Last Updated on March 18, 2023
Tangy tomato dressing is a flavorful condiment with a tart and tangy taste. It’s perfect for adding an extra kick of flavor to salads, wraps, sandwiches, tacos, and more!
The combination of tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, water, sugar and spices gives this dressing its unique deliciousness that you won’t find in any other store-bought version.
In this article, we’ll share the recipe and step by step instructions to make your own tangy tomato dressing at home, as well as some tips on how to serve it, store it and answer any other questions you may have. So, let’s get started!
What does it taste like?
Tangy tomato dressing has a sweet and tart flavor with hints of garlic, onion and herbs. It is not too spicy but has a nice subtle kick from the red pepper (cayenne).
How did I first get introduced to the Tangy Tomato Dressing?
I first tried Tangy tomato dressing at a restaurant and instantly fell in love with it. I knew I had to try making it at home and after several attempts, I perfected the recipe!
How to make Tangy tomato dressing?
Making tangy tomato dressing is simple and easy. All you need to do is whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl, pour it into a jar or container and store it in the refrigerator. You can enjoy this delicious dressing within minutes!
Follow the following instructions to get a tasty tangy tomato dressing.
– 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 3 tbsp white vinegar
– 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
– 7 tbsp granulated sugar
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp granulated onion
– 1/4 tsp dried thyme
– 1/8 tsp dried basil
– 1 cup water
– 6 oz can tomato paste
– 1/8 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
– 1/8 tsp finely ground black pepper
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, and white vinegar until completely combined.
Then add the water, sugar, salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic, thyme, red pepper (cayenne), basil and black pepper to the mixture and whisk until everything is fully incorporated.
Pour the dressing into a jar or container and store it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
– You can adjust the sugar, salt, spices, and herbs to your own personal taste preferences.
– For a chunkier texture, add some diced tomatoes or tomato puree to the mix before whisking everything together.
– This Tangy Tomato Dressing is great on salads, sandwiches, wraps and more!
– If you want an even richer flavor, try adding a little Worcestershire sauce as well.
Tangy Tomato Dressing Recipe
- 1 Medium sized bowl
- 1 jar or container
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 7 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp granulated onion
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup water
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper cayenne
- 1/8 tsp finely ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, and white vinegar until completely combined.
- Then add the water, sugar, salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic, thyme, red pepper (cayenne), basil and black pepper to the mixture and whisk until everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour the dressing into a jar or container and store it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Nutrition Information (per serving)
Calories: 25 | Total Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 197mg | Total Carbohydrates: 6g | Dietary Fiber: 0g | Sugars: 5g | Protein: 0g
What to serve with Tangy tomato dressing?
You can use this tangy tomato dressing on salads, sandwiches, wraps and more! It is especially delicious when paired with grilled chicken or fish. You can also add it to your favorite pasta dishes for a delicious flavor boost.
How to store leftover Tangy tomato dressing?
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can enjoy this tangy tomato dressing as long as the ingredients are fresh and cooked properly.
Can I use this dressing on cooked foods?
Yes, you can use this tangy tomato dressing on cooked meats such as chicken or fish. It is also great for adding flavor to pasta dishes.
Does it contain dairy products?
No, this tangy tomato dressing does not contain any dairy products. It is completely vegan-friendly!
Thanks for reading this guide on how to make Tangy Tomato Dressing. It is a quick and delicious way to add flavor to your favorite dishes.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily whip up a batch of this tangy dressing that is perfect for salads, sandwiches, wraps and more. It’s also a great addition to cooked proteins like chicken or fish, as well as vegetarian dishes.
Now that you know the recipe, go ahead and enjoy this tasty dressing in all your favorite dishes! Please share your experience with us in the comment box below.
Please share your experience in the comments below. We’d love to hear your thoughts! Happy Cooking!
Sharing is Caring!
You Might Also Like These Recipes!
- Longhorn brussel sprouts recipe
- Jerk chicken pineapple bowl recipe
- Moe’s roasted corn pico with avocado recipe
Dr. Leah Alexander, M.D., is a board-certified Pediatrician in New Jersey and has been working at Elizabeth Pediatric Group of New Jersey since 2000.
She also has a passion for culinary arts that extends beyond the medical realm. After completing culinary school at the French Culinary Institute, she started Global Palate, LLC, a catering firm, in 2007. She ran her own six-year-old catering company and served small group parties as an owner and executive chef.