Last Updated on November 2, 2023
If you’re looking for an amazing lasagna recipe, look no further than Gordon Ramsay’s delicious version. This meal is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and will make an impressive centerpiece for any dinner table.
With its rich and flavorful beef mixture, creamy cheese sauce, and perfectly cooked lasagna sheets, this lasagna is sure to be a hit! Plus, it’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients.
In this article, I will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to make Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna, as well as tips and tricks for ensuring success.
Table of Contents
What is Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna?
Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna is a delicious and hearty Italian dish that will be sure to please the whole family. It features layers of lasagna pasta sheets, a savory beef mixture, and a creamy cheese sauce.
It is then baked until golden and bubbly, for an impressive meal that is sure to impress. This is the perfect dish for any dinner party, or just a cozy night in.
What does it taste like?
This lasagna is filled with a ric and flavorful beef mixture combined with the perfect blend of spices. The cheese sauce adds a creamy texture that pairs wonderfully with the lasagna sheets.
The combination of the beef and cheese creates a unique flavor profile that is sure to be a hit with everyone.
How did I first get introduced to Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna?
I first heard about Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna from my friend who is a huge fan of the celebrity chef. She had been raving about his recipes for weeks, and she finally convinced me to give it a try. I had never tried lasagna before so I was definitely hesitant but I decided to give it a shot. I’m so glad I did – it was absolutely delicious!
The dish is prepared with ground beef, garlic, bay leaf, tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, milk, and cheese. Everything was cooked perfectly, resulting in a flavorful and savory lasagna.
The layers of pasta were cooked to perfection and the cheese sauce was creamy and delightful. I was so impressed with the end result and knew that it was a recipe I would definitely make again.
I have been making Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna for years now, and it is always a hit with my guests. Everyone loves the flavor of the beef mixture combined with the creamy cheese sauce.
It looks impressive yet requires minimal effort to prepare, making it great for any occasion. I always get requests for the recipe, and I’m proud to share it with everyone!
I’m so grateful that my friend introduced me to Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna. It has become one of our favorite dishes, and I am sure it will be enjoyed by generations to come. It is a testament to the skill of the celebrity chef, and I’m sure everyone who tries this will be impressed.
How to make Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna?
Making Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna is an easy and straightforward process. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step instructions you will need:
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- Beef Broccoli Copycat Recipe Hawaii
- Chicken Tikka Masala Copycat Recipe
- Recipe for Chicken Tampiquena
- Onion: this adds a sweet flavor to the dish.
- Olive oil: this helps to cook the meat.
- Ground beef: this gives a nice juicy flavor and texture to the dish.
- Garlic: this adds an aromatic and pungent taste.
- Bay leaf: this adds an earthy note to the dish.
- Tomato paste: this provides a rich tomato flavor.
- Tomato: this gives a juicy and fresh taste.
- Dried oregano: this adds an herby and aromatic flavor to the dish.
- Worcestershire sauce: this adds a hint of sweetness and tanginess to the dish.
- Red wine: this helps to tenderize the meat and add a deep, rich flavor.
- Milk: this helps to make the sauce creamy and smooth.
- Salt and pepper: this help to bring out all the flavors in the dish.
- Milk: this makes the sauce creamy and silky.
- Flour: this helps to thicken the sauce.
- Butter: this adds richness to the sauce.
- Cheddar cheese: this adds a nutty flavor and melts nicely.
- Parmesan cheese: this adds a salty and savory taste.
- Nutmeg: this adds fragrant notes to the sauce.
- Lasagna pasta sheets: these provide the structure of the dish.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and garlic and cook until the meat is no longer pink about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the bay leaf, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, Worcester sauce, and red wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a separate pan, heat milk over medium-high heat until steaming but not boiling. Whisk in the flour and butter until smooth. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg. Cook until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
Spoon a small layer of sauce onto the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish. Place lasagna sheets on top of the sauce. Layer with half of the beef mixture, followed by half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until lasagna is golden and bubbly.
Allow to cool before serving with your favorite vegetables and/or salad.
– Make sure to cook the beef mixture for long enough, so that it is completely cooked through.
– Use fresh lasagna sheets if you can; this will help give your lasagna the best texture and flavor.
– Add a pinch of chili flakes to give the dish a little bit of heat.
– If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also add a few tablespoons of pesto to the beef mixture for additional flavor.
Gordon Ramsay Lasagna Recipe
- Baking Tray
- large saucepan
For the Lasagna:
- 1/4 of a medium-sized sweet and aromatic onion, finely chopped to enhance the overall flavor profile.
- 1 clove of pungent garlic minced, infusing the dish with its distinct aroma and taste.
- 150 g of high-quality tender beef, ground to perfection, ensuring a hearty and savory filling.
- 1/2 tablespoon of concentrated tomato paste intensifying the tomato flavor and adding depth to the sauce.
- 200 g of ripe juicy tomatoes, freshly diced for a burst of freshness and natural sweetness.
- 1 tablespoon of rich and fruity extra virgin olive oil adding a luscious depth to the sauce.
- 1/2 bay leaf imparting a subtle herbal note to the sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of robust red wine adding a touch of sophistication and depth to the sauce.
- A pinch of aromatic dried oregano enhancing the Italian essence of the dish.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper expertly measured to balance the flavors and add a touch of warmth.
- 1/2 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce providing a hint of umami and complexity to the sauce.
- 25 ml of creamy milk lending a smooth and velvety texture to the filling.
- 3 sheets of lasagna pasta carefully layered to create a satisfying texture and structure for the dish.
For the Sauce:
- 150 ml of creamy milk ensuring a rich and indulgent base for the sauce.
- 12.5 g of butter melted to perfection, infusing the sauce with a luxurious, buttery flavor.
- 15 g of savory Parmesan cheese grated finely for a nutty and salty kick.
- 30 g of sharp and tangy cheddar cheese grated to perfection, providing a bold cheese flavor.
- 12.5 g of finely milled flour acting as a thickening agent and adding a velvety consistency to the sauce.
- A pinch of aromatic nutmeg grated fresh for a warm and fragrant note, elevating the sauce to a gourmet level.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add in the ground beef and garlic and cook until the meat is no longer pink about 8-10 minutes. Stir in the bay leaf, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, oregano, Worcester sauce, and red wine. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, heat milk over medium-high heat until steaming but not boiling. Whisk in the flour and butter until smooth. Reduce heat to low and whisk in the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg. Cook until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon a small layer of sauce onto the bottom of an oven-safe baking dish. Place lasagna sheets on top of the sauce. Layer with half of the beef mixture, followed by half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until lasagna is golden and bubbly.
- Allow to cool before serving with your favorite vegetables and/or salad.
Calories: 602 kcal
Carbohydrates: 33 g
Protein: 25 g
Fat: 36 g
Saturated Fat: 15.9 g
Cholesterol: 88 mg
Sodium: 748 mg
Potassium 567 mg
Fiber 3.4 g
What to serve with Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna?
Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna is delicious and served with a side of steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, or green beans. It can also be served with a fresh salad and some crusty garlic bread for the perfect meal.
The leftovers make for a great lunch option that you can take on the go! The dish can also be served with a dollop of ricotta cheese alongside it for an extra creamy texture.
Ricotta adds a slight sweetness to contrast the savory flavor of the lasagna. If you prefer, you can also top it with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for an extra cheesy bite!
How to store leftover Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna?
Leftover Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. It is best to reheat it in the oven at 350°F until it is warmed through.
If you want to freeze the leftovers, make sure to cool the lasagna completely before transferring it into a zip-top bag or airtight container.
It can be frozen for up to 3 months and reheated in the oven at 350°F until it is warmed through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna. However, it is best to avoid consuming raw or undercooked ingredients such as ground beef or cheese sauce when pregnant.
Pregnant women should also ensure that all ingredients are thoroughly cooked before consuming.
Is Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna gluten-free?
This recipe is not naturally gluten-free as there is some flour used in the cheese sauce. However, you can substitute the all-purpose flour for a gluten-free alternative to make it suitable for those with gluten allergies or sensitivities.
Can I use a different type of cheese in Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna?
Yes, you can certainly experiment with different types of cheese for this lasagna. Some popular alternatives include mozzarella, Gruyère, or Gouda.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by substituting ground beef for crumbled tofu. You can also omit the dairy ingredients in the cheese sauce and opt for a vegan alternative.
Thank you for taking the time to read about Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna! This classic Italian dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
By following this step-by-step guide, you can make a delicious lasagna that is perfect for any occasion.
Don’t forget to experiment with different ingredients and toppings so that everyone can enjoy their favorite version of this dish.
I hope you have enjoyed learning about how to make Gordon Ramsay’s Lasagna. Feel free to share this article with your friends and family so that they can make it as well!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!