Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Have you ever heard of J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta? It is a delicious dish made with tagliatelle pasta, roasted chicken, peppers, jalapenos, and a creamy Parmesan-based sauce. This recipe comes from the famous restaurant chain of the same name and has become popular among home cooks all over the world.
You will love this delicious and easy-to-make recipe. Also, it can be served as a meal for the whole family or as a side dish for something else.
In this article, we will discuss J Alexander’s Rattlesnake pasta recipe, what it tastes like, how to make it, and more. So let’s get started!
What is J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta?
J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant chain renowned for its wood-fired dishes. It is also noted for its spicy and flavorful dishes, including their famous Rattlesnake Pasta.
This dish consists of tagliatelle pasta cooked in a creamy Parmesan-based sauce with roasted chicken, peppers, and jalapenos. It has an intensely rich flavor that is both savory and slightly sweet due to the addition of roasted chicken and the creamy sauce.
The dish is served with a side of garlic bread, making it an even more delicious meal. It is a great option for dinner or lunch that can be enjoyed by everyone in the family.
What does it taste like?
The dish has a creamy, slightly spicy flavor thanks to the combination of jalapenos and Parmesan cheese. The roasted chicken adds a nice depth of flavor, and the bell peppers give it a nice crunch. Altogether, it makes for an incredibly flavorful dish that is sure to please.
How did I first get introduced to the J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta?
I was first introduced to this dish at my local J Alexander’s restaurant. My friends and I had been curious about it for some time, so we decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised by the flavor, and it quickly became a favorite dish of ours.
So, as a recipe developer, I am always curious whenever I encounter a new dish. This one was no exception and I wanted to recreate it at home, so I started looking for a recipe.
After some research and experiment, I came across the original recipe from J Alexander’s and adapted it to my own. I was thrilled with the results, and now I make this dish at home often!
How to make J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta?
Making J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta is relatively easy and straightforward. Here are the ingredients and step-by-step instructions.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, roasted chicken
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound tagliatelle pasta
- 1/2 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely diced canned jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until softened.
Add garlic, stirring for 1 minute more; then add flour, stirring constantly until the mixture is golden.
Gradually add cream and Parmesan cheese to the skillet; whisk continuously until the sauce is smooth.
Add chicken to sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix pasta with chicken-sauce mixture and transfer to a medium-sized baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Serve hot with your favorite sides, such as garlic bread or a Caesar salad.
• You can also add other vegetables to the dish, like mushrooms, onions, spinach, etc., if desired.
• If you want a more intense flavor, you can use grated Parmesan cheese instead of shredded.
• To save on time, you can also use pre-cooked chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
J Alexander’S Rattlesnake Pasta Recipe
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream a luxurious and indulgent ingredient that contributes to a creamy and velvety sauce, coating the pasta and creating a rich and luscious texture that enhances the overall comfort and satisfaction of the dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste season the dish, allowing the flavors to shine and ensuring a well-balanced and flavorful outcome. The exact amount can be adjusted according to personal preference.
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour acts as a thickening agent, helping to create a smooth and cohesive sauce that coats the pasta and chicken, resulting in a well-balanced and harmonious consistency.
- 1/4 cup of sliced bell peppers vibrant and colorful, the bell peppers bring a fresh and slightly sweet crunch to the dish, adding a pop of brightness and a hint of natural sweetness that complements the other flavors.
- 1/4 cup of butter a rich and creamy ingredient that adds a smooth and velvety richness to the sauce, contributing to a silky mouthfeel and intensifying the flavors of the other ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced canned jalapeno peppers adds a spicy and zesty kick to the dish, infusing it with a subtle heat and a touch of tanginess that brings depth and complexity to the overall flavor profile.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic releases its aromatic oils and imparts a robust and pungent flavor to the dish, adding depth and intensity to the sauce while enhancing the overall savory experience.
- 3/4 cup of chopped roasted chicken tender and flavorful pieces of chicken that bring a savory and meaty element to the dish, adding substance and depth to the overall flavor profile.
- 1/2 pound of tagliatelle pasta a flat and ribbon-like pasta that offers a delicate and silky texture, providing a perfect canvas to absorb the flavors of the sauce while maintaining a pleasant bite and adding an elegant touch to the dish.
- 3/8 tablespoons of finely shredded Parmesan cheese brings a nutty and salty note to the dish, melting into the sauce and providing a rich and robust flavor that enhances the overall savory profile.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add bell peppers and jalapenos and cook until softened.
- Add garlic, stirring for 1 minute more; then add flour, stirring constantly until the mixture is golden.
- Gradually add cream and Parmesan cheese to the skillet; whisk continuously until the sauce is smooth.
- Add chicken to sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix pasta with chicken-sauce mixture and transfer to a medium-sized baking dish.
- Step 8
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Step 9
- Serve hot with your favorite sides, such as garlic bread or a Caesar salad.
Calories: 527 kcal
What to serve with J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta?
This dish is delicious and served with a side salad, garlic bread, or roasted vegetables. You can also serve it with a light soup to complete the meal. Also, if desired, add a dollop of sour cream on top before serving.
How to store leftover J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta?
Leftover J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat as desired before serving. Eventually, flavor and texture may diminish.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, it is safe for pregnant women to consume J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta as long as all ingredients are cooked thoroughly and refrigerated leftovers are eaten within four days.
How spicy is this dish?
This dish has a mild to medium level of spiciness, depending on how much jalapeno pepper you add.
Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later?
Yes, you can make the dish ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Reheat as desired before serving.
Can I use pre-cooked chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken for this recipe?
Yes, this is a great way to save time while still making a delicious dish.
J Alexander’s Rattlesnake Pasta is a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions. With the right ingredients and step-by-step instructions, anyone can make it in no time! Serve with your favorite sides, like garlic bread or a Caesar salad.
So, you can try out this amazing dish for your next get-together. It’s sure to be a hit! Make sure to share this recipe with your friends and family, so they can enjoy it as well. Thank you.
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Truffle Hot Sauce Recipe ideas
- I Don’t Care Recipe In Casserole
- Popular Zaxby’s Coleslaw Recipe
- Pasta mardi gras pappadeaux recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.