Last Updated on July 4, 2023
Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce is one of the most popular sauces at Applebee’s restaurants across the United States. It’s an incredible blend of sweet and spicy flavors that goes great with a variety of dishes.
This recipe will help you recreate the same delicious taste right in your own kitchen, saving you time and money! But remember, making your own version of the Sweet Asian Chili sauce is sure to be as good or even better than the original recipe. Please follow the recipe instructions sequentially.
Table of Contents
What Is Applebee’s sweet Asian chili sauce?
Applebees Sweet Asian Chili sauce is a delicious and flavorful condiment that is pretty much difficult to resist. It is made with various ingredients like garlic, sugar, water, vinegar, and chili peppers. The sauce combines these ingredients to create a sweet and spicy blend of flavors that is perfect for enhancing the taste of many dishes, from stir-fries to salads.
Where Did I First Try Applebee’s sweet Asian chili sauce?
I first tried Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce on a trip to the USA where I visited one of Applebee’s shops. The sauce was served with a side of chicken strips and it was absolutely delicious. I remember the taste being sweet and spicy, but also slightly tangy.
Ever since then, I’ve been hooked on the flavor and have been trying to recreate it in my own kitchen. Besides, having the store-bought version of this sauce is expensive.
However, ever since I’ve discovered this recipe, I can have the same delicious sauce at home without breaking the bank. Eventually, after several trials, I was able to perfect my own version.
You can also read the following Sauces Recipes:
- Recipe for Torchy’s Poblano Sauce
- Recipe for La Victoria Orange Sauce
- Recipe for Colonial Dressing by Bob Evans
- Taco time sauce recipe
- Dry chili: 4 pieces of dry chilies are essential to make sauce. This chili is the source of spiciness in the recipe. You can use any type of chilies you have in your pantry.
- Cornflour: 1 tablespoon of cornflour helps thicken the sauce, making it more flavorful and creamy.
- Water: To prepare this Sweet Asian Chili sauce, you need 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of additional water.
- Sugar: ⅓ cup of sugar is essential to make the sauce sweet. You can use white granulated sugar or brown sugar in this recipe.
- Vinegar: In addition to the sweetness from sugar, ⅓ cup of vinegar will give a slight tanginess to the sauce.
- Garlic: To further enhance the flavor, 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic is added.
- Salt: A pinch of salt helps balance out all the flavors in this dish.
Heat a pot over medium heat and add 1 cup of water to it. Place 4 pieces of dry chili into the boiling water and let them boil for about 10 minutes or until they become soft.
Once the chilies are boiled, remove them from the heat and transfer them to a blender machine. Blend them until they become a paste and keep aside.
Take another small bowl and add 1 tbsp of cornflour to it. Add 2 tbsp of water and mix them well until there are no lumps. Keep aside.
In the same pot, add the chili paste, ⅓ cup of sugar, ⅓ cup of vinegar and 1 tbsp of chopped garlic. Cook the mixture over medium heat and stir it continuously for about 10 minutes until it starts to bubble.
Now add the cornflour mixture to the pot and mix them together well. Let it cook for another 5-10 minutes or until it thick. Lastly, add ¼ tsp of salt to the mixture and stir them well. Let the sauce cook for another 2-3 minutes before turning off the heat.
Serve your homemade Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce hot with some crispy fried snacks!
Making your own version of Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce requires heat and patience! Here are some tips to ensure a successful outcome:
• Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature before you begin. This will help all the flavors blend together better.
• Don’t overcook the sauce. It should be thick and creamy, but not too thick.
• Taste the sauce as you go along so that it is tailored to your desired level of sweetness, spiciness, and tanginess.
• Serve the sauce immediately or store it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to a week.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have all the ingredients mentioned above, you can still make a delicious version of this sauce by making some substitutions.
• You can use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar if you want to go for a healthier option.
• If you don’t have cornflour at home, you can use all-purpose flour or arrowroot powder instead.
• If you don’t have vinegar, you can also substitute it with lemon juice.
• Lastly, if you want to reduce the spiciness of the sauce, you can replace the dry chilies with red bell pepper or jalapenos.
Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili Sauce Recipe
- Burner or heat stove
- Small bowl
- Blender machine
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring Cup
- Boiling Pot
- Chopping board
- 1 cup of water
- 4 pieces of dry chili
- 1 tbsp of cornflour
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp of sal
- Heat a pot over medium heat and add 1 cup of water to it. Place 4 pieces of dry chili into the boiling water and let them boil for about 10 minutes or until they become soft.
- Once the chilies are boiled, remove them from the heat and transfer them to a blender machine. Blend them until they become a paste and keep aside.
- Take another small bowl and add 1 tbsp of cornflour to it. Add 2 tbsp of water and mix them well until there are no lumps. Keep aside.
- In the same pot, add the chili paste, ⅓ cup of sugar, ⅓ cup of vinegar and 1 tbsp of chopped garlic. Cook the mixture over medium heat and stir it continuously for about 10 minutes until it starts to bubble.
- Now add the cornflour mixture to the pot and mix them together well. Let it cook for another 5-10 minutes or until it thick. Lastly, add ¼ tsp of salt to the mixture and stir them well. Let the sauce cook for another 2-3 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Serve your homemade Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce hot with some crispy fried snacks!
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 11 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Sodium: 17mg
How to Store Applebee’s sweet asian chili sauce?
You can store your Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to a week. When you’re ready to use it, simply heat it up in a pot over medium heat. If you’re planning to freeze it, make sure to transfer the sauce into smaller containers or ziplock bags before doing so and thaw it out when you’re ready to use it.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat this dish as long as they are aware of the ingredients used in it. It is always better to check with your doctor before consuming any food.
Can I use other types of chilies?
Yes, you can use other types of chilies such as jalapenos or red bell peppers to give the sauce a different flavor. However, these chilies will not be as spicy as the dry chilies used in this recipe.
Is it gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free as it uses no wheat-based ingredients. However, if you are using a store-bought sauce, then it is best to check the label for any additional ingredients that might contain gluten.
Making a homemade version of Applebee’s Sweet Asian Chili sauce is easy and cost-effective. With the right ingredients, you can make a delicious sauce that has all the flavors of the restaurant version but with fewer calories.
Plus,’s an excellent way to spice up your meals! Try this recipe today and enjoy a sweet and spicy dinner with friends and family.
However, don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family for them to enjoy this amazing sauce too! Thank you for your time.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Smores Shake Copycat Recipe
- Kikkoman Poke Sauce Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Recipe of Kylie Jenner Ramen