Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken is a hit with the whole family. This easy-to-make dish consists of succulent chicken pieces smothered in an irresistible honey garlic sauce that takes just minutes to prepare.
Quick and convenient, it’s perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have time to spare! The sweet, tangy sauce will everyone want seconds. Make sure you make enough for leftovers – it’s just as delicious the next day!
In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about making this delicious dish. We’ll discuss the ingredients, step-by-step instructions, and tips for perfection. So, let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What is Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh?
Honey garlic chicken thighs are an easy, delicious dish made from succulent boneless chicken thighs covered in a savory-sweet honey garlic marinade. This simple yet flavorful recipe can be prepared in just minutes and requires very little effort for maximum flavor.
Perfect for busy weeknights or an impromptu gathering, this delectable dish is sure to be a hit among all ages. With the combination of ingredients, this recipe creates a balance of sweet and savory flavors. Plus, it’s healthy and nutrient-packed for a guilt-free meal!
What does it taste like?
Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs tastes sweet, savory, and slightly tangy. The marinade creates a beautiful balance of flavors that pair perfectly with succulent chicken.
To add an extra layer of flavor to the dish, we recommend adding honey to the marinade for a hint of sweetness. Honey will provide the perfect amount of sweetness to the dish without making it overly sweet.
How did I first get introduced to the Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh?
I first got introduced to Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs when I was looking for a quick and easy meal to make. After doing some research, I stumbled upon this recipe on youtube and decided to give it a try.
I was amazed at how flavorful the chicken turned out and how quickly it came together. From then on, it became a regular in my meal prep rotation. It’s easy to make, delicious, and always a crowd-pleaser!
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh?
Making Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs is incredibly simple and requires minimal effort. Here are the ingredients & step-by-step directions that you need to follow:
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- Recipe for Golden Corral Pot Roast
- Texas Roadhouse recipe for salmon
- Recipe of Longhorn Stuffed Mushroom
- Garlic: This is a key ingredient for the Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh. You will need to finely chop garlic cloves and add them to the marinade.
- Salt and Pepper: To balance out the sweet flavors of honey, you will need to season with salt and ground black pepper. This will also help enhance all other flavors in the dish.
- Onion: Make sure to finely chop the onion so that it blends in with the marinade.
- Boneless Chicken Thighs: These are the star of this dish! For best results, make sure to buy boneless chicken thighs as they are easier to work with and will cook evenly.
- Garlic Powder: This adds an extra layer of garlic flavor to the marinade.
- Onion Powder: This helps to deepen the onion flavor in this dish and adds a bit more complexity.
- Olive Oil: This will help keep the chicken moist and also ensure that it cooks evenly.
- Cilantro: A must-have ingredient for any Mexican-inspired recipe, cilantro adds a bright and fresh flavor to the dish.
- Honey: This is what gives this recipe its name! Honey will provide the perfect balance of sweetness to the recipe and help round off all the other flavors.
In a medium bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, olive oil cilantro, and honey. Mix together until is well combined.
Add the chicken thighs to a large resealable bag or container and pour the marinade over them. Seal the top of the bag/container and toss to ensure that all of the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly grease it with olive oil.
Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite sides such as roasted vegetables or rice.
-For a spicier version of this dish, feel free to add some chili flakes or your favorite hot sauce.
If you don’t have honey on hand, you can substitute it with maple syrup for similar results.
Make sure to let the chicken thighs marinate for at least one hour in order to ensure maximum flavor.
-Try using boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of thighs, if desired.
For a healthier version of this dish, opt for light soy sauce or coconut aminos as the marinade base.
-To make it even easier, you can use store-bought honey garlic sauce and just pour it over your chicken before baking.
Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh Recipe
- 1 Oven
- 1 bowl
- 1 Whisk
- 1 baking dish
- 5 5-ounce boneless chicken thighs
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Onion (diced)
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pinch garlic powder or fresh chopped/mashed garlic
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 11/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup Pure Honey
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, salt, pepper, onion, garlic powder, onion powder, olive oil cilantro, and honey. Mix together until is well combined.
- Add the chicken thighs to a large resealable bag or container and pour the marinade over them. Seal the top of the bag/container and toss to ensure that all of the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly grease it with olive oil.
- Arrange the chicken on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite sides such as roasted vegetables or rice.
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbohydrate: 38g
Total Sugars: 36g
Vitamin C: 2mg
What to serve with Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh?
Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are delicious and served with a variety of sides. Here are some ideas to get you started:
-Roasted vegetables such as carrots, cauliflower, or potatoes
-Brown rice or quinoa
-Green salad with a light vinaigrette
-Sauteed kale or spinach
-Steamed broccoli or asparagus
-Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes
-Fried plantains for a Latin flavor.
How to store leftover Honey Garlic Chicken Thigh?
Leftover Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to four days.
To reheat, place the chicken on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven until warm. Alternatively, you can microwave the chicken for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely eat Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs as long as it is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Pregnant women should also ensure that the chicken is not cross-contaminated with any raw ingredients.
Additionally, pregnant women should avoid eating more than 6 ounces per day of cooked lean meats, such as chicken thighs. Eating more than this amount can increase the risk of foodborne illness.
Can I use boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs?
Yes, you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs for this dish if desired. However, keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breast. Boneless skinless chicken breasts should be cooked until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Additionally, chicken breasts tend to dry out more quickly than chicken thighs, so it is important to keep an eye on them while they are cooking and not overcook them.
Is it possible to make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the marinade up to 8 hours before cooking. Just make sure to store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook.
Alternatively, you can also prepare the chicken ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake.
Is this dish gluten-free?
Yes, this dish is naturally gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos in the marinade. Additionally, many store-bought honey garlic sauces are also gluten-free, so check the label before purchasing.
Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are a delicious and easy way to enjoy chicken for dinner. The sweet marinade ensures maximum flavor, while the baking method ensures that the chicken stays juicy and tender.
Serve alongside your favorite side dishes for an effortless meal in minutes! For a gluten-free version, use a gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos, and for those on a low-sodium diet, opt for light soy sauce.
Thank you for reading! We hope this article has been helpful in teaching you how to make Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!