Last Updated on November 28, 2023
Cheesecake Factory Ranch dressing is a creamy, tangy, and savory dip or dressing. It has become so popular that many restaurants now serve it as an accompaniment to salads and other dishes. The original recipe was created in the early 1960s by the founder of Cheesecake Factory, David Overton.
He used mayonnaise as a base and added sour cream and buttermilk to give it its unique taste. Other herbs, spices, and seasonings are then added to really bring out the flavor of the dressing.
However, making this authentic dressing is easy and fun. You can check out the recipe details below and make it at home with a few simple ingredients you have at home.
Table of Contents
What Is Cheesecake factory ranch dressing?
Cheesecake Factory Ranch dressing is a popular condiment made from mayonnaise, sour cream, and buttermilk. It has a unique creamy and tangy taste with a hint of herbs and spices added to it.
It is usually served as a dip or dressing for salads, burgers, sandwiches, and various other dishes. This dip makes the dishes more flavorful and delicious.
Where Did I First Try Cheesecake factory ranch dressing?
I first tried Cheesecake Factory Ranch dressing when I visited their restaurant with my family in Los Angeles. We had heard about the wonderful flavors of their signature dressings and dips, so we decided to give it a try.
At first, I was hesitant about trying this unfamiliar dressing. But as soon as I tasted it, I was hooked! The creamy and tangy flavor with just the right amount of herbs and spices was absolutely delicious.
It was so good that I wanted to figure out how to make it myself. I asked around for the original recipe, but no one seemed to know it. So I decided to do some research online until I finally found a recipe that had all the right ingredients.
You can also checkout the following side dish Recipe :
- The Green Bean Casserole of Brenda Gantt
- Recipe for brussel sprouts from Outback Steakhouse
- Recipe for House of Prime Rib Salad
Mayonnaise: It is essential to making the dressing creamy and rich. Low-fat mayonnaise can also be used as a healthier option.
Sour cream: Sour cream adds a delicious tanginess to the dressing, which makes it really unique.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk helps to thicken the dressing while adding just the right amount of tartness.
Ground black pepper: To give the dressing a bit of kick and spice, ground black pepper is added.
Tarragon: This herb adds a very subtle sweetness to the dressing that gives it its signature flavor.
Cayenne powder: Cayenne powder gives the dressing a slight heat that balances out the other flavors.
Garlic powder: It adds a savory flavor that really brings out the taste of all the other ingredients.
Onion powder: Onion powder helps to enhance the flavors in the dressing and gives it an extra depth of flavor.
Black pepper powder: This ingredient gives the dressing a bit of a kick, while also adding some complexity to its flavor.
Dried Parsley Flakes: Dried parsley flakes add a nice, fresh herb flavor to the dressing that is both delicious and distinctive.
Dry dill: This ingredient adds a unique depth of flavor that really makes the dressing stand out from other dressings.
Salt: Salt helps to bring all the flavors together and gives the dressing just the right amount of seasoning.
In a bowl, combine 1 cup of mayonnaise, ½ cup of sour cream, and ¼ cup of buttermilk. Add ¼ teaspoon each of ground black pepper, tarragon, cayenne powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper powder, and dried parsley flakes.
Stir in ½ teaspoon of dry dill and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
Refrigerate the dressing for at least one hour before serving. Serve over salads or as a dip for vegetables, chips, or pretzels.
• You can use low-fat mayonnaise if you are looking for a healthier option.
• If the dressing is too thick, add a bit more buttermilk to thin it out.
• For an even more flavorful dressing, try adding additional herbs and spices of your choice.
• This dressing can also be used as a marinade for meats, fish, or vegetables.
• For maximum flavor and creaminess, it is best to make the dressing ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
• If your dressing is too tangy, add more mayonnaise or sour cream to balance the flavors.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
• Low-fat mayonnaise can be used instead of regular mayonnaise for a healthier option.
• Greek yogurt can be used in place of sour cream to give the dressing a more tangy taste.
• Buttermilk powder mixed with water can be substituted for fresh buttermilk if needed.
• For a milder flavor, you can use oregano or thyme instead of tarragon.
• You can also replace the black pepper powder with white pepper powder if desired.
• If you don’t want to use onion powder or garlic powder in the dressing, you can substitute them with fresh minced onions and garlic.
Cheesecake Factory Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 bowl
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper imparting a mild and aromatic spiciness to the dressing.
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder providing a savory and robust essence to the mix.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of buttermilk whether regular or low-fat, contributing a subtle tanginess and creamy consistency.
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne powder adding a gentle kick of heat and depth to the dressing.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt ensuring a well-balanced and seasoned dressing that brings out the flavors of other ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons of creamy and tangy mayonnaise providing richness and a smooth texture.
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder enhancing the overall savory profile with a touch of aromatic sweetness.
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper powder adding an extra layer of spiciness and complexity.
- 1/16 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes lending a subtle herbaceous note and visual appeal to the dressing.
- 1/2 teaspoon of dry dill imparting a refreshing and slightly tangy flavor to the mix.
- 1/2 cup of luscious sour cream adding a velvety and indulgent element to the dressing.
- 1/4 teaspoon of fragrant dry tarragon infusing a hint of herbal and slightly anise-like flavor.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of mayonnaise, ½ cup of sour cream, and ¼ cup of buttermilk. Add ¼ teaspoon each of ground black pepper, tarragon, cayenne powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper powder, and dried parsley flakes.
- Stir in ½ teaspoon of dry dill and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate the dressing for at least one hour before serving. Serve over salads or as a dip for vegetables, chips, or pretzels.
- Serving size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 79
- Total fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Trans fat: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 5.4mg
- Sodium: 54mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
How to Store Cheesecake factory ranch dressing?
Once the dressing is prepared, it should be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to one week. If you make a large batch of the dressing, it can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to use, simply thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, this dressing is safe for pregnant women to eat in moderation. Indeed, it is a great way to get some extra protein and vitamins into your diet.
Are there any health benefits of eating this dressing?
Yes, the ingredients in this homemade ranch dressing are rich in several essential minerals and vitamins, including vitamin A, which can help promote healthy vision and skin. Additionally, the buttermilk and yogurt in the dressing provide beneficial probiotics that help aid digestion.
How long will this dressing last?
If stored properly, this homemade ranch dressing can last up to one week in the refrigerator. It can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
How can I make it spicier?
You can add more cayenne pepper or red chili flakes to the mixture for an extra kick. You could also try adding some hot sauce or horseradish to give it a boost of flavor.
Cheesecake factory ranch dressing is a simple yet delicious condiment that can be used as a dip, marinade, or salad dressing. It’s made with mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, and spices that create an irresistible flavor. Making this at home is easy and allows you to customize the ingredients to your preference.
It’s also great to sneak some extra vitamins and minerals into your diet. Store the dressing properly in an airtight container for up to one week or freeze it for up to three months.
Please share this recipe with your friends and family and enjoy this tasty dressing! Have a Wonderful Day!