Last Updated on November 25, 2023
Golden corral chocolate chess pie is a decadent treat that features an irresistible combination of cocoa, butter, sugar, and eggs. It’s perfect for any occasion!
Whether you’re treating family or friends to a delicious dessert or simply want something special for yourself, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
Besides, it’s surprisingly easy to make and doesn’t take long at all – so you can enjoy freshly made pie in no time.
In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about the Golden corral chocolate chess pie recipe – including what it tastes like and how you can make your own at home! We’ll also provide some useful tips and nutrition information and answer a few common questions.
Table of Contents
What is Golden corral chocolate chess pie?
Golden corral chocolate chess pie is a classic dessert that features rich, fudgy flavors. It’s made with cocoa powder, butter, sugar, and evaporated milk, as well as eggs, to create a custard-like texture. The finished product is served warm or chilled – whichever you prefer – and can be topped with whipped cream or your favorite ice cream.
What does it taste like?
Golden corral chocolate chess pie boasts a smooth and creamy texture, with decadent chocolate flavors that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
The cocoa powder adds a lovely depth of flavor while the sugar adds just enough sweetness. In addition, the custard-like texture makes the pie irresistibly soft and comforting.
How did I first get introduced to Golden corral chocolate chess pie?
I was first introduced to golden corral chocolate chess pie at a Golden corral shop. The taste was so different from anything else I had ever tried, and it was an instant hit with me! After that, I had to learn how to make it myself, and now it’s one of my favorite desserts!
You can also checkout the following dessert Recipe :
How to make Golden corral chocolate chess pie?
Making this chocolate chess pie is easy, and the results are worth it! Here’s what you need to do:
- Unsalted Butter: Unsalted butter is a key ingredient in the pie crust and filling. It provides richness and contributes to the flaky texture of the crust and the smoothness of the filling.
- Salt: Salt enhances the overall flavor of both the pie crust and filling. In baked goods, a small amount of salt helps balance sweetness and intensify other flavors.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is the source of chocolate flavor in the filling. It contributes a deep, rich chocolatey taste to the pie.
- Eggs at Room Temperature: Eggs serve as a binding and leavening agent in the filling. They contribute to the structure and texture of the pie while providing moisture.
- Vanilla: Vanilla enhances the overall flavor of the pie, adding a warm and sweet aroma. It complements the chocolate and contributes to the dessert’s complexity.
- Evaporated Milk: Evaporated milk adds creaminess and richness to the filling. It also contributes to the smooth and velvety texture of the chocolate chess pie.
- Sugar: Sugar is a primary sweetener in both the pie crust and filling. It adds sweetness to the dessert, complementing the rich chocolate flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is often used in pie fillings to thicken and bind the ingredients. It helps create a cohesive and sliceable texture for the chocolate chess pie.
- One 9-inch Pie Crust: The pie crust serves as the base for the chocolate chess pie. It provides structure and a buttery, flaky foundation for the rich and chocolatey filling.
- Whipped Cream: Whipped cream is a delightful topping that adds a light and airy texture to each slice. It complements the richness of the pie and provides a contrast in both flavor and consistency.
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar, salt, and cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
Slowly add the evaporated milk, whisking as you pour to ensure it’s combined with the other ingredients.
Crack open the eggs and add them one at a time, whisking each in thoroughly before adding the next. Add the vanilla and stir until everything is smooth and combined.
Transfer the mixture to the unbaked pie crust and spread evenly with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the top of the pie.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool before serving with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
• To get the perfect texture, whisk all ingredients together thoroughly and ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
• If you find the edges of your pie are browning too quickly, try covering them with foil or a pie shield.
• For an extra special touch, sprinkle some chocolate chips over top before baking if desired.
Golden Corral Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe
- 2 large eggs at room temperature contributing to the moist and tender texture of the dessert, binding the ingredients together and adding richness and structure.
- 3/4 cup of Sugar providing a sweet and caramelized taste that forms the foundation of the dessert, adding a delightful sweetness to every bite.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder infusing the dessert with a deep and intense chocolate flavor, adding richness and a hint of bitterness that balances the sweetness.
- 1/6 tablespoons of creamy and indulgent Unsalted Butter melting into the mixture and imparting a rich and buttery flavor that adds depth and richness to the dessert.
- 1 tablespoon of All-Purpose Flour adding structure and thickness to the dessert, ensuring a dense and satisfying texture.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla adding a warm and aromatic note that enhances the overall flavor profile, providing a delightful and fragrant essence to the dessert.
- Whipped Cream a luscious and creamy topping that adds a light and airy texture to the dessert, providing a contrast to the rich and decadent flavors. It lends a touch of indulgence and a delightful creaminess that completes the dessert.
- Half of a 9-inch Pie Crust forming a buttery and flaky base for the dessert, adding a delightful crunch and complementing the rich chocolate filling.
- 1/4 cup of creamy and luscious Evaporated Milk enriching the dessert with a velvety and smooth texture, adding a subtle sweetness and depth of flavor.
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt enhancing the overall flavor profile by balancing the sweetness and adding a subtle savory note that complements the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar, salt, and cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
- Slowly add the evaporated milk, whisking as you pour to ensure it’s combined with the other ingredients.
- Crack open the eggs and add them one at a time, whisking each in thoroughly before adding the next. Add the vanilla and stir until everything is smooth and combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the unbaked pie crust and spread evenly with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour over the top of the pie.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the center is set. Let cool before serving with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
• Calories: 343
• Fat: 16 g
• Protein: 5 g
• Carbs: 44 g
What to serve with Golden corral chocolate chess pie?
This decadent dessert is perfect when served warm, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce. It can also be served with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream and some fresh fruit.
How to store leftover Golden corral chocolate chess pie?
Any remaining slices can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Alternatively, you can wrap each slice individually in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, as long as you take care not to consume any raw or undercooked eggs in the recipe. If you are concerned about consuming raw eggs, then skip adding them altogether and the pie will still be delicious.
Can I make this pie ahead of time?
Yes, you can assemble the pie up to one day in advance and store it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
What type of crust should I use for this recipe?
You can use either a pre-made store-bought crust or a homemade pie crust.
Does this pie need to be refrigerated?
No, it does not need to be refrigerated after baking.
Thanks for reading this guide on the golden corral chocolate chess pie recipe. I hope you’ve found this recipe helpful and interesting.
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can have this delicious treat on the table in no time. Be sure to store any leftovers in an airtight container and they will stay fresh for days.
Moreover, you can serve it with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and some fresh fruit to perfectly accompany this delightful dessert.
Please share this recipe with your friends and family, and let us know how it turns out for you in the comments below!
Sharing is caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Four cheese pasta recipe from the Cheesecake Factory
- Recipe for Lupe Tortilla Fajitas
- Making Pina Colada Mousse
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.