Last Updated on November 20, 2023
Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast is a delicious and tender roast that can be easily prepared in your own home. It has a mild flavor and pairs well with many side dishes. This recipe will help you make the perfect roast, every time!
You will love the flavor of this roast and it’s sure to impress your family. Besides its flavorful taste, what makes this dish so special is that it is both healthy and economical.
However, if you don’t know how to make this dish at home, we can help. Just read on to learn more about this tasty dish, as well as how to prepare it and serve it to your family.
Table of Contents
What is Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast?
Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast is a cut of pork that comes from the sirloin area of a pig, near the back leg. It’s known for its tenderness when cooked right and can be used in a variety of recipes. It’s usually sold at Costco stores and is usually ready to cook right out of the package.
What does it taste like?
Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast has a mild flavor that pairs well with different seasonings and sauces. It can be cooked in many different ways, allowing you to create different flavors depending on how you choose to prepare it.
How did I first get introduced to the Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast?
I first tried this cut of pork when visiting a Costco store. It was ready to cook, so I decided to give it a try. After tasting it, I knew that I wanted to make it at home. It simply had a great flavor and tenderness that I just couldn’t get enough of.
How to make Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast?
Making a Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast is easy if you follow the steps provided here. Let’s first check exactly what you need to make this dish.
- 1 (2 lb) Kirkland pork sirloin tip roast
- 4 tablespoons of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman Organic Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4 Bay leaves
- 8 cups of room-temperature water
- 1 Small onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, mix together Kikkoman Organic Soy Sauce, Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, Kosher salt, and black pepper.
Rub the pork roast with the mixture until completely covered. Place the pork roast in a large baking dish and pour 8 cups of room-temperature water into it.
Add bay leaves, dried thyme, and chopped onion to the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
After two hours, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing. After slicing it, service it to your family while it is still warm.
• For best results, make sure to rub the pork roast with the mixture until completely covered and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours.
• You can leave out the bay leaves and dried thyme if you don’t have them on hand.
• For extra flavor, you can add 1/4 cup of honey or brown sugar to the mixture.
Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe
- Measuring Cup
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder imparts a robust and aromatic note to the pork, adding a hint of pungency and enhancing the overall savory profile of the dish.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan salt adds a touch of mineral richness to the dish, providing a subtle and unique flavor that complements the pork and brings out its inherent qualities.
- 1/8 tablespoon of Kikkoman Organic Soy Sauce a savory and umami-packed ingredient that adds depth and complexity to the marinade, infusing the pork with a satisfyingly rich and flavorful taste.
- 1/2 Small onion sliced, adds a sweet and savory element to the dish, infusing the pork with a gentle onion flavor that enhances its overall taste profile.
- 1 lb of Kirkland pork sirloin tip roast a tender and flavorful cut of meat that lends itself well to roasting, providing a juicy and succulent texture along with a rich and porky taste.
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme brings a warm and herbaceous aroma to the pork, adding a layer of complexity to the dish and amplifying its savory and comforting qualities.
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper adds a gentle heat and earthy undertones to the pork, elevating its taste and creating a harmonious balance of flavors.
- 2 tablespoons of Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil a high-quality oil that adds a smooth and fruity richness to the pork, enhancing its natural flavors and contributing to a deliciously moist and tender result.
- 2 Bay leaves impart a subtle and aromatic herbal note to the dish, infusing the pork with a delicate hint of floral and slightly minty flavors.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt enhances the natural flavors of the pork, helping to tenderize the meat and contribute to a well-seasoned and balanced taste.
- 4 cups of room-temperature water serves as the cooking liquid for the pork, ensuring a moist and tender result, while also allowing the flavors to meld together and create a delicious broth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a small bowl, mix together Kikkoman Organic Soy Sauce, Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, Kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the pork roast with the mixture until completely covered. Place the pork roast in a large baking dish and pour 8 cups of room-temperature water into it.
- Add bay leaves, dried thyme, and chopped onion to the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 2 hours.
- After two hours, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing. After slicing it, service it to your family while it is still warm.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces (112g)
- Calories: 212
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Sodium: 821mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 0g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 28g
What to serve with Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast?
Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast is a delicious, savory dish that pairs perfectly with a variety of sides. Try serving it with roasted potatoes and vegetables such as carrots, onions, bell peppers, or Brussels sprouts. You can also serve the roast with mashed potatoes or a simple green salad.
How to store leftover Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast?
Leftover Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast should be stored in an airtight container and kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Besides, make sure to slice the roast into smaller pieces before storing it.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can eat Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast. However, they should make sure to practice safe food handling and consume the pork roast cooked thoroughly. It is advised that pregnant women check with their doctor before consuming any type of meat during pregnancy.
Is Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast healthy?
Yes, Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast is a healthy and nutritious dish. It is packed with protein and can be part of a balanced diet.
Can I replace the Kikkoman Organic Soy Sauce with another type of sauce?
Yes, you can use any kind of sauce that you prefer. However, keep in mind that it may alter the flavor of your dish.
How long should I cook the pork roast in the oven?
The pork roast should be cooked for 2 hours at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Kirkland Pork Sirloin Tip Roast is a simple yet delicious dish that can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet. It’s easy to make and pairs well with a variety of sides, so give it a try the next time you’re looking for something new and exciting to make for dinner!
Don’t forget to share your experience of making this dish at home. Also, share this recipe with your family and friends. They will definitely love this dish. Thank you for your time.