Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Chicken Tampiquena is a Mexican dish. The flavors combine to create an incredibly flavorful dish that is sure to become a family favorite!
This is easy to make. It’s sure to become a regular on your dinner table! If you are looking for a way to spice up your dinner table, this Chicken Tampiquena is the perfect option.
By following the instructions below, you can learn how to make the perfect Chicken Tampiquena. The steps are easy to follow and will have you enjoying a delicious meal in no time!
Table of Contents
What is Chicken Tampiquena?
Chicken Tampiquena is a traditional Mexican dish featuring chicken breasts as the main ingredient. It’s cooked in a flavorful sauce that includes onions, garlic, chili peppers, tomatoes, and tomato paste.
The flavors combine to create an incredibly delicious meal that can be served with sides of your choice.
What does it taste like?
Chicken Tampiquena has a unique, delicious flavor that is packed with savory elements. The chicken is tender and juicy while the sauce is rich and flavorful.
The onions, garlic, chili peppers, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste provide an earthy background to the dish while still allowing the subtle flavors of the chicken to come through. It’s truly a perfect combination of savory and spicy flavors.
How did I first get introduced to the Chicken Tampiquena?
I first came across Chicken Tampiquena when I was visiting First Mexico a few years ago. The locals kept raving about how delicious it was, so I decided to give it a try. When I walked into the restaurant, the aroma of all the spices and herbs immediately hit me. It smelled heavenly!
The server brought out a plate that was overflowing with chicken, onions, garlic, chili peppers, tomatoes, and a tomato paste sauce. It looked absolutely delicious! I couldn’t wait to dig in.
The first bite was even better than it smelled.
The flavor that the combination of spices created was amazing. The chicken was perfectly cooked and so tender and juicy. The sauce was rich and flavorful without being overly spicy.
I was hooked on Chicken Tampiquena from that day forward and have been making it ever since. It’s a perfect dish for any night of the week!
How to make Chicken Tampiquena?
Making Chicken Tampiquena is easy and only takes a few minutes. All you need to do is the ingredients & follow the simple steps below:
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- Captain George’s Seafood Casserole Copycat Recipe
- Cheesecake Factory Farfalle Garlic (Copycat Recipe)
- Pioneer Woman Swiss Steak Copycat Recipe
- Chicken Breast: This is the main ingredient in this recipe. You can use either boneless, skinless chicken breast or bone-in for a more flavorful dish.
- Olive Oil: This will be used to sauté the onions and garlic before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Onion: This provides flavor and texture to the dish. It should be diced into small pieces.
- Garlic: You will need two cloves of garlic minced for this recipe. It adds a nice flavor and aroma to the dish.
- Chili Pepper: This is optional but can be added for those who want to spice up their Chicken Tampiquena. It should be diced into small pieces as well.
- Diced Tomatoes: This provides a nice tomato base for the dish. You can use either canned or fresh diced tomatoes.
- Tomato Paste: This will help thicken up the sauce and also provide more flavor to the dish.
- Chili Powder: This adds a nice depth of flavor and some heat to the Chicken Tampiquena.
- Cumin: Another optional ingredient, but it adds a nice smoky flavor to the dish.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add chili pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin and stir to combine.
Add chicken breast and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with your favorite sides.
• Use skin-on chicken breast for extra flavor.
• If you like your food spicy, add an extra chili pepper or a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
• Feel free to serve the Chicken Tampiquena with a side salad or some tortillas.
• If you don’t want to use chicken, substitute with pork or beef.
• For a creamy sauce, add a can of cream of mushroom soup at the end.
Chicken Tampiquena Recipe
- wooden spoon
- Cutting Board
- 1 Pound Chicken Breast, Boneless, and Skinless
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Chili Pepper, Diced
- 1 Can (14.5 Ounces) of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chili pepper and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin and stir to combine.
- Add chicken breast and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sides.
- Use skin-on chicken breast for extra flavor.
- If you like your food spicy, add an extra chili pepper or a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Feel free to serve the Chicken Tampiquena with a side salad or some tortillas.
- If you don’t want to use chicken, substitute with pork or beef.
- For a creamy sauce, add a can of cream of mushroom soup at the end.
Serving Size: 1 Chicken Breast with Sauce
Calories: 400 kcal
Fat: 12 G
Saturated Fat: 2.5 G
Unsaturated Fat: 9.5 G
Trans Fat: 0 G
Cholesterol: 145 Mg
Sodium: 480 Mg
Potassium: 860 Mg
Carbohydrates: 9 G
Fiber: 2 G
Sugar: 4 G
Protein: 63 G
What to serve with Chicken Tampiquena?
This delicious dish can be served with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas:
• Rice: White rice, brown rice, jasmine rice, and basmati rice-all offer a great accompaniment to Chicken Tampiquena.
• Vegetables: Roasted or lightly sautéed vegetables like zucchini or bell peppers are a great addition to the dish.
• Legumes: Try adding black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, or chickpeas for extra protein and fiber.
• Salad: A simple green salad is a must-have side dish that can be dressed up in whatever way you like.
• Tortillas: Soft flour or corn tortillas are rice all-time favorites and perfect for wrapping up your Chicken Tampiquare riceena.
• Salsa: A spicy salsa makes a great condiment to top off your dish.
• Guacamole: Cool, creamy guacamole is always a welcome addition!
How to store leftover Chicken Tampiquena?
Leftover Chicken Tampiquena will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Store it in an airtight container or resealable bag and make sure it’s labeled with the date.
To reheat, simply place in a skillet over medium heat until warmed through. You can also freeze Chicken Tampiquena for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in a skillet.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely enjoy Chicken Tampiquena. However, it is recommended to limit your intake of chili pepper as too much spice can cause discomfort.
It’s important to make sure the chicken is cooked through and not undercooked. Pregnant women should avoid consuming raw or undercooked meat and poultry.
Is Chicken Tampiquena gluten-free?
Yes, Chicken Tampiquena is naturally gluten-free.
Can I substitute the chicken for another protein?
Yes, you can substitute the chicken for pork or beef. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Is Chicken Tampiquena a healthy option?
Yes, Chicken Tampiquena can be a healthy option as it’s high in protein and low in fat. It also contains important vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, iron, and magnesium. Make sure to watch your portion sizes as it can be high in calories.
Thank you for reading our guide on Chicken Tampiquena. As you can see, this dish is easy to make and incredibly delicious!
It’s the perfect meal for any night of the week and is sure to be a hit with your family. We hope you enjoyed learning about this Mexican classic and give it a try!
Please share this article if you found it helpful!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!