Last Updated on August 18, 2023
Are you bored with regular rice? If yes, then you must try chicken broth rice. The best thing about this dish is you can make it in your rice cooker. Chicken Broth Rice Cooker is a simple easy-to-make dish and delicious one-pot meal.
It requires very few ingredients, minimal effort, and just a few minutes of your time to prepare this hearty dish. This meal packs an amazing punch of protein, flavor, and texture that will satisfy your taste buds.
However, do you want to learn how to make this incredibly simple and delicious dish? Then keep reading! We might have the perfect recipe for this dish.
Table of Contents
What Is a chicken broth rice cooker?
Chicken Broth Rice Cooker Recipe is a delightful one-pan meal that is cooked in a rice cooker. It gives a unique flavor & texture to your regular rice. This budget-friendly dish has just the right blend of proteins, vegetables, and seasonings that make it both delicious and nutritious.
Also, you can add extra spices & vegetables as your preference. If you had a busy day or having a rush, it is the perfect dinner to make for your family when you are short on time or ingredients.
Where Did I First Try chicken broth rice cooker?
I was first introduced to this delicious dish while visiting my aunt’s house for dinner. She had made it the day before and served it with a fresh salad. I remember thinking how amazing this dish tasted and how easy it was to make.
I asked her about the ingredients and cooking process, and she gave me detailed instructions on how to make it. After trying it for the first time, I immediately knew this would become one of my favorite recipes to make.
Since then, I have been making chicken broth rice cooker recipes every few weeks for dinner. It is such a simple and healthy meal that can be cooked quickly and easily in your favorite rice cooker. Plus, you can make it as nutritious or as flavorful as you like.
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- 2 cups rice: It is the main ingredient for this dish and provides the base for the flavor.
- 1/2 cup diced carrots: This adds a sweet flavor to the recipe as well as nutritional value.
- 1/2 cup frozen peas: These provide texture and a pop of green color to the dish.
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers: They add a crunchy texture and a hint of sweetness.
- 2 cups chicken broth: This is used to help cook the rice and provide flavor.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter: This adds richness and flavor to the dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt: Salt brings out all the flavors in the recipe.
First, clean the rice, and then rinse it in a fine strainer or colander.
Add in the chicken broth, salt, and rinsed rice. Stir until everything is combined. Make sure the rice is covered with chicken broth evenly.
Add olive oil or butter. For extra nutrients & flavor add some vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and frozen peas onions.
Put everything in the rice cooker. Cover with a lid and let it on. Wait until the rice is cooked in the cooker. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
Fluff the cooked rice smoothly & serve it with some meat, salad or vegetable.
• You can use vegetable, beef, or chicken broth to make this recipe.
• If you want to add more flavor, try adding some herbs and spices such as garlic powder or onion powder.
• Feel free to adjust the amount of vegetables used in the recipe according to your taste preferences.
• For an added crunch, top with toasted nuts or seeds.
• If you like your rice a bit softer, add 1/4 cup of broth and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have chicken broth on hand, you can substitute it with vegetable stock or even water. However, keep in mind that the flavor may be more subtle without the broth.
You can also replace some of the vegetables in this dish with other vegetables such as diced celery or green beans. If you want a heartier meal, you can also add in some cooked protein such as chicken or shrimp.
Finally, if you don’t have a rice cooker, you can make this dish on the stovetop by following the same steps outlined above. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Chicken Broth Rice Cooker Recipe
- rice cooker
- 2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- First, clean the rice, and then rinse it in a fine strainer or colander.
- Add in the chicken broth, salt, and rinsed rice. Stir until everything is combined. Make sure the rice is covered with chicken broth evenly.
- Add olive oil or butter. For extra nutrients & flavor add some vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and frozen peas onions.
- Put everything in the rice cooker. Cover with a lid and let it on. Wait until the rice is cooked in the cooker. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the cooked rice smoothly & serve it with some meat, salad or vegetable.
- You can use vegetable, beef, or chicken broth to make this recipe.
- If you want to add more flavor, try adding some herbs and spices such as garlic powder or onion powder.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of vegetables used in the recipe according to your taste preferences.
- For an added crunch, top with toasted nuts or seeds.
- If you like your rice a bit softer, add 1/4 cup of broth and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
One serving of this dish contains approximately:
- 300 kcal,
- 5.2 grams of fat,
- 46.2 grams of carbohydrates,
- 5.3 grams of protein, and
- 2.6 grams of fiber
How to Store Leftover chicken broth rice cooker?
If you have any leftovers of this dish, store them in a container, make sure the container is airtight, and keep them in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3 days when stored properly. If you want to reheat it, simply microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat this chicken broth rice cooker recipe. It is a healthy and nutritious meal that provides protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. Additionally, it is high in vitamins A & C which are important for growing babies. However, pregnant women should be aware of the salt content of this dish as too much may not be suitable during pregnancy. It is best to consult with a doctor or dietician before consuming this dish during pregnancy.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this dish vegan by substituting the chicken broth for vegetable broth and omitting butter or olive oil. Additionally, you can add in extra vegetables like tofu or tempeh to make it a protein-rich meal.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, as long as you use gluten-free rice and chicken broth, this recipe is suitable for those with gluten sensitivities. Even though this dish does not contain gluten, always double-check the labels on all ingredients to be sure.
If you are bored with the regular rice meal, this delicious and easy-to-make chicken broth rice cooker recipe is a great option for a quick and nutritious meal.
Whether you’re looking for something to feed your family on busy nights or just want to enjoy an easy dinner, this recipe is sure to please.
Plus, it can be easily customized to suit any dietary preference or taste. Try it today and see how much you love it! Please share this recipe with your friends and family.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Peach Cobbler Donut Copycat Recipe
- Chick Fil A Ice Cream Copycat Recipe
- Okazuya Long Rice Copycat Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.