Last Updated on August 15, 2023
This classic lasagna recipe from Patti Labelle will surely be a hit with everyone at the family dinner table! Filled with ground beef, mushrooms and spinach, this hearty dish is full of flavor and perfect for those cold winter nights.
And best of all, it only requires a few basic ingredients and easy steps that anyone can follow.
Table of Contents
What is Lasagna?
Lasagna is a traditional Italian dish made with oven-baked pasta. It typically consists of layers of pasta, cheese, and sauce usually made with bolognese or bechamel. Lasagna is often served as the main course at family meals.
Making lasagna can be easy but also time-consuming since it involves layering the ingredients. You’ll need ground beef or pork, tomatoes, garlic, onion, spices, lasagna noodles and cheese to make a delicious lasagna.
You can also add vegetables such as mushrooms or spinach to make it even more flavorful.
Once all the ingredients are prepared, you’ll layer them in a baking dish, starting with a layer of sauce on the bottom, followed by noodles and then alternating layers of meat and cheese until all the ingredients are used up.
Then, bake it in an oven for about 40 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
What does it taste like?
Patti Labelle’s lasagna is delicious because it includes only high-quality ingredients that complement each other perfectly.
Fresh herbs, spices, and mushrooms, as well as marbling through the cream cheese mixture, elevate the flavor and make each mouthful of lasagna unique.
How did I first get introduced to the Patti Labelle Lasagna Recipe?
I first got introduced to the Patti Labelle lasagna recipe after watching a video of her cooking it on YouTube. I was fascinated by how much flavor she could pack into the dish with just a few simple ingredients and thought it would be an amazing meal for my family.
After doing some research, I found that there were several versions of the recipe out there, some that used ground beef and others that didn’t. I decided to make it using ground beef.
The result was an absolutely delicious lasagna dish with layers of flavorful sauces and cheese that had my family coming back for more. It has become a staple in our house, and I can’t wait to make it again!
How to make Patti Labelle Lasagna Recipe?
Only a few basic ingredients and a few basic procedures are all you need to create this delicious dish. Put these things together and do as instructed.
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 16 oz can tomato sauce
• 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
• 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 tsp honey
• 8 oz fresh spinach (washed and patted dry)
• 14 oz can cream-style cottage cheese, drained
• 3 eggs, beaten
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion in a large skillet until beef is browned; drain fat from the pan. Add Italian seasoning, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and mushrooms. Simmer for 10 minutes; stir in honey.
Spread cooked beef mixture across the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish; top with spinach leaves and cottage cheese, followed by mozzarella cheese. Pour beaten eggs evenly over the top of the cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and heated through. Let cool for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
– Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
– For additional flavor, add Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs such as oregano and basil.
– To make a vegetarian version of this dish, substitute the beef with plant-based meat crumbles.
How to store leftover Pattie Labelle Lasagna?
Leftover Patti Labelle Lasagna can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply warm it up on the stovetop or microwave.
What to serve with Patti Labelle Lasagna?
Patti Labelle Lasagna is great served with a side salad, crusty Italian bread, and a bottle of red wine.
For something light and refreshing, serve it with a glass of white wine or sparkling water with lime.
Can Pregnant Women Eat this?
Yes, as long as all the ingredients are cooked properly and no raw eggs or unpasteurised cheese is used. It’s best to consult with your doctor or midwife before eating this dish if you’re pregnant.
Can I Substitute Anything else To Make it Vegan?
Yes, you can substitute plant-based meat crumbles for ground beef to make this dish vegetarian or vegan. You can also use plant-based cheese instead of mozzarella if desired.
How do you make moist lasagna?
While baking lasagne, use enough sauce and cover the top with foil, removing it midway through baking to allow the top to brown.
Patti Labelle Lasagna Recipe
- 1 baking dish
- 1 Oven
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 Italian seasoning
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 8 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 oz can cream-style cottage cheese, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 8 oz fresh spinach (washed and patted dry)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the beef and onion until the beef is browned; drain off any excess fat from the pan. Add Italian seasoning, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and mushrooms; reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes; finish off with a drizzle of honey.
- Spread the beef mixture across the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish and layer on top with spinach leaves, cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese. Pour beaten eggs over all of the ingredients evenly.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is heated through. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting into generous squares for serving.
Thanks for reading this guide on Patti LaBelle Lasagna Recipe. I hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe and found it helpful. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them down below.
Please share your experience in the comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts! Happy Cooking!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Bob’s Big Boy Chili Spaghetti Recipes
- Outback Steakhouse Tangy Tomato Dressing Recipe
- Similar Board and Brew Sauce Recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.