Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn is a delicious and comforting dish that’s easy to make.
This classic combination of cornbread and creamed corn is sure to be a hit with your family, friends, or dinner guests! It’s made with simple ingredients. Enjoy this delicious meal for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Do you want to make it at home? Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn & every detail you need to know about Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn.
Table of Contents
What is Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn is a classic combination of cornbread and creamed corn.
It consists of a light and fluffy cornbread base with cheese, jalapenos, and creamed corn. It’s an easy dish to make and it’s sure to be a hit with your family or dinner guests!
This delicious and comforting dish has a light and fluffy cornbread base that pairs perfectly with creamy creamed corn, cheese, and jalapenos.
It’s savory with a hint of sweetness from the sugar in this. It’s a great dish for any time of the day!
How did I first get introduced to the Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
I first heard about Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn from The Pioneer Woman cookbook. She had such wonderful things to say about this classic combination that I just had to try it for myself.
I’m glad I did because it quickly became one of my favorite dishes! I really enjoy making this dish because it’s so easy to make and it always turns out delicious.
If you are looking for a comforting and delicious dish, give Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn a try! You won’t be disappointed.
How to make Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
Making Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn is easier than you think! All you need are a few simple ingredients and follow this step-by-step instruction:
You May Also Like These Side Dishes Recipes:
- Recipe of Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese
- Bill Miller Coleslaw Recipe (Copycat Version)
- Angry Crab Trifecta Sauce Co[ycat Recipe
- How to Make Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- White lily cornbread recipe
- Yellow cornmeal: This is a type of flour made from dried, ground corn. It has a coarse consistency and adds texture and depth to the cornbread.
- All-purpose flour: This is used to help bind the ingredients together and give the final product structure.
- Sugar: Used for sweetness.
- Baking powder: Baking powder helps to create lightness in the finished product.
- Salt: Adds flavor to the cornbread.
- New Mexico Red Chile Powder (optional): For an extra burst of flavor, add a little bit of New Mexico red chile powder.
- Ancho chile powder: Ancho chiles are dried poblano peppers and they provide a mild heat and smoky flavor to the dish. If you don’t have New Mexico red chile powder, this is a great substitute.
- Eggs: Eggs help to bind the ingredients together.
- Buttermilk: Buttermilk adds richness and flavor to the cornbread.
- Canola oil: Canola oil helps to give the cornbread a nice golden color and prevents it from drying out.
- Creamed Corn: The creaminess of the creamed corn pairs perfectly with the texture of the cornbread.
- Muenster cheese: Muenster cheese adds a creamy, savory flavor to the dish.
- Jalapenos: These provide a spicy kick to balance out all of the other flavors in this dish.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan or cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and chile powder (if using).
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in the buttermilk and oil.
Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
Stir in creamed corn, cheese, and jalapenos.
Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Allow cornbread to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
– For a sweeter cornbread, add an additional tablespoon of sugar.
– Feel free to leave out the jalapenos if you don’t like spicy food.
– Substitute whole kernel corn for creamed corn if desired.
– Top with shredded cheese before baking for a cheesy twist.
– Substitute cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese if you don’t have Muenster on hand.
– Add chili powder to the batter for an extra kick of spice.
Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn
- baking dish
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp New Mexico Red Chile Powder (optional) or ancho chile powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 5-6 Tablespoons jalapenos deseeded, chopped. 1 – 2 jalapenos depending on size
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-14 1/2 ounce can be creamed corn half drained
- 1 cup muenster cheese shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and coat a 9-inch round baking pan or cast iron skillet with a thin layer of nonstick cooking spray.
- In one bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chili powder (optional). Whisk together until fully blended.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and then stir in buttermilk and oil.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Add creamed corn, cheese, and jalapenos to the batter.
- Transfer to greased pan and spread evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cornbread cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
What to serve with Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn is a delicious and comforting dish that pairs well with many different sides. For a complete meal, you can serve it alongside some grilled chicken or fish, creamy mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a salad.
You can also serve the cornbread as part of a brunch spread with scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, roasted vegetables, and fresh fruit. It also goes well with chili or soup as a side or for dunking.
If you’re looking for something sweet to accompany the cornbread, try serving it with butter and honey or some whipped cream and berries. This dish is so versatile that you can serve it with just about anything!
How to store leftover Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
You can store leftover Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn for up to three days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. You can also freeze it for up to three months, just be sure to wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap before freezing.
To reheat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator if frozen and then microwave for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can place the cornbread in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, pregnant women can safely eat Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn. However, pregnant women should avoid eating raw or undercooked eggs and meat, so make sure to cook the ingredients thoroughly before consuming them.
Additionally, they should practice safe food handling when preparing this dish. Pregnant women should also check with their doctor before consuming any new foods during pregnancy.
What kind of cheese is used in Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn?
Muenster cheese is the most commonly used cheese for this dish, but you can use cheddar or Monterrey Jack as substitutes.
Can I make this gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this gluten-free by substituting a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend and cornmeal for the regular wheat varieties. You’ll also want to make sure that any other ingredients used such as cheese or chile powder are labeled gluten-free.
Can I make this without an oven?
Yes, you can make this dish in a skillet on the stovetop. Preheat the skillet over medium heat and grease with cooking spray. Pour in the batter and cook for about 5 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 3-5 minutes until the cornbread is golden brown and cooked through.
Can I make this vegan?
Yes, you can easily make this vegan by substituting vegan butter or oil for the buttermilk and eggs. You’ll also need to find a dairy-free cheese alternative and make sure that none of the other ingredients contain animal products.
Can I use fresh jalapenos instead of canned ones?
Yes, you can use fresh jalapenos if desired. Dice them finely and sauté them in a bit of oil before adding them to the batter and cooking as directed.
As you can see, making Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn is easy and delicious. The combination of flavors and textures makes it a perfect dish for any occasion. Give it a try today and enjoy its comforting warmth!
Thank you for reading. I hope this article was helpful in providing you with all the information you need to make delicious Pioneer Woman Cornbread with Creamed Corn at home!
Please share this article with your friends and family if you found it useful.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!