Last Updated on May 11, 2023
Have you heard of Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake? It’s a classic and delicious fruit cake recipe. If you’ve never tried this cake before, you’re definitely missing out! This fruity, nutty cake is packed with flavor and is perfect for the whole family.
Today, I’m going to show you how to make Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake – a delicious, moist cake that’s sure to be a hit in your household!
In this article, I’ve outlined the ingredients and simple instructions you’ll need to make this tasty dessert. I’ve also included some tips and tricks that will ensure your cake comes out perfect every time. So without further ado, let’s get started!
What Is Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake?
Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake is made with pineapple, cherries, dates, pecans, eggs and other ingredients to give it a unique flavor.The cake is usually served as a holiday dessert and often given as gifts. It’s moist and delicious, making it the perfect treat for any occasion!
Where Did I First Try Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake?
One day I was looking for a cake recipe online and I came across the Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake. I was intrigued by the ingredients, so I decided to give it a try. It was love at first bite! Since then, this recipe has become my go-to for any kind of special occasion or celebration. It typically requires no soaking time, allowing you to just mix and bake the cake.
You can also checkout the following dessert Recipe :
- Cornbread Recipe by Brenda Gantt
- Ice cream recipe with protein by Greg Doucette
- Recipe for Cake Pops without Frosting
Baking powder: Baking powder helps the cake turn out light and fluffy!
Sugar: You can use either white or brown sugar for this recipe.
Eggs: The eggs act as a binder in the cake and help to hold it together.
Flour: All-purpose flour works best for this recipe, but you could also use gluten-free flour if desired.
Pumpkin spice: This gives the cake a hint of autumn flavor.
Salt: A pinch of salt helps to bring out the other flavors in the cake.
Red cherries, green cherries and pineapple slices: These fruits add sweetness and texture to the cake.
Pecans and dates: The pecans and dates give it a nutty, chewy texture.
• Bundt cake pan
• A big Bowl
• Large spoon
• Mixer machine
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a Bundt cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
In a big bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder using a mixer machine until they are completely blended together.
Add in the 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice, 16 ounces of red cherries, 16 ounces of green cherries, 16 ounces of pineapple slices, 16 ounces of pecans, and 15 ounces of dates. Mix everything together using a spatula or a large spoon.
Pour the mixture into the greased Bundt cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
Check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
Before you serve Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake, it’s important to let the cake cool down completely. This will help ensure that the fruit and other ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the cake for a delicious final product. Let your cake cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour before cutting it into slices and serving.
• To make sure that your fruitcake has a light and moist texture, use only fresh fruits and nuts in your recipe instead of processed or canned ingredients.
• Make sure to mix all the ingredients together very well before baking.
• You can use a variety of fruits and nuts in this recipe, such as dried cranberries, apricots, almonds, pistachios or walnuts.
• If you have time, you can soak the dry-fruits in some warm water for about 15 minutes before adding them into the cake batter. This will add more flavor and moistness to your fruitcake.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have all the ingredients or don’t prefer some of them, then you can replace or substitute them with something else.
For example, if you don’t like pineapple, then you can replace it with apples or mangoes. You can also use any type of nut instead of pecans – walnuts, almonds and pistachios are some popular choices. You can also use different spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom to give your cake an extra flavor boost.
Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake Recipe
- A big Bowl
- Mixer machine
- Large spoon
- Bundt cake pan
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 16 ounces of red cherries
- 16 ounces of green cherries
- 16 ounces of pineapple slices
- 16 ounces of pecans
- 15 ounces of dates
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a Bundt cake pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a big bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder using a mixer machine until they are completely blended together.
- Add in the 1 tablespoon of pumpkin spice, 16 ounces of red cherries, 16 ounces of green cherries, 16 ounces of pineapple slices, 16 ounces of pecans, and 15 ounces of dates. Mix everything together using a spatula or a large spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the greased Bundt cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 2 hours.
- Check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Before you serve Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake, it’s important to let the cake cool down completely. This will help ensure that the fruit and other ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the cake for a delicious final product. Let your cake cool at room temperature for at least 1 hour before cutting it into slices and serving.
Calories: 300 kcal
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 5 g
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 125 mg
Potassium: 340 mg
Fiber: 3 g
How to Store Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake?
It is important to store your Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake properly in order for it to stay fresh and delicious. The best way to store this cake is by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap or placing it in an airtight container. This will help retain its moisture and prevent the fruitcake from drying out. It can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
What other fruits can I use in the recipe instead of pineapple and cherries?
There are plenty of other fruits you can use in Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake. You can use all types of dried fruit like apricots, raisins, cranberries, or figs. You can also add fresh fruits like blueberries, strawberries, plums or peaches to the mix.
You could use citrus fruits like oranges, lemons or limes for a zesty flavor. Use your creativity and have fun experimenting with different types of fruit in the recipe!
Can I make the cake without using an oven?
Yes, you can make Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake without an oven! All you need is a slow cooker or pressure cooker. In a slow cooker, simply mix all of the ingredients together and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.
For a pressure cooker, combine all of the ingredients and set to high pressure for 30 minutes. Both methods will result in a tasty, moist fruitcake.
Is Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake healthy?
Yes, this delicious cake is high in carbohydrates, dietary fiber and provides some protein from the eggs and nuts that are used in the recipe. It also contains a host of vitamins and minerals which makes it a nutritious dessert option.
Is Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake suitable for diabetics?
Yes, Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake can be suitable for diabetics with a few modifications. You can cut down on the amount of added sugar by using 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup and replacing the white sugar with coconut or date sugar.
You could use low-glycemic fruits like apples, blackberries or raspberries instead of the dried fruits. Finally, opt for whole wheat flour rather than all-purpose flour to give the cake a healthier boost. With these adjustments, Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake can be suitable for diabetics.
Thanks for reading this guide on Brenda Gantt Fruit Cake! We hope that you found this guide helpful and that it has inspired you to try baking this amazing dessert. If you have any further questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.
Now that you know how to make a delicious fruitcake, why not surprise your friends and family with this yummy treat? It’s sure to be a hit! If you love this recipe, please share it with your friends and family. And don’t forget to follow us on social media for more delicious recipes.
Sharing Is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
My name is Lori Walker. I’m a registered dietician and food enthusiast. I share easy healthy recipes on my blog and review necessary kitchen items. The recipes I share take less… Read more