Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Bring a taste of the exotic to your dinner table with Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad. This quick and easy dish will be sure to please everyone at your table! With just a few simple steps, you can have this delicious dish on the table in no time at all.
So whether you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner or an impressive side dish to bring to a potluck, Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad is sure to be a hit!
So what are you waiting for? Try this out today and experience the flavors of Ina Garten’s curried chicken right in your own kitchen. Read on for the Instructions & more.
Table of Contents
What is Ina Garten’s curried chicken?
Ina Garten (also known as the Barefoot Contessa) is an American chef and author of eleven cookbooks. She is best known for her culinary expertise and ability to make even the most complex dishes seem easy to prepare.
So if you’re looking for something delicious yet simple to make, you can’t go wrong with one of Ina Garten’s dishes. One of her most popular dishes is her Curried Chicken Salad.
It is made of shredded chicken, mayonnaise, vinegar or wine, chutney, curry powder, celery, scallions, raisins, and cashews.
This dish is full of flavor and a great way to bring exotic flavors to your dinner table! It can be served as an entree for lunch or dinner and is sure to be a hit with all of your guests.
What does it taste like?
Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad is full of flavor and texture. The ingredients come together perfectly to create a creamy and flavorful dish that is sure to please everyone at the table.
The chicken is tender and juicy from the bone-in, skin-on breasts, while the mayonnaise adds a creamy texture. The curry powder brings a hint of spice that is balanced out by the sweetness of the raisins and chutney.
The celery, scallions, and cashews add a crunchy texture to this dish that makes it even more enjoyable to eat.
How did I first get introduced to Ina Garten’s curried chicken?
I first got introduced to Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad when I picked up her cookbook, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. As a huge fan of all her recipes, I knew that this dish would be a hit with my family and friends.
The instructions were simple yet packed with flavor, making it the perfect addition to any meal. I was also intrigued by the exotic flavors of curry powder, chutney, and raisins coming together in this dish.
Since then, I’ve been making Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad for special occasions and family gatherings. It has quickly become one of my favorite dishes to make; everyone loves it!
The best part is that the dish can be made in advance, making it an ideal choice for potlucks or dinner parties. I especially love to serve the Curried Chicken Salad with a side of rice and a green salad.
I am so glad that I discovered Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad; it has become a staple in my kitchen and one of the most requested recipes by my family and friends. It is always a hit! Try it out today; you won’t be disappointed!
How to make Ina Garten’s curried chicken?
Making Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad is an easy and delicious way to add exotic flavors to your dinner table. Here are the ingredients & steps you will need:
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- HelloFresh Sweet Soy Glaze Copycat Recipe
- Triple Delight Chinese Food Copycat Recipe
- Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Ina Garten ham and cheese quiche
- Chicken breasts: This type of chicken breast contains bone-in, skin-on which makes it juicy and flavorful.
- Olive oil: Olive oil adds a subtle flavor to the dish and is used as a cooking medium for browning the meat.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper: To bring out the flavors in this dish, use good quality kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mayonnaise: For a creamy and smooth texture, use good quality mayonnaise such as Hellman’s.
- Vinegar or wine: To bring out the flavors in this dish, you can either use vinegar or white wine
- Chutney: Chutney adds an exotic flavor to the dish. Use Major Greys for best results.
- Curry powder: Curry powder is used to add spiciness and flavor to this dish.
- Celery: Celery adds crunch and texture to the dish. The diced pieces should be small enough to mix well with other ingredients without dominating the taste.
- Scallions: Scallions add a hint of onion-like flavor as well as an eye-catching garnish.
- Raisins: Raisins add a hint of sweetness to the dish and should be added in moderation.
- Cashews: Cashews provide crunch, flavor, and texture to this dish. Roasted salted cashews are best for this.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place chicken breasts on a baking sheet and season both sides with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put the chicken in the preheated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat and let cool before shredding into small pieces.
In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar or wine, chutney, and curry powder. Add the shredded chicken pieces into the mixture and stir until everything is well combined. Stir in celery, scallions, raisins, and cashews. Taste for seasoning and adjust as desired.
Serve the curried chicken salad with a side dish.
– If you don’t have any chutney, you can substitute it with mango or pineapple jam.
– You can use store-bought roasted and salted cashews for this dish, but if you have access to fresh, unroasted cashews, they will add a better flavor.
– For a lighter version of this, you can omit the mayonnaise and replace it with Greek yogurt or sour cream.
– If you want to make this dish spicier, add more curry powder or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Ina Garten Curried Chicken Salad Recipe
- baking dish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 ½ cups good quality mayonnaise such as Hellman’s
- 3 whole bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- ¼ cup sliced scallions, about 2 scallions
- ⅓ cup vinegar or wine
- Olive oil, to taste
- 1 cup whole roasted, salted cashews
- ¼ cup chutney such as Major Greys
- 1 cup diced celery (2 large stalks)
- ¼ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Place the chicken breasts onto a baking sheet, coating them with olive oil, salt and pepper on either side. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through before cooling and shredding into small pieces.
- Take a medium bowl and combine together mayo, vinegar or white wine, chutney and curry powder. Toss in the chicken shreds into the concoction, stirring everything until combined. Add celery, scallions, raisins and cashews to the mixture and taste for seasoning – adjust as desired.
- Serve with a side dish of your choice this delicious curried chicken salad!
What to serve with Ina Garten’s curried chicken?
Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad can be served as an entree for lunch or dinner. It pairs well with a number of side dishes such as rice, roasted vegetables, quinoa salad, or a green salad.
It also tastes great when served with toasted pita bread and hummus for a Mediterranean-style meal. For a light and summery meal, try serving the Curried Chicken Salad with a fruit salad or grilled peaches.
How to store leftover Ina Garten’s curried chicken?
Leftover Curried Chicken Salad can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
The salad can also be frozen for up to 2 months, but make sure to thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before serving. When reheating, you can either microwave it or warm it up in a skillet.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad. However, it is important to note that pregnant women should always practice food safety when handling chicken and mayonnaise.
Make sure to cook the chicken thoroughly and use store-bought pasteurized mayonnaise for extra precaution. Additionally, pregnant women should also be mindful of their intake of salt and other seasonings.
Can I make this dish vegan?
Yes, it is possible to make a vegan version of Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad. To do so, substitute the chicken with firm tofu or tempeh and the mayonnaise with a vegan alternative such as Vegenaise.
Is there a way to reduce the fat content of this dish?
Yes, you can reduce the fat content of Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad by using low-fat mayonnaise or Greek yogurt instead of regular mayonnaise. Additionally, you can also omit the cashews to reduce the fat content.
Is Curried Chicken Salad gluten-free?
Yes, Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad is gluten-free. This dish does not contain any ingredients containing gluten, so it can be enjoyed by those with a gluten sensitivity. Just make sure to check the label of the chutney and mayonnaise you are using to ensure that they are indeed gluten-free.
Ina Garten’s Curried Chicken Salad is an easy and delicious dish that will add a unique flavor to your dinner table. With its exotic flavors, crunchy texture, and creamy mayonnaise base, it is sure to be a hit with everyone.
Just follow the above steps and tips for making this scrumptious salad and serve it as an entree or side dish. Please share this article with friends and family if you found it helpful. Thanks for reading.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!