Last Updated on August 19, 2023
Pioneer woman pineapple casserole is the perfect comfort food meal for any night of the week. It’s simple to make, and full of classic flavor.
A wonderful combination of brown sugar, crushed pretzels, cheddar cheese, and pineapple chunks come together in a cake-like consistency that will please even picky eaters.
If you are new to learning about the popular dish, pioneer woman pineapple casserole, then you are in the right place. Let’s learn more about pioneer woman pineapple casserole and how you can make it for yourself!
We’ll provide a detailed guide to help you prepare and serve this delicious snack.
Table of Contents
What Is pioneer woman pineapple casserole?
Pioneer woman pineapple casserole is a decades-old favorite among many households. This dish is incredibly easy to make, with minimal ingredients that will truly tantalize your taste buds. It’s perfect for family gatherings or potlucks and always brings smiles to the room!
The classic combination of cheddar cheese and pineapple chunks adds a sharp, tangy flavor to the sweet, tropical flavors. You can also experiment with different types of melting cheese like mozzarella, Colby, or Monterey Jack.
However, this dish has a few variations. Some recipes call for crushed cornflakes or almonds and some are topped with marshmallows. The great thing about this dish is that it can be changed to fit anyone’s taste!
Where Did I First Try pioneer woman pineapple casserole?
I first experienced the deliciousness of a pioneer woman’s pineapple casserole at a family barbecue. My aunt had made it as a side dish and I was instantly hooked! She is a fan of the food channel Pioneer Woman.
The combination of sweet and salty flavors, combined with crunchy pretzels, melted cheese, and juicy pineapple chunks were just too good to pass up. I couldn’t help but reach for seconds, thirds, and even fourths.
I was intrigued by the dish and asked my aunt for the recipe. She explained that it was made following the classic pioneer woman pineapple casserole recipe from the website. She also mentioned that she had changed the original recipe by adding some crushed cornflakes to give it a crunchy texture.
At that moment, I knew I wanted to make this dish for myself one day. So, I looked at the recipe and started collecting all of the ingredients I needed. After a few weeks, I finally got around to making it for myself.
I followed the instructions carefully from the website and made sure not to over-bake it. When it was done, I had created a masterpiece! It was creamy, crunchy, sweet, and savory all at once. I couldn’t believe that I had made such a delicious dish with so few ingredients.
You May Also Like These Dinner Recipes:
- Recipe for Crawfish Etouffee With Cream of Mushroom
- Long horn spicy chicken bites
- Texas Roadhouse recipe for salmon
- Butter: This ingredient makes the perfect base for the casserole. It adds flavor and helps to create a creamy texture.
- Brown Sugar: This ingredient provides sweetness and helps to balance out the salty flavors of the pretzels.
- Cheddar Cheese: The combination of cheese and butter creates a creamy layer that holds the casserole together.
- Pretzels: The crushed pretzel pieces give the dish crunch, saltiness, and texture. Also, they are great for topping the casserole!
- All-purpose Flour: This ingredient helps to bind all of the ingredients together for a cohesive casserole.
- Pineapple Chunks: Pineapple chunks provide sweetness, moisture, and a great flavor to the casserole.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, cheese, pretzels, and flour until well combined.
Drain one can of pineapple chunks and spread them on the bottom of the baking dish.
Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the pineapple layer. Sprinkle with the pretzel mixture & cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let cool before serving.
• Make sure to drain the pineapple chunks before adding them to the casserole. This will help prevent it from becoming soggy and watery.
• If you want to add extra crunch, then consider adding crushed cornflakes or almonds to the pretzel mixture.
• To ensure that the casserole doesn’t burn, make sure to check it after 25 minutes of baking. It should be golden brown and bubbly before taking it out of the oven.
• This dish is best served warm. If you want to keep it warm for longer, then consider using a crockpot or keeping the dish in a warming drawer.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
• If you don’t have butter on hand, then consider using margarine or coconut oil. It will help give the dish a creamy texture.
• Instead of brown sugar, you can use white or light-brown sugar as a substitute. At times, you may need to adjust the amount depending on your preference.
• For the cheddar cheese, you can opt for any other type of cheese such as mozzarella or Monterey Jack.
Pioneer Woman Pineapple Casserole
- 9×13-inch baking dish
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans pineapple chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, cheese, pretzels, and flour until well combined.
- Drain one can of pineapple chunks and spread them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the pineapple layer. Sprinkle with the pretzel mixture & cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let cool before serving.
- Make sure to drain the pineapple chunks before adding them to the casserole. This will help prevent it from becoming soggy and watery.
- If you want to add extra crunch, then consider adding crushed cornflakes or almonds to the pretzel mixture.
- To ensure that the casserole doesn’t burn, make sure to check it after 25 minutes of baking. It should be golden brown and bubbly before taking it out of the oven.
- This dish is best served warm. If you want to keep it warm for longer, then consider using a crockpot or keeping the dish in a warming drawer.
Calories 250 kcal
Saturated fat 7g
How to Store Leftover pioneer woman pineapple casserole?
You can store leftover pioneer woman pineapple casserole in an airtight container and keep it in the refrigerator. It should last for up to three days when stored properly. You can also freeze the casserole if you want to keep it for a longer period of time.
No matter how you choose to store your casserole, make sure that it’s in an airtight container or wrap and that it’s been properly cooled before storing. This will help retain its flavor and texture. If you freeze the casserole, make sure to thaw it completely before reheating.
Can I make pioneer woman pineapple casserole ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dish up to two days before serving it. Just assemble all of the ingredients and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to bake. The baking time might need to be adjusted as some recipes may take longer for a cold dish than a room temperature one.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, as long as the ingredients are cooked thoroughly and eaten in moderation. Also, it’s important to take into consideration your own food sensitivities when deciding what to eat.
Can this dish be reheated?
Yes, you can reheat the casserole in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Alternatively, you can also microwave individual portions for 1-2 minutes.
Is this dish suitable for vegetarians?
Yes, as long as you use a vegetarian-friendly cheese and omit the butter if desired. Additionally, you can replace the butter with a plant-based alternative like coconut oil or margarine.
So, now you have the perfect recipe to make your own version of pioneer woman pineapple casserole. It’s easy to prepare and tastes great when served warm.
You can also customize it with different ingredients to fit your own unique tastes. Just remember to always store the leftovers properly so that you can enjoy them again in the future!
You won’t be disappointed after having a taste of this classic comfort food dish. So, what are you waiting for? Get started on making your own pioneer woman pineapple casserole today!
Please share this recipe with your family and friends so that they too can enjoy the delectable flavors of this delicious dish. Thanks for reading.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!