Last Updated on November 15, 2023
Chevy is a Mexican restaurant chain that is known for its delicious salsa. In this article, we will give you the recipe for Chevy’s salsa so that you can make it at home. This recipe has been used around for years and it’s a fan favorite. So, without further worry, try your favorite salsa.
Table of Contents
What is Chevy’s salsa recipe?
Chevy Salsa is a unique and flavorful salsa that is sure to tantalize your taste buds. This vibrant salsa is made with fresh vegetables, slow-cooked for maximum flavor, and then served with tortilla chips for dipping. With just the right blend of spicy and sweet, chevy’s copycat salsa has been a favorite of Mexican food lovers for decades. And, it’s easy to make at home!
How did I get introduced to Chevy’s salsa?
I first tasted Chevy’s salsa when I went to Texas for vacation. My friends and I were out on the town, and we stopped by Chevy for a quick snack. We all loved Chevy’s salsa, so we started buying it by the case to take home with us.
How to Make Smoky Salsa (Chevy’s Salsa)?
Making chevy’s salsa is easy and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. We’ve given you a breakdown of ingredients below and some instructions on how to make it.
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 large onion chopped could be Spanish onion too.
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper powder to taste
Step By Step Instructions To Make Chevy’s Salsa
First, preheat your oven’s broiler to high and then move an empty baking sheet rack closer to the top of the inside of the oven.
Afterward, take your tomatoes, onion slices, and jalapenos and place them on a near-top hot baking sheet.
Put veggies in the oven under the broiler until lightly burned/charred on all sides; this won’t take long.
Once done, remove from heat immediately and let cool before beginning the next step.
To make the salsa, start by removing the stems from the jalapenos and the cores from the tomatoes. Place all of the cooled ingredients into a blender with cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
Blend for around 10 seconds or until it reaches your desired consistency. Once you’ve done that, give it a taste test and see if it needs additional salt or pepper. If so, season to taste.
Then pour the salsa into a container and stick it in the fridge overnight to chill.
Chevys Fresh Mex Salsa Recipe is easy to prepare, and it’s perfect for any occasion. The char-broiled vegetables give the salsa an extra smoky flavor that’s sure to impress your guests. Make sure to adjust the seasonings to your taste preference before serving.
Something important you need to know about delicious chevys salsa recipe.
– Once the salsa sits for a while, the tomatoes will break down. If you left the seeds in, they will make the salsa watery, with a pool of tomato-flavored liquid at the bottom of your bowl. Nobody wants to scoop that onto a chip. So it is better to remove the seeds.
– You don’t have to peel the tomatoes when making salsa. However, some varieties of tomatoes have skins that become tough and bitter during cooking. So, it is better always that take the time to peel. Most fresh tomatoes contain lime juice.
– When the tomatoes have cooled off, you’ll observe that there is quite a bit of liquid left in the bowl. If you add it all back into the salsa, it will become sort of watery.
I chose not to add any back in this time and liked how thick it was. It also thickens as it sits in the fridge, so hold onto that liquid just in case you want to thin it out later.
What Dish Goes best With The Smoky Chevys Salsa?
The smoky Chevy’s Salsa is a delicious and flavorful addition to any meal. No doubt that the best combination is chips & salsa. It is a great way to spice up tacos, burritos, nachos, and chicken quesadillas, beef Enchilada or even just to add flavor to plain tortilla chips or hand-rolled pork Tamale or crispy beef Taco.
But it can also be used in other dishes as well. For example, it could be used as a topping for grilled meats or fish, added to scrambled eggs or omelets, mixed into salads or quinoa bowls, and even used as a flavorful stir-fry sauce.
How To store chevy’s salsa?
After the preparation of delicious chevy salsa recipe you may care about its storage process. Salsa is a very versatile food, but an unopened jar can last in the fridge for weeks or months.
The shelf life of salsa also depends on the ingredients used. For example, some salsas might be best stored on a shelf, while others need to stay in the fridge or the freezer.
Storing Chevy’s Salsa is a simple and straightforward task that requires little time to complete.
To ensure the best quality for your salsa, it is recommended to be stored in an airtight container, such as a mason jar, in the refrigerator.
You can also freeze Chevy’s Salsa for up to three months if you are looking to keep it for a longer period of time.
If you find that the salsa has separated, simply stir to recombine it before serving. Chevy’s Salsa can be enjoyed as is or used as an ingredient in your favorite Mexican dishes.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes! Chevy’s Salsa is made with all-natural ingredients and does not contain any added preservatives or additives. As long as pregnant women are moderating their portions, this salsa can be a tasty snack that won’t compromise their health.
And of course, Chevy’s Salsa is always gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly! So, go ahead and indulge in Chevy’s Salsa knowing you’re making a healthy choice.
Chevy’s Salsa Recipe
- grill pan
- Food processor
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper lending a bold and zesty twist, complementing the other ingredients and adding a touch of complexity.
- 1/8 tablespoons of fresh cilantro finely chopped, infusing the salsa with its bright and herbaceous notes, elevating the freshness of each bite.
- 1 lb of juicy ripe fresh tomatoes, bursting with vibrant flavor and natural sweetness, creating a rich and tangy base for the salsa.
- 1 teaspoon of salt bringing out the natural flavors of each ingredient and balancing the overall taste profile with its savory essence.
- 1/2 large onion thinly sliced to add a subtle crunch and a hint of pungency, enhancing the overall depth of flavors.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic minced, releasing its aromatic allure and infusing the salsa with a subtle yet distinct garlicky undertone, enhancing the overall depth of flavor.
- 1 jalapeno pepper providing a fiery kick and a touch of smokiness, adding a delightful heat that tantalizes the taste buds.
- First, preheat your oven’s broiler to high and then move an empty baking sheet rack closer to the top of the inside of the oven.
- Afterward, take your tomatoes, onion slices, and jalapenos and place them on a near-top hot baking sheet.
- Put veggies in the oven under the broiler until lightly burned/charred on all sides; this won’t take long.
- Once done, remove from heat immediately and let cool before beginning the next step
- To make the salsa, start by removing the stems from the jalapenos and the cores from the tomatoes. Place all of the cooled ingredients into a blender with cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Blend for around 10 seconds or until it reaches your desired consistency. Once you’ve done that, give it a taste test and see if it needs additional salt or pepper. If so, season to taste.
- Then pour the salsa into a container and stick it in the fridge overnight to chill. Chevys fresh Mex Salsa Recipe is easy to prepare, and it’s perfect for any occasion. The char-broiled vegetables give the salsa an extra smoky flavor that’s sure to impress your guests. Make sure to adjust the seasonings to your taste preference before serving.
There are 20 calories in a 3 oz bowl of Chevy’s Fresh Mex Salsa which includes 20% protein, 0% fat, and 80% carb.
This low-calorie salsa is a healthy and flavorful way to add some flair to your favorite meals. Chevy’s Salsa is packed with rich flavors and vibrant colors that will tantalize the taste buds while providing essential nutrients and vitamins. The calorie count is low enough.
You Also Might Like These Recipes!
- Kikkoman teriyaki sauce marinade recipes
- Pollo tropical copycat chicken
- Copycat cheesecake factory miso salmon
- Harolds mild sauce recipe
- How to make chuys salsa
Thanks for taking the time to make Chevy’s salsa! We can guarantee that you and your loved ones will love the smoky flavor this spicy salsa brings. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out.