlic flavor.
- 2 tablespoons of zesty ketchup made from vine-ripened tomatoes, adding a vibrant and tangy note to the sauce, enhancing its depth.
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper expertly ground for its bold and aromatic notes, enhancing the sauce with a warm and spicy kick, or more to taste, allowing for customization according to your preference.
- 1/8 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce a secret ingredient for adding a complex umami depth, elevating the overall taste profile of the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper until well combined.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with your favorite wings or fries as a dipping sauce.
Calories: 149, Total Fat: 15.4g, Saturated Fat: 1.7g, Trans fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 317mg, Carbohydrates: 4.9g, Fiber: 0.2g, Sugars 3.8g, Protein 0.6 g
What to serve with zaxby’s dipping sauce?
The dipping sauce is perfect for wings, nuggets, fries, or vegetable sticks! It can also be used as a sandwich spread. Many people love to use it as a dip for chicken tenders or even on a grilled cheese sandwich.
How to store leftover zaxby’s dipping sauce?
Leftover zaxby’s dipping sauce can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. To extend its shelf life, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely consume zaxby’s dipping sauce. However, this sauce is high in fat, so limit your intake if you’re pregnant. Additionally, it is always best to consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet during pregnancy.
What is Zaxby’s dipping sauce made of?
Zaxby’s dipping sauce is a condiment made with mayonnaise, ketchup and other spices and seasonings. It has a creamy texture and a mild flavor that pairs perfectly with chicken strips, fries and other fried foods.
Is Zaxby’s sauce gluten-free?
Zaxby’s dipping sauce is gluten-free and suitable for a gluten-free diet.
Can I adjust the flavor?
Sure! You can adjust the flavors as desired by adding more garlic powder, hot sauce or cayenne pepper.
Is this dip healthy?
This dip is relatively high in fat, so it should be consumed in moderation. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, try making your dip with Greek yogurt or mayonnaise mixed with herbs and spices.
Zaxby’s dipping sauce is a classic dip that can be used to accompany your favorite wings, nuggets, or fries! It’s creamy and flavorful and easy to make with just a few pantry staples. Adjust the flavorings according to your taste preference for an even tastier experience.
Thanks for reading this guide on how to make Zaxby’s dipping sauce! Enjoy your delicious dip!
Please share your experience in the comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts! Happy Cooking!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Din Tai Fung – Noodles with Sesame Sauce
- Hungarian Langos Recipe (Fried Bread with Cheese & Sour Cream)
- Olive Tapenade Hummus
- How to make chamoy rim paste
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.