Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad is a mouthwatering dish that’s perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as an appetizer.
This flavorful and creamy salad is easy to make and sure to be a hit with your family and friends! The ingredients are simple yet the combination of flavors creates an unforgettable dish.
If you want to try this salad at home, you have come to the right place. Follow this step-by-step guide and learn how to make Ina Garten’s Chicken Curry Salad!
Table of Contents
What is Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad?
Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad is a delicious and flavorful dish from the famous celebrity chef, Ina Garten. This creamy salad is made with chicken, mayonnaise, white wine, chutney, curry powder, celery, scallions, raisins, and cashews.
It’s an easy-to-make meal that’s perfect for any occasion. You can enjoy it as a side dish or even as an entree.
What does it taste like?
Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad has a unique combination of flavors that is sure to please any palate. The chicken adds a hearty and savory flavor, while the mayonnaise provides creaminess.
The chutney and white wine add sweetness and depth of flavor, while the curry powder gives it a pleasantly spicy kick. The crunchy celery and cashews add texture to the dish, while the raisins add a hint of sweetness.
How did I first get introduced to the Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad?
I first got introduced to Ina Garten’s Chicken Curry Salad when I was flipping through her cookbook, Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics. As soon as I read the ingredients I knew it was going to be an amazing dish. The combination of flavors sounded incredible and I couldn’t wait to try it.
I gathered all the ingredients and got to work in the kitchen. As I was cooking, I could smell the aroma of curry and chutney in the air—it was heavenly. When I finished preparing the salad, I was amazed at how delicious it looked. The colors of the vegetables and fruits were vibrant, and the texture was perfectly creamy.
I put a scoop on each plate, and as soon as I took my first bite, I was blown away. The flavors were amazing—the sweetness of the chutney, the savory flavor of the chicken, and the spiciness from the curry powder were a perfect combination. I knew right away that this would be one dish that I would make over and over again.
My family and friends were also impressed by the salad. Everyone was raving about how flavorful and unique it was. This salad quickly became a favorite in my house, and we enjoy it every chance we get!
How to make Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad?
Making Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad is easy and requires minimal effort! Below are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions for this salad:
You May Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes:
- House of prime rib salad dressing recipe
- Jimmy buffett pasta salad
- Recipe of Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- Chicken breast: This is the main ingredient in this recipe, and it’s essential for a hearty and flavorful curry salad.
- Olive oil: For cooking the chicken.
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper: To season the chicken.
- Mayonnaise: This will be used to make the creamy dressing for your curry salad. We recommend Hellman’s for the best results!
- White wine: You’ll need this to add a subtle flavor to your salad.
- Chutney: Major Grey’s is the best choice for this recipe. It adds an amazing depth of flavor and sweetness.
- Curry powder: This will be used to give the salad its delicious curry flavor.
- Celery: Diced celery adds crunch and texture to the salad.
- Scallions: Chopped scallions add a pop of color and flavor.
- Raisins: For sweetness.
- Cashews: You’ll need these for garnish, as well as crunch. Roasted and salted cashews are best!
Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
Pat your chicken breasts dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white wine, chutney, curry powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, combine the diced celery, chopped scallions, raisins, and cashews. Add the cooled chicken to the mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until everything is well combined.
Refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with additional cashews, if desired.
– You can substitute the chicken breasts with boneless, skinless chicken thighs for a different flavor.
– For extra crunch, you can add chopped apples or mangoes to this recipe.
– If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can use apple cider vinegar instead.
Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad Recipe
- large pot
- Cutting Board
- Medium Bowl
- wooden spoon
- 6 splits chicken breasts, bone-in, skin-on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups good mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Pat your chicken breasts dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, white wine, chutney, curry powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced celery, chopped scallions, raisins, and cashews. Add the cooled chicken to the mixture. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix until everything is well combined.
- Refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours before serving. Garnish with additional cashews, if desired.
Serving Size: 1 of 6 servings
- Calories: 784
- Total Fat: 66 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 14 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Cholesterol: 78 mg
- Sodium: 542 mg
What to serve with Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad?
Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad goes great with a variety of sides, making it a great meal for any occasion. Here are some delicious side dishes to serve with this salad:
– Roasted potatoes
– Mashed sweet potatoes
– Steamed vegetables
– Garlic bread
– Fresh fruit
– Aromatic salads
How to store leftover Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad?
It is best to store leftover Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you plan on eating it later, you can also freeze the salad in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then heat up in a skillet over medium heat.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad. As long as the ingredients are fresh and cooked properly, this dish is safe for pregnant women. It is important to ensure that the chicken is cooked through and that it reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (74°C).
It is also important to check all of the ingredients for any potential allergens, as some pregnant women may be more sensitive to certain foods.
Additionally, pregnant women should keep an eye on their sodium intake and opt for lower-sodium ingredients such as lite mayonnaise or lite chutney.
What does curry powder taste like?
Curry powder is a blend of various spices such as turmeric, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, chili pepper, and other herbs. The flavor of curry powder can vary based on the ingredients used, but it generally has an earthy, fragrant, and slightly spicy taste.
Is Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad gluten-free?
Yes, the ingredients used in this recipe are all gluten-free, making it a great option for those who follow a gluten-free diet.
Can I make Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the salad up to 2 days in advance and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We recommend adding the dressing just before serving so the salad doesn’t become too soggy.
Can I substitute Greek yogurt for mayonnaise in this?
Yes, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a healthier version of this dish. The texture and flavor will be slightly different, but it will still be delicious.
Can I use different nuts in this?
Yes, you can substitute the cashews with other nuts such as walnuts, almonds, or pecans for a different flavor profile. You can also add sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for extra crunch!
Are there any vegetarian substitutes for chicken in this?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken with tempeh, tofu, or roasted cauliflower for a vegan & vegetarian version of this dish.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about Ina Garten Chicken Curry Salad! We hope you enjoyed learning all about this delicious dish and that you give it a try in your own kitchen.
Don’t forget to check out our other recipes for more culinary inspiration. If you found this helpful don’t forget to share this article with your family & friends so they can also enjoy it.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Chicken Patty on a Bun Copycat Recipe
- Ina Garten Chicken Cordon Bleu Copycat Recipe
- Jamie Oliver Turkey Meatloaf Copycat Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.