Last Updated on June 27, 2023
The Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s recipe is an exotic tropical drink that will transport you to the Hawaiian islands in one sip. It is an easy-to-make, adult beverage that’s fruity and refreshing. If you are looking for a fun and delicious cocktail to make, then this one is perfect.
It’s sure to be a hit at any party or gathering. Moreover, it can be made with ingredients that are easy to find and the preparation is simple.
In this article, we’ll talk about the Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s recipe and how to make it at home. We will discuss the ingredients, cooking tips, nutrition information, and all your frequently asked questions related to this drink.
What Is Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s?
Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s is a fruity, tropical drink that combines pineapple juice, blue curacao, white rum, passion fruit drink mix, lime juice, and melon liqueur. This zesty cocktail is guaranteed to leave you with a sweet and sour taste that will tantalize your taste buds.
The combination of flavorful ingredients makes this cocktail a great choice for any occasion. This drink is one of the flagship recipes of the Applebee’s chain and is a very popular drink amongst its customers.
Where Did I First Try Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s?
I first had the Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s at an Applebee’s restaurant in Florida. It was love at first sip! The melon liqueur gives it the perfect hint of sweetness without overpowering the other flavors. I was so impressed with the taste that I decided to recreate this recipe at home.
However, this drink has a higher alcohol content than most of the other recipes at Applebee’s, so it is recommended that you drink responsibly.
Whenever I have the chance I visit Applebee’s to have a Tipsy Zombie. My friends and family also love this drink and it has become a regular part of our gatherings. Of course, one should take care of their limit when drinking this beverage.
Indeed, it is a refreshing and delicious tropical beverage that is perfect for any occasion. The taste is great, and the preparation is simple. I highly recommend you give this recipe a try.
You May Also Like These Drink Recipes:
- Iron Butterfly Drink Copycat Recipe
- Onion And Banana Juice Recipe (Bitter Taste)
- Bartaco Margarita Copycat Recipe
- Walk me down cocktail
- Ice cubes: A considerable amount of Ice cubes are needed to make this cocktail.
- Pineapple juice: You will need around 2 ounces of pineapple juice, which can be a sweet and tangy flavor to this recipe.
- Blue Curacao: This gives the Tipsy Zombie its signature color and flavor. You will need 2 and 1/2 ounces of blue curacao for this recipe.
- White Rum: White rum is a colorless alcoholic beverage that can be found in any local liquor store. For this recipe, you will need 2 ounces of white rum.
- Passion Fruit Drink Mix: This drink mix adds sweetness and flavor to the Tipsy Zombie. You will need 1 ounce of passion fruit drink mix for this recipe.
- Lime juice: Freshly-squeezed lime juice is recommended for this recipe. You will need 1/2 an ounce of fresh lime juice.
- Melon Liqueur: This liqueur gives the Tipsy Zombie its unique tropical flavor. You will need 1 ounce of melon liqueur.
- Gummy brains or eyes: These are used as garnish on top of the cocktail.
Start by adding a handful of ice cubes to your cocktail shaker. You can use as little or as much as you like. The more you add, the colder and slushier your Tipsy Zombie will be.
Add in the Pineapple Juice, Blue Curacao, White Rum, Passion Fruit Drink Mix, Lime Juice and Melon Liqueur.
Put on the lid of your shaker and give it a good shake for about 30 seconds or until all ingredients are mixed together. Make sure to hold onto the top of the lid as you shake to avoid any spills.
Add a few ice cubes to your glass and then strain the cocktail mix into it using a cocktail strainer. If you don’t have one, no worries! Just use a sieve or colander with small holes.
Add a gummy brain or eyes to the top of your cocktail as a fun garnish. Serve with a straw.
• Use a shaker or mason jar to mix all the ingredients together.
• Shake the mixture for 15-20 seconds before pouring it into a hurricane glass.
• Add ice cubes and stir everything together until it is well mixed.
• For extra presentation, cut out pineapple wedges with small holes and place them on top of the glass.
• Serve the Zombie with gummy brains or eyes as a garnish.
What Ingredients Can I Replace or Substitute While Making It?
If you don’t have access to all the ingredients listed above, there are some substitutions that can be made. Here is a list of ingredients that can be used instead:
• Orange juice or pineapple concentrate: You can use either orange juice or pineapple concentrate in place of the pineapple juice.
• Blueberry syrup: Blueberry syrup can be used in place of blue curacao.
• Coconut rum: Coconut rum can be used in place of white rum for a sweeter flavor profile.
• Grenadine: You can use grenadine instead of passion fruit drink mix for a more intense sweetness and color.
• Peach schnapps: Peach schnapps can be used instead of melon liqueur.
Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s Recipe
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Ice cubes
- 3 ounces of Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce of Blue Curacao
- 2 and 1/2 ounces of white rum
- 1 ounce of Passion Fruit Drink mix
- 1/2 ounce of Lime Juice
- 1/2 ounce of Melon Liqueur
- Gummy brain or eyes
- Start by adding a handful of ice cubes to your cocktail shaker. You can use as little or as much as you like. The more you add, the colder and slushier your Tipsy Zombie will be.
- Add in the Pineapple Juice, Blue Curacao, White Rum, Passion Fruit Drink Mix, Lime Juice and Melon Liqueur.
- Put on the lid of your shaker and give it a good shake for about 30 seconds or until all ingredients are mixed together. Make sure to hold onto the top of the lid as you shake to avoid any spills.
- Add a few ice cubes to your glass and then strain the cocktail mix into it using a cocktail strainer. If you don’t have one, no worries! Just use a sieve or colander with small holes.
- Add a gummy brain or eyes to the top of your cocktail as a fun garnish. Serve with a straw.
A single serving of the Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s contains approximately 150 calories and 10 grams of sugar. It also contains 8% alcohol by volume. If you are following a calorie-restricted diet, it is recommended that you limit your intake of this drink.
How to Store Leftover Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s?
Leftover Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s can be stored in a sealed container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. It is not recommended that you freeze the drink, as this may change its texture and flavor. When ready to serve, simply add ice cubes to the glass and stir before drinking.
Can pregnant women eat this?
No, it is not recommended that pregnant women consume the Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s due to the high alcohol content. You should ask your doctor before consuming any alcoholic beverage.
Can I use less alcohol in this recipe?
Yes, you can reduce the amount of alcohol in the Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s by substituting orange juice or pineapple concentrate for the rum and curacao. This will make the drink much less strong and still delicious.
Can I make this in bulk?
Yes, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make a larger amount of Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s. Simply adjust the ingredients accordingly and mix everything together in a pitcher for easy serving.
Are there any other variations of this cocktail?
The Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s is just one version of the classic Zombie cocktail. You can also try other variations such as a pineapple zombie, mango zombie, or even a luxury rum-based zombie.
Can I omit the gummy brains or eyes?
Yes, you can omit the gummy brains or eyes from the recipe if you don’t have them available. The Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s will still be delicious without them.
The Tipsy Zombie Applebee’s is an easy-to-make cocktail that combines tropical flavors with a hint of lime. The drink packs a punch and looks great when served in hurricane glass.
For extra presentation, top the drink with pineapple wedges or gummy brains or eyes. Careful though – this strong tiki cocktail is not for the faint of heart.
As you have seen, making this drink is easy and you can even find ingredients to substitute if need be. Make sure that you follow the instructions carefully for a delicious tiki cocktail experience. Please share this recipe with your friends and family and let us know if you have any questions. Thank you for supporting us.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!