Last Updated on November 6, 2023
Looking for a delicious and easy cinnamon roll? Look no further than Cici’s Cinnamon Roll! This simple, yet scrumptious dessert is perfect for breakfast or an after-dinner sweet treat.
With just a few ingredients, you can create a delicious batch of homemade cinnamon rolls that will surely delight your family and friends.
So grab your ingredients, follow this guide step-by-step, and create a delicious batch of Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls!
Table of Contents
What is Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls?
Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls are a classic sweet treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, dessert, or any time in between.
This twist on traditional cinnamon rolls is made with a fluffy and light dough, filled with a scrumptious blend of brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon, then topped off with an equally delicious cream cheese frosting.
These cinnamon rolls are incredibly easy to make and use only a few simple ingredients. The most time-consuming part is allowing the dough to rise twice for that perfect light texture.
What does it taste like?
Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls have a fluffy and light texture that pairs perfectly with the sweet and nutty filling. The brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon are balanced perfectly to create an indulgent flavor without being overly sweet.
To top it off, the cream cheese frosting adds a hint of tanginess that complements the flavors beautifully.
How did I first get introduced to Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls?
I had heard about Cici’s Café from some friends and was intrigued by the stories they told me about their incredible homemade cinnamon rolls. I decided to take a visit for myself and see what all the hype was about.
When I first stepped into Cici’s, I could immediately smell the sweet aroma of cinnamon and sugar wafting through the air. There were shelves upon shelves of freshly made cinnamon rolls and other delicious treats, all beautifully presented. I was in heaven.
I ordered one of the famous cinnamon rolls and it certainly did not disappoint. The fluffy dough, sweet filling, and cream cheese frosting were a perfect combination – I knew that I had to try making these at home.
After some trial and error, I was finally able to recreate the same deliciousness of Cici’s cinnamon rolls at home. Since then, I’ve been making them for my family and friends whenever we have a special occasion or weekend brunch.
How to make Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls?
Making Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls at home is incredibly easy and only requires a few simple ingredients & easy steps:
You May Also Like These Dessert Recipes:
- El Chico Brownie Skillet Copycat Recipe
- Amangiri Pancake Copycat Recipe
- Sugar-Free Pumpkin Roll Copycat Recipe
- All-Purpose Flour: This is the base for the dough. It helps create a light and flavorful sweet roll.
- Yeast: This will help give your rolls an extra lift and flavor.
- Milk: This will provide moisture to the dough so it doesn’t dry out while baking.
- Sugar: Adds sweetness and flavor to your rolls.
- Unsalted Butter: Adds fat to the dough for flavor and texture.
- Salt: Enhances all the flavors in the rolls.
- Large Egg: Binds all of the ingredients together.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a delicious flavor to your cinnamon roll filling.
- Walnuts: Give the rolls an extra crunch and provide additional nutrition.
- Cinnamon: An essential ingredient to bring out that classic cinnamon roll flavor.
- Heavy Cream: This will be used to make the frosting and give your rolls a sweet finish.
- Confectioners’ Sugar: Used in the frosting for sweetness and texture.
- Vanilla Extract: A small amount of this extract helps bring out all the flavors in this.
Prepare the Dough
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, yeast, and salt. In a separate bowl, heat the milk until warm (not too hot). Add the melted butter and sugar to the milk and stir to combine.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula until just combined. Add the egg and mix until fully incorporated. The dough should be soft, but not sticky.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel or plastic wrap and place it in a warm spot to rise for 1 hour.
Roll Out the Dough
- Lightly flour your work surface and turn out the dough onto it. Roll the dough into a 12-inch square, about ¼-inch thick.
Make the Filling
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon. Spread the mixture evenly over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border around the edges. Starting from one edge of the dough, roll it up tightly into a log shape.
Cut the Rolls
- Using a sharp knife, cut the log into 12 even slices. Place each slice in a well-greased 9-inch round cake pan with the cut side facing up. Cover the pans with plastic wrap and let them sit in a warm place for 30 minutes to rise.
Preheat the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Make the Frosting
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Spread the frosting over the warm rolls and serve.
– For a more intense cinnamon flavor, add an extra teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the filling.
– To make sure your rolls rise properly, make sure that the dough is not too warm when you roll it out. If it begins to get too sticky, place it in the fridge for 15 minutes before using.
– When rolling out the dough, use a ruler to get an even 12-inch square.
– Be sure to let the rolls rise for at least 30 minutes before baking them. This will ensure that they are fluffy and light.
– Let the rolls cool completely before spreading on the frosting. If you spread it on too soon, it will melt and make a mess!
Cici’s Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Cici’s Sweet Roll Dough:
- ½ teaspoon of salt carefully measured to balance the flavors and bring out the sweetness in the dough, ensuring a well-seasoned and satisfying taste.
- ½ large egg thoughtfully included to add moisture and richness to the dough, resulting in a tender and flavorful base for the cinnamon rolls.
- ⅝ cup of milk thoughtfully chosen to offer a creamy and smooth consistency, enriching the dough with a subtle hint of sweetness.
- 2 tablespoons of sugar meticulously incorporated to provide a touch of sweetness, enhancing the flavor of the dough without overwhelming it.
- 1 ¾ cups of Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour carefully measured to provide a versatile and reliable base for the dough, resulting in a tender and fluffy texture.
- 1 ⅛ teaspoons of Bob’s Red Mill Active Dry Yeast skillfully added to activate the dough and ensure a light and airy rise, creating irresistible cinnamon rolls.
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter melted to perfection, skillfully added to enrich the dough with a buttery richness, resulting in a delightful taste and texture.
Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls:
- Half portion of Sweet Roll Dough carefully prepared and rolled out to create a base for the delicious cinnamon rolls.
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter melted to perfection, skillfully brushed on the dough to infuse it with a rich and buttery flavor, enhancing the overall taste of the cinnamon rolls.
- ½ tablespoon of milk thoughtfully added to the glaze to create a creamy and smooth consistency, ensuring easy drizzling over the warm rolls.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon skillfully sprinkled over the dough to infuse the rolls with a warm and aromatic spice note, adding depth to the overall flavor profile.
- 1/16 teaspoon of vanilla extract skillfully incorporated to add a hint of aromatic sweetness, enhancing the flavor of the glaze and adding depth to the overall taste.
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar meticulously chosen for its deep and caramel-like sweetness, creating a luscious filling that melts into the dough.
- ⅓ cup of C&H Sifted Confectioners’ Sugar meticulously chosen to create a smooth and sweet glaze that adds a delightful touch of sweetness to the cinnamon rolls.
- ¼ cup of Happy Belly Walnuts chopped to perfection, thoughtfully added to provide a delightful nutty crunch and complement the sweetness of the cinnamon rolls.
- 1/6 tablespoon of heavy cream carefully drizzled over the cinnamon rolls to add moisture and create a luscious glaze, enhancing the overall richness of the dish.
- Take a large bowl and combine the all-purpose flour, yeast, and a pinch of salt.
- Heat milk in an independent bowl until slightly warm while stirring in melted butter and sugar. Gradually add the liquid blend to the dry constituents, stirring with either a spoon or spatula until amalgamated.
- Incorporate the egg for full integration; the dough should be delicate, not gluey.
- Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and position in a warm place for an hour to rise.
- Flour your work surface before transferring the dough onto it.
- Roll out the dough into 12 inches of square shape roughly ¼ inch thick.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter, brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon.
- Spread the mixture equitably on top of the dough, leaving a ½ inch perimeter around its edges.
- Roll up the log from one end tightly with your hands.
- Utilize a sharp knife to divide the log into 12 uniform portions; settle each portion in a lightly greased 9 inch round cake pan with cut side facing outward.
- Cover the pans with plastic wrap and leave them to rest in a warm place for 30 minutes until increased.
- Turn on the oven to 375°F.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until it is golden brown in color.
- Whip together cream, confectioners’ sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy yet smooth texture is achieved.
- Spread the frosting on the warm rolls and serve.
What to serve with Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls?
Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls are best served warm and can be enjoyed with a variety of accompaniments. Here are some delicious suggestions:
– Freshly brewed coffee or tea
– A glass of cold milk
– Yogurt and fresh berries
– Whipped cream or ice cream
– Caramel sauce or chocolate syrup
– An extra drizzle of honey or maple syrup
– A scoop of nut butter for a savory twist
– Freshly whipped cream cheese or cream cheese frosting
– A side of fresh fruit slices
– Your favorite jam or preserves.
How to store leftover Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls?
Leftover Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls can be stored in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature for up to 3 days.
To enjoy them again, simply pop them in the oven and reheat at 350°F for 8-10 minutes.
Can pregnant women eat this?
Yes, Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls are safe to eat for pregnant women. However, they should be aware that the eggs and dairy in this may contain high levels of bacteria and can cause food-borne illnesses if not cooked properly.
Therefore, it is important to make sure that all ingredients are handled with care and cooked at the correct temperature before consuming.
What type of flour should I use?
All-purpose flour is the best choice as it creates a light and flavorful sweet roll. If you are looking for a gluten-free option, you can substitute it with a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.
Can I substitute the walnuts for other nuts?
Definitely! Walnuts are a great addition to this recipe, but you can also use pecans, almonds, or even hazelnuts. If you’re looking for a nut-free option, try adding dried cranberries instead.
Can I make these rolls in advance?
Yes! You can prepare the dough and cut the rolls up to a day in advance and store them in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to bake them, take them out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls are a delicious treat that everyone can enjoy. With the right ingredients and instructions, you can make these warm and fluffy rolls in no time!
With their sweet flavor, crunchy walnuts, and creamy frosting, they’re sure to be a hit with family and friends. Whether you serve them for breakfast or dessert, people of all ages will love them!
I hope you found this article helpful and that it inspires you to give this classic dish a try. Please share this with your friends and family so that they can enjoy the deliciousness of Cici’s Cinnamon Rolls too! Thank you for reading.
You Might Also Like These Recipes!