Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Bill Miller’s signature green bean is a delicious and simple dish that takes only a few minutes to make. This quick and easy side dish is full of flavor. It goes great with just about any main course and can be served hot or cold.
Whether you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner or an impressive side dish to serve at a party, this Bill Miller green bean is sure to satisfy you.
Read on to learn how to make it and what tips you should keep in mind while cooking & every required detail regarding this dish.
Table of Contents
What is Bill Miller’s Green Bean?
Bill Miller’s signature green bean is a classic dish that is perfect for any occasion. This is one of the popular dishes from the famous restaurant chain Bill Miller’s BBQ.
This is easy to make and full of flavor, thanks to the combination of fresh green beans, bacon, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and seasonings.
This dish is the perfect side dish that is sure to please everyone at the table. Also, it is versatile so you can add your own favorite ingredients to make it your own.
What does it taste like?
Bill Miller’s green bean has a savory and smoky flavor from the bacon combined with sweet onions and tomatoes. The garlic adds an additional depth of flavor that complements the other ingredients perfectly.
The beans also have a slight crunch and are cooked to perfection. The combination of flavors is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
How did I first get introduced to Bill Miller’s Green Bean?
I remember the first time I tried Bill Miller’s green bean. It was when I visited one of their restaurants for the first time with my family. We had gone there to try their famous BBQ, and I noticed that this green bean dish was listed as one of the side dishes.
I decided to give it a try, not expecting much since I’m usually not a fan of green beans. To my surprise, it ended up being one of the best things I had ever tasted!
The smokiness of the bacon combined with the sweetness of the onions and tomatoes was truly fantastic. From then on, I’ve been hooked on this dish and have been looking for ways to recreate it at home.
How to make Bill Miller’s Green Bean?
Making Bill Miller’s green bean at home is very easy; it only takes about 20 minutes. All you need are a few simple ingredients & follow these step-by-step process:
You May Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes:
- Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad Copycat Recipe
- Recipe of Greek Potatoes Jamie Oliver
- Bun Dau Mam Tom Copycat Recipe
- Green beans: This is the star ingredient for this recipe. Look for bright and crisp beans when selecting them from the store.
- Onion: Adds a savory and sweet flavor to the dish, as well as texture.
- Garlic: Gives the dish a good depth of flavor.
- Tomatoes: Add great brightness to this recipe. You can also use canned tomatoes if desired.
- Bacon: Adds a smoky flavor to the dish. Make sure to cook the bacon until it is crispy before adding it in.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper: To taste.
Wash the green beans and trim away any tough ends. Cut into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
Add the onion and garlic to the bacon grease in the skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the green beans and Roma tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir to combine.
Cover the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow the green beans to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Once the green beans are tender, remove from the heat. Stir to combine and serve warm.
• To save time when making this dish, you can buy pre-cooked bacon and skip the cooking step.
• If you don’t have Roma tomatoes, use canned diced or crushed tomatoes.
• For a vegetarian option, replace the bacon with chopped mushrooms or tempeh crumbles.
• If your green beans are particularly large, you can cut them into smaller pieces to make the dish easier to eat.
• For a spicier version, add in some red pepper flakes or fresh chilies.
• The green beans will continue to cook once removed from the heat, so make sure not to overcook them.
Bill Miller’s Green Bean Recipe
- Measuring spoons and cups.
- large pot
- Cutting Board
- Deep frying pan
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup onion
- 3 oz bacon
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash the green beans and trim away any tough ends. Cut into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon grease in the skillet and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the green beans and Roma tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir to combine.
- Cover the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Allow the green beans to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the green beans are tender, remove from the heat. Stir to combine and serve warm.
- To save time when making this dish, you can buy pre-cooked bacon and skip the cooking step.
- If you don’t have Roma tomatoes, use canned diced or crushed tomatoes.
- For a vegetarian option, replace the bacon with chopped mushrooms or tempeh crumbles.
- If your green beans are particularly large, you can cut them into smaller pieces to make the dish easier to eat.
- For a spicier version, add in some red pepper flakes or fresh chilies.
- The green beans will continue to cook once removed from the heat, so make sure not to overcook them.
1 out of 4 servings
Saturated Fat: 3g
Trans Fat: 0.03g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
Monounsaturated Fat: 4g
Vitamin A: 1039IU
Vitamin C: 20mg
What to serve with Bill Miller’s Green Bean?
- This dish goes well with a variety of proteins such as grilled chicken, steak, pork chops, or salmon.
- It also pairs nicely with roasted potatoes and other vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli.
- If you’re looking for a complete meal, this green bean recipe can easily be served alongside some crusty bread topped with melted butter and a side salad.
How to store leftover Bill Miller’s Green Bean?
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, simply place the green beans in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through. Alternatively, you can also microwave them for 1-2 minutes.
The dish can also be frozen for up to 6 months. Make sure to thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely consume Bill Miller’s green bean. However, since it contains bacon, you should make sure to cook it until the bacon is crispy so that any potential bacteria are killed off.
Additionally, avoid adding any additional salt or seasonings to this dish as it could be harmful to pregnant women.
Is Bill Miller’s Green Bean gluten-free?
Yes, this dish is naturally gluten-free as it does not contain any wheat or other gluten products.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe vegan by replacing the bacon with chopped mushrooms or tempeh crumbles and using vegan butter or oil in place of regular butter.
Can I make Bill Miller’s Green Bean ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this dish up to 24 hours in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. To reheat, simply place it in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through. Alternatively, you can also microwave it for 1-2 minutes.
What else can I add to this dish?
You can customize the flavor of this recipe by adding other ingredients such as bell peppers, celery, or mushrooms. You can also add different herbs and spices like cumin, oregano, paprika, or cayenne pepper to give the dish more depth of flavor.
Now you have the perfect guide for Bill Miller’s green bean. This dish is quick and easy to make, yet packed with flavor.
It’s a great way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet and can easily be adapted to suit any dietary restrictions. Give this recipe a try today and you’ll soon understand why it’s become such a classic!
Thank you for reading! We hope this guide has been helpful in teaching you how to make Bill Miller’s green bean. Please share this guide with your friends and family so they can learn how to make this delicious dish, too!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Macaroni Grill Mac and Cheese Copycat Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Turkey Meatloaf Copycat Recipe
- Mango Habanero Scoville Buffalo Wild Wings
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.