Last Updated on November 2, 2023
Butterfinger Grape Salad is a quick and easy dessert that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. This sweet and creamy salad combines a delightful flavor combination. It’s perfect for potlucks or family gatherings as it can be made ahead of time and served chilled.
You must try this at home. I have been making it for years and everyone loves it. Let me show you how to make this delicious dessert that will leave your taste buds wanting more!
Table of Contents
What is Butterfinger Grape Salad?
Butterfinger Grape Salad is a light and creamy dessert salad made of red and green grapes, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, crushed Butterfinger candy bars, and pecans. It’s a deliciously sweet treat that can be whipped up in no time.
You can customize it to suit your taste by adding more or less sugar, nuts, or even fruits like strawberries or kiwis.
What does it taste like?
Butterfinger Grape Salad is a delicious combination of sweet and tangy flavors. The red and green grapes add a refreshing and tart taste that’s balanced out by the sweetness of cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar.
The crushed Butterfinger candy bars provide an extra crunch along with a delightful flavor. The pecans give the salad an added nutty and crunchy taste. All these flavors come together for a wonderfully sweet treat that’s sure to please.
How did I first get introduced to the Butterfinger Grape Salad?
I first heard of Butterfinger Grape Salad from my mom. She had been looking for a quick and easy dessert to make for our family gatherings, and when she saw this recipe in the newspaper, she knew it would be a hit. She decided to give it a try and that’s how I was introduced to this delicious treat.
My mom served it at our next gathering, and everyone loved it. I was surprised by how flavorful the salad was with such a simple preparation. It quickly became a family favorite that we make on special occasions.
After some time, I decided to try making it myself. With a few simple steps, I was able to make this delicious treat in no time and the results were amazing. It’s now one of my go-to dishes for potlucks and family gatherings.
How to make Butterfinger Grape Salad?
Making Butterfinger Grape Salad is incredibly easy and can be done in no time. Just gather the ingredients & follow the step-by-step instructions below:
You May Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes:
- House of prime rib salad dressing recipe
- Bob Evans copycat biscuit recipe
- Recipe for Ranch Dressing from Cheesecake Factory
- Red seedless grape: This adds a refreshing and tangy taste to the salad.
- Green seedless grape: This adds a sweet and juicy flavor to the salad.
- Cream cheese: It helps make the salad creamy and rich.
- Sour cream: It balances out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
- Sugar: The sugar provides an extra sweetness that ties all of the flavors together.
- Butterfinger candy bars: The crushed Butterfinger bars add a crunchy texture and delightful flavor.
- Pecans: The pecans provide a nutty and crunchy taste to the salad.
In a large bowl, combine the red seedless grapes, green seedless grapes, cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar.
Stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
Fold in the crushed Butterfinger candy bars and pecans.
Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
– If you don’t like pecans, feel free to substitute with walnuts or almonds.
– You can also add other fruits such as strawberries and kiwis for a sweet twist.
– For extra flavor, sprinkle some cinnamon on top before serving.
– To make the salad even sweeter, drizzle some caramel syrup over it before refrigerating.
Butterfinger Grape Salad Recipe
- 1 cup of succulent red seedless grapes bursting with sweetness and vibrant color.
- 4 ounces of velvety cream cheese adding a creamy and rich texture to the dessert.
- 1/4 cup of fine sugar gently sweetening the mixture to perfection.
- 2 tantalizing Butterfinger candy bars crushed into delectable bits, introducing a delightful crunch and caramel flavor.
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of premium pecans crushed to perfection, imparting a subtle nutty undertone and satisfying crunch.
- 1 cup of crisp green seedless grapes offering a refreshing contrast to the dish.
- 4 ounces of tangy sour cream providing a delightful tartness to balance the sweetness.
- In a large bowl, combine the red seedless grapes, green seedless grapes, cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar.
- Stir until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Fold in the crushed Butterfinger candy bars and pecans.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 (119) g
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Calories: 277.7 kcal
Calories from Fat 143 g
Total Fat 15.9 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 31.2 mg
Sodium 123.8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
Sugars 26.7 g
Protein 3.2 g
What to serve with Butterfinger Grape Salad?
Butterfinger Grape Salad is a delicious and sweet dessert that pairs well with many different dishes. It can be served as a side dish or even as a light summer lunch. Here are some great ideas for what to serve with this creamy and flavorful salad:
- Grilled chicken, steak, or fish: The sweetness of the salad will complement any grilled meat perfectly.
- Pasta: The salad is a great way to add some sweetness to an otherwise savory dish. Try serving it with your favorite pasta dish for a complete meal.
- Fruit salad: Butterfinger Grape Salad pairs wonderfully with other fresh fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and mangoes for a refreshing treat that everyone will enjoy.
- Salad: The sweet and creamy flavors of the salad are a perfect addition to any green salad.
- Ice cream: For an extra special treat, try serving Butterfinger Grape Salad with your favorite ice cream flavor. This combination will have everyone asking for seconds!
How to store leftover Butterfinger Grape Salad?
It’s best to store leftover Butterfinger Grape Salad in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. This will help ensure that the salad stays fresh and flavorful.
The salad should be consumed within 3-4 days of being made for optimal taste.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy Butterfinger Grape Salad in moderation. It is important to note that the salad contains cream cheese and sour cream, which may contain bacteria that could be harmful to unborn babies. Therefore, it is advised to consume this dish with caution.
Are Butterfinger Grape Salad and ambrosia the same thing?
No, they are not. Ambrosia is a traditional Southern dessert made with fruits such as mandarin oranges, marshmallows, coconut flakes, and sometimes nuts. Butterfinger Grape Salad is made with red and green grapes, cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, crushed Butterfinger candy bars, and pecans.
Is there any way to reduce the sugar content of this salad?
Yes, you can reduce the amount of sugar in this salad. Just reduce the amount of sugar called for in the recipe and substitute it with a natural sweetener such as honey or agave syrup. However, keep in mind that reducing the sugar content may alter the flavor of your salad.
Can I use other fruits instead of grapes?
Yes, you can definitely use other fruits in place of the grapes. Try adding some strawberries, blueberries, kiwis, or even apples for a sweet twist! Just make sure to adjust the sugar content accordingly.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Butterfinger Grape Salad. This creamy and delicious dish is a great option for any occasion, from family gatherings to potlucks. With just a few simple steps, you can whip up this sweet treat in no time.
Try this at home and let us know how you liked it in the comments below. Please share this article with your friends and family so they can enjoy it as well! Hope you found this helpful.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!