Last Updated on November 25, 2023
Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe has been a family favorite for generations and is the famous pork chop.
Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or looking for an easy weeknight meal, this recipe is sure to please!
With just a few simple ingredients and some basic preparation steps, you can enjoy the delicious taste of your favorite dish at home.
Table of Contents
What is perry’s steakhouse pork chop?
Perry steakhouse pork chop is a famous dish in perry’s steakhouse. It is a juicy, tender and flavorful pork chop.
It’s a simple meal with four ingredients: pork chops, onion, garlic, and olive oil.
The flavor comes from simmering the pork chops in a savory sauce made with those same ingredients.
The key to this recipe is that the pork chops are cooked slowly in the sauce, so they remain juicy and flavorful.
How did I get introduced to Perry’s pork chop?
It was a typical Friday night, and I decided to treat myself to a nice dinner. After searching through local restaurants, I stumbled across Perry’s Steakhouse. It had great reviews, so I decided to give it a try.
Upon arriving at the restaurant, my nose was hit with a fantastic aroma of grilled pork chops. Immediately I knew this was going to be an unforgettable experience!
I sat down at my table and ordered Perry’s Famous Pork Chop. When it arrived, I was in awe. The pork chop was juicy, tender and succulent.
Instantly, my taste buds were tantalized with full of flavors that filled my mouth with every bite.
Without hesitation, I realized this was truly the best pork chop experience I had ever had. The texture was so tender and juicy that it melted in my mouth, leaving me wanting more!
Since then, I have wished to make it at home, which brings back the same feeling I felt that day. I followed several recipes from google, but I always felt like something was missing.
After trying a few times and making some changes in the ingredients, I finally created a recipe that perfectly replicated the taste of Perry’s pork chop. It has since become my family’s favorite meal.
I am sharing this recipe with all of you in hopes that it will bring the same amazing experience that I got. Let’s enjoy a delicious pork chop night at home, just like I did at Perry’s steakhouse!
What do you need to make perry’s pork chop?
You don’t require too much to make perrys steakhouse porkchop. All of the ingredients are easy to find and already in your pantry. You’ll need the following:
- Garlic Cloves: Garlic cloves add a pungent and aromatic flavor to the Pappadeaux Dirty Rice. They contribute depth and savory notes, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
- Oregano: Oregano contributes a herbaceous and slightly peppery flavor to the dish. It complements the other spices and herbs, adding an additional layer of taste to the Pappadeaux Dirty Rice.
- Old Bay Seasoning: Old Bay seasoning is a blend of herbs and spices, often used in Cajun and Creole cuisine. It adds a distinctive and flavorful kick to the dirty rice, providing complexity and a hint of spice.
- Bay Leaf: Bay leaf imparts a subtle earthy and herbal note to the rice. While it is typically removed before serving, it infuses the dish with a gentle flavor during the cooking process.
- Diced Onions: Diced onions add sweetness and depth to the dirty rice. They contribute to the overall flavor profile and provide a savory base for the dish.
- Green Bell Pepper: Green bell pepper adds a crisp texture and a mildly sweet flavor to the dirty rice. It is a classic ingredient in Cajun and Creole cooking, contributing freshness and color.
- Dry Mustard: Dry mustard adds a tangy and slightly spicy element to the Pappadeaux Dirty Rice. It enhances the overall flavor and contributes to the complexity of the dish.
- Salt: Salt is a fundamental seasoning that enhances the flavors of the other ingredients. It helps balance the taste and ensures the overall dish is well-seasoned.
- Long-Grain White Rice: Long-grain white rice serves as the base for the dish, providing a fluffy and tender texture. It absorbs the flavors of the seasonings and broth, creating a cohesive and flavorful rice.
- Chicken Broth: Chicken broth adds moisture and savory depth to the dirty rice. It infuses the rice with flavor during the cooking process, ensuring a rich and well-seasoned result.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper adds a warm and pungent spiciness to the dirty rice. It complements the other seasonings and contributes to the overall savory flavor.
- Chicken Liver: Chicken liver adds a distinctive richness and depth of flavor to the Pappadeaux Dirty Rice. It is a traditional ingredient in Cajun dirty rice, contributing to the dish’s hearty and savory character.
- Ground Pork: Ground pork adds a meaty and savory element to the dirty rice. It complements the chicken liver and contributes to the overall protein content of the dish.
- Butter: Butter adds richness and a velvety texture to the dirty rice. It enhances the overall mouthfeel of the dish, contributing to its indulgent and comforting nature.
- Small bowl
- Small saucepan
- Large skillet, etc.
How to make a delicious perrys steakhouse pork chop?
Making a delicious Perry’s Pork Chop is easy and simple. Here, I am giving you the step by step instructions to make it:
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
In a small bowl, blend together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Once the seasoning mix are well blended, generously sprinkle it on both sides of your pork chops.
Next, grab a large skillet and heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and cook for around 3-4 minutes per side on the stovetop or until they are brown on each side to attain an epic meat appearance.
Now take another small bowl and whisk together the chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Pour this mixture over your pork chops in the skillet on the stove and heat it up to boil.
Once the pork chops start to boil, reduce the flame to low. Allow it all to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
Now turn off the heat. Remove the bowl from the stove. After that, take a shallow baking sheet and place the pork chops in a single layer on it.
Drench them with the barbecue sauce, then bake for 30 minutes or until cooked to perfection in the preheated oven.
The Perry’s pork chops are ready to serve. It goes well with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
All in all, this Perry’s Pork Chops recipe is a classic favorite that you can easily prepare at home anytime.
It doesn’t require fancy ingredients and will be ready to serve in just over 30 minutes of cook time. Every bite of this delicious pork dish will surely be a hit with the whole family!
• Use thick-cut pork chops for a juicier and more flavorful outcome.
• Make sure to marinate the pork chops overnight in the seasoning mix, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce to give them extra flavor.
• Preheat your oven before baking your pork chops so that they will cook evenly from all sides.
• For an extra-crispy texture, preheat the skillet to medium-high temperature and fry the chops for a few minutes before baking them.
• Wait at least 10 minutes before cutting into your pork chops to ensure that they are cooked all the way through.
• Serve with freshly prepared sauce or gravy, mashed potatoes, and roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
• If you want something more creative, try adding your favorite spices and herbs to the meat before cooking it. This will give it a unique flavor that everyone will love!
How can I store my leftover perry pork chop?
You can store Perry’s pork chop in the refrigerator or freezer. To keep Perry’s pork chop in the fridge, simply wrap it up securely with aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. It will stay good for up to 4 days.
If you need to keep your Perry’s pork chop for longer, it is recommended that you store it in the freezer.
To do this, wrap Perry’s pork chop up securely with aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe bag or container.
It will stay good for up to 3 months when stored correctly. When you are ready to enjoy your Perry’s pork chop again, simply thaw it in the refrigerator overnight.
Also read: How to heat up rice in rice cooker
What Does Perry’s pork chop Taste Like?
Perry’s pork chop has a fantastic, savory flavor that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. It is marinated with a mixture of garlic, herbs, and spices, giving it an intense and complex flavor.
The pork is tender and juicy, with a slightly smoky taste due to the grilling process.
Perry’s Pork Chop Recipe
- Small saucepan
- Small bowl
- large skillet
- 1/2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil providing a fruity and aromatic flavor, acting as a cooking medium.
- 1/2 large pound of fresh pork cuts providing tender and juicy meat for the recipe.
- 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder infusing a pungent and aromatic note, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
- 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce creating a smoky, tangy, and slightly sweet coating, adding a rich and flavorful glaze.
- 1/8 teaspoon of paprika lending a smoky and earthy note, enhancing the visual appeal and taste.
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth providing a savory and flavorful base, keeping the pork moist during cooking.
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt enhancing the overall taste and bringing out the flavors of the other ingredients.
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder adding a savory and aromatic element, enhancing the overall flavor profile.
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper adding a bold and peppery flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the dish.
- 1/8 tablespoons of white vinegar adding a tangy and acidic element, balancing the flavors.
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme leaves offering a warm and herbaceous flavor, adding depth and complexity to the recipe.
- 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce contributing a savory and umami taste, enhancing the overall depth of flavor.
- 1/8 cup of brown sugar adding a subtle sweetness and caramelized richness to the dish.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, blend together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
- Once the seasoning mix are well blended, generously sprinkle it on both sides of your pork chops.
- Next, grab a large skillet and heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and cook for around 3-4 minutes per side on the stovetop or until they are brown on each side to attain an epic meat appearance.
- Now take another small bowl and whisk together the chicken broth, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme. Pour this mixture over your pork chops in the skillet on the stove and heat it up to boil.
- Once the pork chops start to boil, reduce the flame to low. Allow it all to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Now turn off the heat. Remove the bowl from the stove. After that, take a shallow baking sheet and place the pork chops in a single layer on it.
- Drench them with the barbecue sauce, then bake for 30 minutes or until cooked to perfection in the preheated oven.
- The Perry’s pork chops are ready to serve. It goes well with mashed potatoes and vegetables. All in all, this Perry’s Pork Chops recipe is a classic favorite that you can easily prepare at home anytime. It doesn’t require fancy ingredients and will be ready to serve in just over 30 minutes of cook time. Every bite of this delicious pork dish will surely be a hit with the whole family!
Cholesterol 97 mg
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Is Olive Oil The Secret To Grilling Succulent Pork Chops?
This has been debated for decades, but Perry’s pork chop recipe makes the answer clear. This iconic dish is sure to satisfy anyone looking for a classic summer meal.
The secret is in the seasoning mix: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika which make this pork chop dish extra flavorful and tender.
Before Grilling Up Those Succulent Pork Chops, What Delectable Ingredients Should You Add To Them?
Perry’s pork chop recipe calls for marinating the pork chops in a mix of olive oil, garlic, and herbs. After letting it sit for at least 30 minutes (or overnight), you can season them with black pepper and your favorite spices before cooking.
The key to getting juicy and flavorful pork chops is in the marinade—it adds depth to the flavor and helps the pork remain tender.
What Goes Well With Perry’s Pork Chop?
Perry’s pork chop is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that can be served as an entrée or side dish.
It pairs well with many different sides, making it perfect for any meal or gathering. Roasted potatoes, steamed broccoli, and a light salad are all classic accompaniments to perry’s pork chops.
Can Pregnant Women Eat Perry’s Pork Chop?
Pregnant women can indeed enjoy the recipe as long as it is cooked and prepared to the proper temperature and safety standards.
However, pregnant women should follow the food safety guidelines for all perishable foods, including perry’s pork chop recipe.
If pregnant women cook it at home, they should ensure that the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches at least 145°F; It should be cooked until there is no visible pink color or red juices.
When consuming perry’s pork chop, it is also important to avoid eating chop that has been left out at room temperature for more than two hours.
Additionally, it should be stored in the refrigerator and kept away from other perishable foods.
If a pregnant woman follows these safety guidelines, she can enjoy perry’s pork chop to her heart’s content!
What’s The Best Way To Reheat It?
The best way to reheat this amazing pork chop is by using the oven. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit before placing the pork chop in a baking dish.
Cover the dish with foil and bake for about 20 minutes or until the pork chop is heated through.
Alternatively, microwave the pork chop on high for 2-3 minutes. No matter how you reheat perry’s pork chop, it will always be delicious!
Thanks for reading about perry’s pork chop recipe! I hope you all enjoy it as much as my family does! It is sure to become a family favorite and will be a hit with everyone.
Please share your thoughts and experience with this dish. We’d love to hear from you! Happy cooking!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Chuy’s salsa dip recipe
- Crispitos recipe chicken
- Chevys fresh mex salsa recipe
- Kikkoman’s teriyaki sauce